Mavic Pro was stolen - serial number and track?
6351 15 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mirkokiefer
New
Germany

Hi my Mavic Pro was stolen two weeks ago in Viernheim, Germany and I have filed a police record.
I'm posting here again as my previous post was probably in the wrong forum.

Can anyone at DJI help with getting my serial number linked to this account?
Also it should be possible to track the drone once its activated again.

Thank you!
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I am sorry to read on your drone being stolen in Germany. As you have filed a police report, this would be the right step to take. When you activated the Mavic, your serial number was automatically recorded. You would not need to do anything else on this end.
2017-6-12
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He needs the serial number from YOU at DJI, the one that is linked to HIS account.
2017-6-13
Use props
mirkokiefer
New
Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-12 13:43
I am sorry to read on your drone being stolen in Germany. As you have filed a police report, this would be the right step to take. When you activated the Mavic, your serial number was automatically recorded. You would not need to do anything else on this end.

I need to report my serial number to the police in case it gets found - could you send it to me via PM?
Also can you help and check if my drone was flown since May 25?
Thank you!
2017-6-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your DJI log in ID, not your password.  Just the ID.
2017-6-20
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

How has this progressed? I bet we are all curious to hear about it.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansa9dc375f
New
Flight distance : 13051 ft
United States

george_007 Posted at 2017-9-5 00:19
How has this progressed? I bet we are all curious to hear about it.

My phantom 3 Advanced was stolen in an armed home invasion on Oct 13 2017. I no longer have the box and serial number for the police. Is this anyway to track the drone after Oc 13 2017.  My DJI login is,

yates @ myself.com
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa9dc375f Posted at 2017-10-30 02:28
My phantom 3 Advanced was stolen in an armed home invasion on Oct 13 2017. I no longer have the box and serial number for the police. Is this anyway to track the drone after Oc 13 2017.  My DJI login is,

yates @ myself.com

Sorry for your loss. We suggest to send email to support.us@dji.com with the email account which you were used to activate the drone to see if they can help to find the serial number.
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Wi0lY55
New
Flight distance : 4777 ft
United Kingdom

Hi My DJI MAVIC pro was stolen from my car in GENEVA. I have already reported it. It happened 52 days ago. I have been trying to track it through find my drone option since then. Yesterday I switched my phone and installed the DJI app in my new phone. I thought to track my drone in it and it started giving me some location in Berlin. I went back on my old phone and it gives me the location CHAMONIX where I used it for the last time before it got stolen. I went to the new phone with new app again and every time I try to track it with my phone's location turned off it gives me the same location somewhere in  Berlin but do not give me an exact pointer to where it is. Can  you please help me. Tough I will buy a new one in Jan but still this was my birthday present from my wife and I really want to know if some thing can be done. I have the original box and everything else to proof that i was the rightful owner. Can DJI team PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER AS I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE HAS TRIED USING IT.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Wi0lY55 Posted at 2017-11-16 03:54
Hi My DJI MAVIC pro was stolen from my car in GENEVA. I have already reported it. It happened 52 days ago. I have been trying to track it through find my drone option since then. Yesterday I switched my phone and installed the DJI app in my new phone. I thought to track my drone in it and it started giving me some location in Berlin. I went back on my old phone and it gives me the location CHAMONIX where I used it for the last time before it got stolen. I went to the new phone with new app again and every time I try to track it with my phone's location turned off it gives me the same location somewhere in  Berlin but do not give me an exact pointer to where it is. Can  you please help me. Tough I will buy a new one in Jan but still this was my birthday present from my wife and I really want to know if some thing can be done. I have the original box and everything else to proof that i was the rightful owner. Can DJI team PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER AS I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE HAS TRIED USING IT.

That is weird, if the drone was stolen, the owner can use it as long as he registered his own DJI account, and the flight records are only recorded in APP of his mobile device which he is used to fly.
Nobody will see it unless the flight records are synced to the cloud and we have his account.
It doesn't make sense that you can see the records in your own mobile phone with your own DJI account.
2017-11-17
Use props
Dschapin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-17 02:29
That is weird, if the drone was stolen, the owner can use it as long as he registered his own DJI account, and the flight records are only recorded in APP of his mobile device which he is used to fly.
Nobody will see it unless the flight records are synced to the cloud and we have his account.
It doesn't make sense that you can see the records in your own mobile phone with your own DJI account.

so if someone flys a dji drone, dji cannot track it or info from it unless they sync to the cloud? it would be good to know who can track or see what
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dschapin Posted at 12-5 11:50
so if someone flys a dji drone, dji cannot track it or info from it unless they sync to the cloud? it would be good to know who can track or see what

Hi Dschapin, that is right, we can only check the flight record when customers sync to the cloud, not track, we are never able to track the drone since they are customers' personal property once it is sold. If the drone was stolen, please contact the local authority for further assistance.
2018-12-5
Use props
djiuser_7BmuwhF2j83W
New
Flight distance : 72093 ft
United Arab Emirates

my drone is stolen today plz tell me what i do
i have drone charger  
and S/N number and ean and upc number barcode
I have also 1Qr Code in charger
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7BmuwhF2j83W Posted at 2-25 08:41
my drone is stolen today plz tell me what i do
i have drone charger  
and S/N number and ean and upc number barcode

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to track the drone, please contact local authorities to report the issue for further assistance.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_7BmuwhF2j83W
New
Flight distance : 72093 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 20:25
Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to track the drone, please contact local authorities to report the issue for further assistance.

i have drone series number ean number
plz you search my drone for location where is it now...i have series number for drone..
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7BmuwhF2j83W Posted at 2-25 23:41
i have drone series number ean number
plz you search my drone for location where is it now...i have series number for drone..

As I posted in the 14#, we cannot track the drone in this situation, sorry about this, please contact the police for help.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules