P3S firmware - is there a time limit???
622 3 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

I've heard rumours that the firmware of the Phantom 3 Standard has some kind of built-in time limit, and eventually I will have to update my firmware even if I use an old version of the DJI Go app. Now I have firmware 1.7.9 running, and I use the 2.5 version of the DJI Go app... and so far I haven't had any problems. I believe if I don't update the Go app nor the firmware, I can use the drone without any problems. Am I right, or is there a built-in "timebomb" in the firmware? :-)
2017-6-12
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Who told you that load of codswallop ?

All that will happen is that you will get notifications to update FW and GO ... now not so long ago - there was a forced update due to people having so many problems ... but that seems to have quietened down now.

Relax .. and go fly.

If it helps ... I use latest FW 1.8.10 and latest GO on Android 3.1.5 but prefer LItchi and that's latest version as well. I have no problems at all.

Nigel
2017-6-12
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-12 01:36
Who told you that load of codswallop ?

All that will happen is that you will get notifications to update FW and GO ... now not so long ago - there was a forced update due to people having so many problems ... but that seems to have quietened down now.

Thanks, Nigel! :-) I also think that this rumour has no confirmed source... Though you might experience range limits if you use the latest DJI Go app and you are not on the latest firmware. But if you have the latest firmware&app or an older firmware&app, you are good to go. :-)
2017-6-12
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Hi .. again that's ill informed rubbish ... no disrespect to you.

People are always quick to blame GO or FW .....

GO has no influence whatsoever on range in any form. Its impossible as GO only interacts with the controller sitting a few inches from it.

FW - yes this can have an effect but not to the extent that some claim - why ? Because it only provides the foundation to tell the RF modules to transmit their data / commands. The RF modules themselves are the real deciding factor in this both RC and AC.

Having spent months comparing / evaluating combinations of GO / FW and then with Litchi before DJI decided to end it with forced updates ... I could not find conclusive proof of FW / GO / APP affecting range. But what I did find was Antenna use and form DID.

Nigel
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules