Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Road of a Repair using DJI Care
123Next >
6732 82 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264134 ft
United States

Well I had a acident today and have to send my Mavic Pro in for service. Figured I would post the process as it goes along. So far all I have done is open the case and get the UPS label. I am expecting a 30ish day turn time. The only thing I may do is 2day it to them instead of UPS ground.

Day 1- Open case and received UPS label. 06-10-2017
Monday I will ship it out.

Day 2 - Shipped 2Day. That was $50.00, not that is important but figured I would add that. I live in Ohio. It was a 2lb box. 06-12-2017
Day 3 - It made it to Kentucky and also departed Kentucky. 06-13-2017
Day 4 - Out for delivery at 5:19 Am. 06-14-2017
Delivered On:Wednesday,  06/14/2017 at 10:40 A.M.Left AtockReceived By:YQSHIHARA
So lets see how long till it gets looked at.
They received it Day 5 - 06-15-2017
Conducting Damage Assessment

Jun/15/2017 06:41:02

They sent me a quote to replace under DJI Care - This was the $79.00 fee. I will pay that here soon.Paid Invoice at 18:01 EST time. This was all done on 6-15-2017

Day 6 - Still in Quoted as of 9:40 AM. I expected this but figured I would update the post. 06-16-2017It is at the to be replaced!

2017-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry about the accident, your drone will be taken good care of when it arrives. Thank you for your support.
2017-6-10
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

How did they ship the UPS label? Did you get a box to ship in or use original?

I was hovering Mavic Pro on my back porch and battery was low then it went beserk and crashed into ground messing up the gimbal. Just filled out my Care Refresh. Good grief yes do the 2 day. Sent a P3S battery back and it took almost 7 days ground. Now it been 3 weeks and nothing.
2017-6-11
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-11 15:42

I was hovering Mavic Pro on my back porch and battery was low then it went beserk and crashed into ground messing up the gimbal. Just filled out my Care Refresh. Good grief yes do the 2 day. Sent a P3S battery back and it took almost 7 days ground. Now it been 3 weeks and nothing.

They emailed me the UPS label. I will either have UPS pack it for me or get a box from work. I am not going to use the original box. I am going to write the case number on the outside of the box and write DJI CARE on all sides.
2017-6-11
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-11 16:03
They emailed me the UPS label. I will either have UPS pack it for me or get a box from work. I am not going to use the original box. I am going to write the case number on the outside of the box and write DJI CARE on all sides.

Yes I read that on the pop up about DJI Care. It also said send battery but filling out the thing it later said no need to send a good battery back

battery.PNG

2017-6-11
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-11 16:25
Yes I read that on the pop up about DJI Care. It also said send battery but filling out the thing it later said no need to send a good battery back

[view_image]

At the beginning it says this. I will keep the battery. I am wondering if I need to return the controller.
Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 8.39.39 PM.jpg
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are so sorry for the crash and the damage. As for the P3S battery, could you please provide the case number so we can look into it?
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-11 16:42
At the beginning it says this. I will keep the battery. I am wondering if I need to return the controller.

If the RC is working fine , there is no need to send it in. As you know, the DJI Care refresh is doing nothing to the RC. Coverage.png
2017-6-11
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-11 19:47
If the RC is working fine , there is no need to send it in. As you know, the DJI Care refresh is doing nothing to the RC.[view_image]

Thanks DJI Thor. I'll just send the Magic back. I hope this goes smooth and not have issues as others have had. But I will post good or bad along the way.

Thanks again.
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-11 19:54
Thanks DJI Thor. I'll just send the Magic back. I hope this goes smooth and not have issues as others have had. But I will post good or bad along the way.

Thanks again.

You are welcome ,we'll take care of it after it arrives. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-6-11
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-11 19:54

Thanks again.

On your Case Number page it say you print it and put in box. Down below is parts you said you would include in shipment. Might take a look mine is what it suggested
Returned Part(s)         Propeller: Aircraft:08

Might be why others have trouble cause they don't read exactly what it say. You know cross the T's and dot the I's : )
2017-6-12
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-12 05:15
On your Case Number page it say you print it and put in box. Down below is parts you said you would include in shipment. Might take a look mine is what it suggested
Returned Part(s)         Propeller: Aircraft:08

I have sent the drone 2nd day air. I am not sure if I have to update the case with this information or not. I did put in the package stating that I did not send the battery or the controller. Crossing my fingers!!
2017-6-12
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-12 10:38
I have sent the drone 2nd day air. I am not sure if I have to update the case with this information or not. I did put in the package stating that I did not send the battery or the controller. Crossing my fingers!!

Hope you removed your memory card....
2017-6-12
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-6-12 12:01
Hope you removed your memory card....

I  sure did.
2017-6-12
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Should be there Wednesday.
IMG_0024.PNG
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Received your PM and responded you , please check it.
2017-6-12
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Added day 2 and three to the opening post.
2017-6-13
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Well they got the box. Let see how long it takes to get it unboxed and what have you.
2017-6-14
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Looks like they received it already.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.36.37 PM.png
2017-6-14
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-12 22:10
Received your PM and responded you , please check it.

Thank you very much DJI Thor for the battery help. Supposed to be delivered today. Even overnight shipping.

I can at least fly my P3 std till my Mavic returns. Only problem is I'm already ruint by the Mavic, that is one excellent flying drone. I was being careful and don't know what happened with it.

Again thank you
2017-6-15
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-14 11:21
Well they got the box. Let see how long it takes to get it unboxed and what have you.

I couldn't get mine to town till Wed. Lady said 2 day it would get there Friday. Probably too late for them to touch it. She said ground would be there Mon so basically will be recieve same time so I try again ground. Looked like same same so save the $40 ship from Texas. With my P3 std battery arriving today least I can fly something till my beloved Mavic returns/replacement.
I definitely choose the Mavic over the P3S. I'm ruint by how well Mavic flys.
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

I got my quote and will pay here soon.
DJI-Status.png
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Paid invoice. Looks like a day to confirm payment.
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 6.04.46 PM.png
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United States

Did the email with the UPS label come quickly? I have not received mine yet, not sure if I need to wait longer.
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 16:26
Did the email with the UPS label come quickly? I have not received mine yet, not sure if I need to wait longer.

I got my email within minutes. It came from pkginfo@ups.com
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

I thought it should have been within minutes, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the response! I guess I need to get back in contact with them to see what happened to my label(already checked Smap, etc.). Odd that I had to already confirm payment and you are just now getting to that point, I guess that has to do with Care vs Care Refresh?
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 16:54
I thought it should have been within minutes, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the response! I guess I need to get back in contact with them to see what happened to my label(already checked Smap, etc.). Odd that I had to already confirm payment and you are just now getting to that point, I guess that has to do with Care vs Care Refresh?

No problem!
You had to confirm payment already? That is odd if you have not even sent the bird back yet. I used care refresh. Maybe the title should have said that? I hope your process start going better. I did put DJI CARE on all sides of the box many times with BIG in black marker.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

I saw that, that was a good idea and plan on doing the samething to my box.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Did you include the Gimbal cover and travel mount(Gimbal lock thingy) when you sent yours back? Or did you literally just end the body and props?
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 17:17
I saw that, that was a good idea and plan on doing the samething to my box.

Make sure you put something in the box tell them your case number. I know that may be one of those commonsense things but just don't forget to do it. Actually I almost forgot and had to make one at the last minute. DOH!! Make sure they don't have to work to process your Mavic.
2017-6-15
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 17:23
Did you include the Gimbal cover and travel mount(Gimbal lock thingy) when you sent yours back? Or did you literally just end the body and props?

I sent the Gimbal cover and gimbal lock(or whatever that is called) in also. I did not send the controller or the battery back.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, they didn't specify those things and I want to make this process as smooth as possible. Like you said, make sure they don't have to work to process my Mavic.
2017-6-15
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

I had to pay while I was filling online repair request out. Couldn't go past it. Popped up a paypal thing NO OTHER OPTIONS, I hate paypal and would rather had something else like a credit card. So had to pay paypal with a credit card.

I sent email to dji and they replied
To get started with your online repair request click: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Yes if you go to My Case and click case information then click the Print button there cause they want that in the box
2017-6-16
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-16 05:05
I had to pay while I was filling online repair request out. Couldn't go past it. Popped up a paypal thing NO OTHER OPTIONS, I hate paypal and would rather had something else like a credit card. So had to pay paypal with a credit card.

That's odd that you had to pay upfront. Since I knew that I was going to have to foot the bill I would have rather paid upfront. They could have just shipped me a replacement back.

I totally printed that page, took everything(But that Page) to work to pack it up. Noticed I did not bring it and just created one myself. For whatever reason I could not find that page to print again.

I just hope they notice I paid today and get me a replacement shipped today or Monday. As of right now it is in that status of Quoted.
2017-6-16
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

It moved to "To be replaced"

Lets see how long it takes to ship it back out.
DJI-CASE-06-16-2017.png
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-16 05:05

Did you choose DJI Care Refresh Express when filled online repair request? PayPal should be used for DJI Care Refresh Express. Please continue to use online repair request, we will send you quotation when we receive your drone and finish damage assessment.
DJI Care Refresh Express.png
2017-6-17
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-16 10:39
It moved to "To be replaced"

Lets see how long it takes to ship it back out.

When you get it look it over good. They say you may recieve a repaired one or new. Mine is probably repairable since I think it is only that gimbal cable messed up but don't know how long that takes. Camera was moving to all weird position including backwards. I can do them things myself but this camera is so small on the Mavic compared to Phantom.

Total shock to me I shipped Wed UPS ground and it left that town at 9 pm. Arrived at UPS destination in Cerritos, Ca. Saturday morning so will be delivered Mon
2017-6-17
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-17 19:11
When you get it look it over good. They say you may recieve a repaired one or new. Mine is probably repairable since I think it is only that gimbal cable messed up but don't know how long that takes. Camera was moving to all weird position including backwards. I can do them things myself but this camera is so small on the Mavic compared to Phantom.

Total shock to me I shipped Wed UPS ground and it left that town at 9 pm. Arrived at UPS destination in Cerritos, Ca. Saturday morning so will be delivered Mon

Absolutely, thanks for the advice. I am crossing my fingers that all is well when it gets back. I figure I will have registration issues(if not new) and dealing with the DJI care transfer to the new Mavic. If they do what the status says they will ship it out Monday and I hope to get it by Friday.

I was looking at the Osmo mobil and seen that it does not work well with the iPhone7+ so that was disappointing.
2017-6-17
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-17 19:54
Absolutely, thanks for the advice. I am crossing my fingers that all is well when it gets back. I figure I will have registration issues(if not new) and dealing with the DJI care transfer to the new Mavic. If they do what the status says they will ship it out Monday and I hope to get it by Friday.

I was looking at the Osmo mobil and seen that it does not work well with the iPhone7+ so that was disappointing.

Good guide how to link RC with new Link DJI Mavic Pro Remote Controller with Aircraft
2017-6-18
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
United States

GroveTuckey Posted at 2017-6-14 15:00
Looks like they received it already.

awww man or woman

In your post #19 above your showing the full repair process. Think you missed a checkbox somewhere that puts it into DJI Care Refresh. Mine looks like this.

DJI Care Refresh 3 steps

DJI Care Refresh 3 steps

Think I found it. You have to click the box say [ I have purchased DJI Care ] then the page changes

Click here

Click here

Should be a Checkbox instead to make it easier because you can't tell its a selection.
[X] I have purchased DJI Care or DJI Care Refresh

I stared at it a bit cause I purchased DJI Care Refresh and not DJI Care but then clicked it and page changed. Later it asked for my Care Refresh #. Perhaps why me and chevol had to pay up front?
2017-6-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules