Litchi Waypoint Altitude Setting
4532 11 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLT9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

I have a P3A and I'm not understanding the ground elevation information when setting the altitude height for each waypoint.  In the information below which starts flying down a valley and then rising up on the other side, what would be the altitude I set to maintain 30ft above each of the three waypoints?

Ground Elevation - 121ft (0ft below first waypoint)
Ground Elevation - 78ft (43ft below first waypoint)
Ground Elevation - 92ft (29ft below first waypoint)
2017-6-11
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-6-11
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ground Elevation - 121ft (0ft below first waypoint)       30 ft

Ground Elevation - 78ft (43ft below first waypoint)    -13 ft

Ground Elevation - 92ft (29ft below first waypoint)       1 ft
2017-6-11
Use props
KLT9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks EdM.  Me thinks my heart will be in my boots when I test this.
2017-6-11
Use props
Art - N4PJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

KLT9 Posted at 2017-6-11 03:40
Thanks EdM.  Me thinks my heart will be in my boots when I test this.

Go to YouTube and google for "waypoint altitude" and you should find at least a couple of tutorials shoing how to program AGL (above ground level) for your Litchi waypoints. The tutorials I saw were using the app instead of the mission hub. (Don't honestly know if you can do in mission hub or not!)

Also saw a couple of tutorials about using  Google Earth, but the technique using  the function within Litchi is much more straightforward (in my opinion).
2017-6-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

All I can say is be careful with this. I use Litchi all the time. If I understand you correctly, you want to maintain 30' above the ground at your different waypoints. If you are modifying each waypoint manually you can easily make a mistake and be crashing into the ground. The best way to achieve a set distance from the actual ground, is to create a path in Google Earth, and then import it into Litchi. It is pretty accurate and will create the right altitudes for you. You can still modify them if you desire. They are several videos that explain how to do this. It will be relative to the ground and you won't have to change each waypoint and take the chance of making a critical mistake. Just my opinion. I am not saying you can't do what you are suggesting. Be careful!  
2017-6-23
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-23 04:21
All I can say is be careful with this. I use Litchi all the time. If I understand you correctly, you want to maintain 30' above the ground at your different waypoints. If you are modifying each waypoint manually you can easily make a mistake and be crashing into the ground. The best way to achieve a set distance from the actual ground, is to create a path in Google Earth, and then import it into Litchi. It is pretty accurate and will create the right altitudes for you. You can still modify them if you desire. They are several videos that explain how to do this. It will be relative to the ground and you won't have to change each waypoint and take the chance of making a critical mistake. Just my opinion. I am not saying you can't do what you are suggesting. Be careful!

I just went through this on a Litchi mission, flying at local park, I know the ground rose by 32' at 2nd waypoint & back to my take off point for the rest of waypoints, 9 of em.
So, I added in +40' for #2 waypoint, luckily, waypoint #2 was in site & I watched my bird go from 1 at 20' to #2 & froze as she flew right between the branchs of a 55' tree just before #2!!
So, I flipped to P mode, flew back to #1 & added another 15' to clear the tree, so as said above, be careful!
Google earth method is a great idea to know almost exactly what your mission will do, but, watch out for those darn trees, & oh yea, the occasional cell tower
2017-6-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-6-23 08:45
I just went through this on a Litchi mission, flying at local park, I know the ground rose by 32' at 2nd waypoint & back to my take off point for the rest of waypoints, 9 of em.
So, I added in +40' for #2 waypoint, luckily, waypoint #2 was in site & I watched my bird go from 1 at 20' to #2 & froze as she flew right between the branchs of a 55' tree just before #2!!
So, I flipped to P mode, flew back to #1 & added another 15' to clear the tree, so as said above, be careful!

Amen to That!
2017-6-25
Use props
fans7d5153c4
lvl.1
Australia

Easy solution. In the Litchi app go to the setting on top right shown by a wrench, select the square that comes up, select all, then edit and where it asks altitude at each waypoint change home to waypoint. This will maintain the same altitude at each waypoint. ie it will fly at the same altitude during the whole mission
2017-7-15
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

fans7d5153c4 Posted at 2017-7-15 22:31
Easy solution. In the Litchi app go to the setting on top right shown by a wrench, select the square that comes up, select all, then edit and where it asks altitude at each waypoint change home to waypoint. This will maintain the same altitude at each waypoint. ie it will fly at the same altitude during the whole mission

Nice one,!!
This using your screen, eh
I don't see this avialable (little wrench) on mission hub, I;m going to email Litch help as this was a great find
thanks so much!!
2017-7-16
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

fans7d5153c4 Posted at 2017-7-15 22:31

You don't change HOME to WAYPOINT. You change relative to HOME to relative to GROUND. This is only available in the app. Not the hub.
2017-7-16
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules