best wedding video with Osmo x3 and P3P?
5313 19 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76f284be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578871 ft
United States

Shot on Osmo x3 with some Phantom 3 Pro shots in there as well.

I don't usually do wedding videos. I do videography for fun and wedding videos are kind of my nightmare. So when I agreed to shoot this wedding in Mexico for a friend I challenged myself to make it a fun modern wedding video. I strugged with making the video visually engaging all the way through and got really creative with some After Effects.
Here it is, a celebration of love in 4 acts.

2017-6-12
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Great piece of work my friend.Nice shots...
2017-6-12
Use props
Paniki
New
Denmark

Hello! Nice video!

I have an Osmo+ and a Phantom 4 Pro+, and I was thinking about making this kind of content too! So nice to see, that someone else have done a good job!

I would like to know;
How many batteries do you have, for the Osmo and Phantom?
Did you need to recharge though the day? (How many hows were you filming?)
Did you have to move the recorded files to a laptop or so, or did you have enough memory space available? (How many GB do you have?)
What filter do you have on the cameras?
Did you use an external microphone for the Osmo? If yes, which one?

- What program do you edit in?

2017-6-12
Use props
markledfordsf
lvl.2
United States

Paniki Posted at 2017-6-12 09:44
Hello! Nice video!

I have an Osmo+ and a Phantom 4 Pro+, and I was thinking about making this kind of content too! So nice to see, that someone else have done a good job!

Thanks! I have 4 batteries for the Phantom and around 4 for the Osmo too. This type of event was over several days so I had plenty of time to keep batteries charging between events. I would say 3 batteries for each is probably fine though 4 is safe. I use 64gb cards and have never run out of space always shooting 4K 24fps but do backup to an external hard drive as often as I can. I bring a little 256mb SSD to backup on in case I decide to do any editing on site since it's fast.
I always shoot manual exposure on Osmo at 1/50 and dlog with ISO never above 800. I use an external adjustable neutral density filter on the Osmo to control exposure.
I have seperate neutral density filters for the Phantom and don't always have the time to keep it well setup for manual exposure so sometimes just shoot auto with a few stops off with a neutral density filter to generally cut down shutter speed
2017-6-12
Use props
markledfordsf
lvl.2
United States

Paniki Posted at 2017-6-12 09:44
Hello! Nice video!

For Mic, for important audio i'd use a Rode Video Mic Pro, sometimes hooked up directly to the Osmo, sometimes hooked up to a Zoom H2N to be more reliable with external headphone monitoring. I have an external sennheiser lapel mic I wish I had brought.
For video editor I only used  After Effects as its the only editor I know, I used a plugin called Magic Bullet Looks for grading
2017-6-15
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job, Wedding Photography  is a ton of pressure
2017-6-30
Use props
Diarmuid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 749094 ft

Ireland

Very cool, im doing my first wedding video in august, so im looking forward to it.
Ive been photographing weddings for 3 years now , but i want something new to challenge
2017-7-1
Use props
usera8ce1d3afa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377818 ft
United States

You struggled? Bro looks like you hit out of the park. That was a fantastic location too. Great work!
2017-7-16
Use props
Beez
New
United Kingdom

Fantastic video - and can I just say your 6 Minutes in Tokyo video is what inspired me to get into video editing!
2017-7-21
Use props
markledfordsf
lvl.2
United States

Diarmuid Posted at 2017-7-1 07:08
Very cool, im doing my first wedding video in august, so im looking forward to it.
Ive been photographing weddings for 3 years now , but i want something new to challenge

Thanks, good luck in August!
2017-7-22
Use props
markledfordsf
lvl.2
United States

usera8ce1d3afa Posted at 2017-7-16 10:08
You struggled? Bro looks like you hit out of the park. That was a fantastic location too. Great work!

Thanks! Thats the shear amount of editing hours showing   
2017-7-22
Use props
markledfordsf
lvl.2
United States

Beez Posted at 2017-7-21 00:33
Fantastic video - and can I just say your 6 Minutes in Tokyo video is what inspired me to get into video editing!

Thanks Beez! Honored to hear that as I've been inspired the same by others as well!
2017-7-22
Use props
djiuser_oAN4A0r
New

India

Hello this is very nice and amazing
2017-8-12
Use props
fans9254b82e
New
United States

This video gives a lot of good ideas, thank you
2017-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Really nice video.
Must have been a wonderful experience!
2017-8-27
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

F****** GREAT editing brother. Im learning Ae at the moment, Your titles are INSANE, its the little things that jump in this video.. best wedding video i have seen yet
2017-8-28
Use props
xiaoqing
New

Taiwan

I think Very cool, im making my first wedding video in August so i am looking forward to it.
I have now filmed a 3 year wedding, but I want some new challenges
my blog: https://www.sunrise-wedding.com.tw/
2018-3-3
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Great Video - Good Job!
2018-3-3
Use props
Sparky_17