No sound on videos recorded with Mavic Pro
16048 14 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machete Rabioso
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
A beginner here. Maybe this topic was posted before. Unfortunately I havent been able to find the answer.

I recorded a series of test videos with my new Mavic Pro. The videos play nicely when I use the DJI app in my phone (video and audio all fine). However when I download the files or use the memory card directly in my iMac there is no sound during playback. I use quicktimeplayer and VLC, same outcome with both. I tried converting the files and no change.

Is there a trick I dont know about or this is something normal???

Please, any clues will be really appreciated.

Cheers

2017-6-12
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

The sound is only recorded by your phone as all you would hear from the Mavic is the props so video only on the SD card
2017-6-12
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

No sound is recorded by the mavic, even if it did, all you'd hear is propellers.  
2017-6-12
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

As they guys mentioned before, this is very stray forward:

- Video Cached in your phone [Audio = YES]

- Video in your MAVIC's SD Card [Audio = NO]

You could consider it as a black-box system, where you have your flight records with all the important information of that flight, altitude, heading, gps, speed, sticks input, etc. And then the video cached with kind of a cockpit voice recorder of the PIC.

Cheers!
2017-6-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-6-12 05:50
As they guys mentioned before, this is very stray forward:

- Video Cached in your phone [Audio = YES]

to add one more comment here......you can also select to either enable or disable the audio on the phone/tablet in the Go4 app under general settings.
2017-6-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Let me add one more...  You can strip the audio off your phone's video and mux it in to the video file pulled from the Mavic, if you want to add audio to it.
2017-6-12
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

No sound on the SD card.  All you would hear is the propellers terrorizing the air they cut through lol
2017-6-12
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-6-12 08:49
to add one more comment here......you can also select to either enable or disable the audio on the phone/tablet in the Go4 app under general settings.

Where are general settings? Are they in the "enter device" area?
2017-6-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Clare_G101 Posted at 2017-6-12 13:45
Where are general settings? Are they in the "enter device" area?

once you have entered the device, click on the 3 dots on the top right corner and scroll down....
2017-6-12
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-6-12 15:20
once you have entered the device, click on the 3 dots on the top right corner and scroll down....

is it the "record audio with video cache"?
2017-6-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

yep...it is referring the video cache stored on your phone/tablet.
2017-6-12
Use props
Machete Rabioso
New
United Kingdom

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-6-12 16:32
yep...it is referring the video cache stored on your phone/tablet.

thanks heavysledz. Do you know how to find that audio in iPhone? I want to use it to edit in my iMac.
2017-6-14
Use props
Machete Rabioso
New
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-12 12:47
Let me add one more...  You can strip the audio off your phone's video and mux it in to the video file pulled from the Mavic, if you want to add audio to it.

thanks, how can I do that?
2017-6-14
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Machete Rabioso Posted at 2017-6-14 01:01
thanks heavysledz. Do you know how to find that audio in iPhone? I want to use it to edit in my iMac.

The audio will be part of the video file in your iPhone it is not a separate audio file. So you would have to strip it off as Xman1 has stated.
2017-6-14
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

The easy way:  Any Non-Linear Editor should be able to use that video track as an audio track and it will re-encode your Mavic video with the audio from the phone and discard the remainder.

Per the suggestion of vmich, I am now using the free version of Resolve and I am liking it better than kdenlive:  https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules