Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5s Gimbal Drift issue
3150 18 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have a fix for the X5s gimbal drifting on its own ?
I've got everything to securely mount it on top of the car but it continues to drift pitch and yaw in follow mode..
Nice zero road vibration but it won't stay centered...45mm lens is ballanced.

Hardware..
IMG_5590.jpg
2017-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn down the levels on Gimbal pitch smoothness and turn off (enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow mode)  slider. With this off the gimbal will not move with the left control stick..

see if this helps you..

Rich
2017-6-10
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-10 17:18
Turn down the levels on Gimbal pitch smoothness and turn off (enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow mode)  slider. With this off the gimbal will not move with the left control stick..

see if this helps you..

Thanks I'll give that a try.
2017-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:13
Thanks I'll give that a try.

I hope this works, I started up my Inspire to play with these settings and you should see what I am referring to. Sorry I did not save a screen shot for you.

Best of luck and report back if you need some more help

Rich
2017-6-10
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

If you do the same setup without the car, does it still drift?  Perhaps thar are magnetic fields being created by spinning metal too close to the imu/gnss.
2017-6-11
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried it on the perfectly level stone/wood dinning room table and it still drifts slowly..
The camera does not point exactly straight to begin with and no matter how many combinations I try it still drifts on the table.

I've done enough searching now to know that this is a common problem without a fix from DJI.

Come on DJI put a new Inspire 2 with a X5s on a level table and tell us what you get and how to fix this issue.
2017-6-11
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well DJI is there a fix ?
2017-6-19
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No response from DJI for a fix, seriously if I didn't already invest almost $10K in this setup I for sure wouldn't buy it again with all the issues it has since day one...
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-20 08:27
No response from DJI for a fix, seriously if I didn't already invest almost $10K in this setup I for sure wouldn't buy it again with all the issues it has since day one...

I apologize that this was missed, do you happen to have the stock 15mm lens just to see if it behaves the same way? Is everything updated firmware wise? Have you already tried an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?
2017-6-20
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 09:44
I apologize that this was missed, do you happen to have the stock 15mm lens just to see if it behaves the same way? Is everything updated firmware wise? Have you already tried an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?

Yes all stock, 15mm lens and all updated. I have calibrated compass and gimbal calabration a number of times along with the IMU in every order. Follow start up procedure every time... First off the camera is always clocked to 11:00 after initial start up...
It does the same thing no matter what lens is mounted.
2017-6-20
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I get the feeling I'm on Mars waiting for a return response from NASA
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-20 12:13
Yes all stock, 15mm lens and all updated. I have calibrated compass and gimbal calabration a number of times along with the IMU in every order. Follow start up procedure every time... First off the camera is always clocked to 11:00 after initial start up...
It does the same thing no matter what lens is mounted.

It will seem odd, but you can try this calibration method as described on post #10 and referring to the picture on post #25. It's using a P4P, but it did help rectify a similar issue.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid743382
2017-6-21
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 07:56
It will seem odd, but you can try this calibration method as described on post #10 and referring to the picture on post #25. It's using a P4P, but it did help rectify a similar issue.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87837&page=1#pid743382

Well that didn't do anything .
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is that possible to take a short video with the 15mm lens about the drifting issue after self-check? I will feedback this issue to our engineer for further analysis and help you out. Appreciate your cooperation.
2017-6-23
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Come on the gimbal is moving on it's own while the Inspire is sitting on the ground or a table. What can a video tell you that myself and others haven't. ?
The gimbal does not even start out centered unless you take 11:00 as being centered and it slowly moves from there...
Maybe have your engineers take a new Inspire 2 and X5s out of the box and test that themselves with the current DJI software first hand.
Just as there is a leveling adjustment in the app for the gimbal there should be a centering adjustment to prevent the gimbal drift....
2017-6-23
Use props
Millardo
lvl.4
United States

I have the very same issue as you have described in detail, and have tried very method of correction to no avail.  Lets go DJI, fix it!
2018-5-7
Use props
Jefferey Drone Pilot 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was there ever a fix for this yet ? Now mine is doing this as well. It will do its stuff on start up , then I hear the gimble motors making a little nose then it will drift to the left a bit and stop .11 OCLOCK !
Is this going to damage my Gimble ?
Thanks,
Jeff
2018-7-5
Use props
Finder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1180013 ft
  • >>>
United States

Millardo Posted at 2018-5-7 13:18
I have the very same issue as you have described in detail, and have tried very method of correction to no avail.  Lets go DJI, fix it!

Having the same issue as well.  Everything is perfectly balanced when the drone is off.  When sitting on the ground/table it just slowly drifts...
2018-7-7
Use props
EQBView
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine is 11 o'clock and drifting as well . . predominately to the right almost as if the brain things its in a slow rotation as the rotation does seem to be a constant rate.  Horizon remains level . . . any tips ?
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules