Using DJI Go for GPS live tracking - Agras MG-1
3966 13 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CFROY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159341 ft

Canada

Hello, I red that DJI do not suggest to use DJI Go app while  operating the Agras MG-1. For many application I need to know the  position in real time of the aircraft and changing to the MG-1S  is not a  solution since we bought the MG-1 4 months ago. I think i am not alone  with this problem. If we can understand what kind of utilisation may  cause a bug, it would helps a lot. For example, if there is no problem  if we stay in Manual Mode, i would use it!

Thank you for your response!

2017-6-12
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2

Canada

---- up -----
2017-6-27
Use props
luxiaoning
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8743 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It is difficult to check the field edge without assistance from another guy. Map on DJI GO may help pilot know the current MG-1 location. There is no device holder on current MG-1 RC, so it may influence your normal operation.
CFROY, I am not sure whether the DJI GO software is not compatible to MG-1. For example, is the GPS coordinate accurate enough?
2017-7-9
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2

Canada

Hi,

we actually tried it and it works perfectly. The software is compatible during flight too, the relative distance between two lines is accurate enough for our needs and we added a third party camera too. One person is not enough to operate in those condition though! I asked this because some services may not be for agricultural needs!

Cordially, CFROY.
2017-7-10
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using standard 5.8ghz FPV transmitters for your secondary camera or did you figure out how to use lightbridge inside the AGRAS?

What type of distance are you getting with your agras. We are having range issues out about 1/4 mile.

How do you like the MG-1 overall. We like ours but we want the MG-1S if it's ever available here in the US.
2017-7-13
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2

Canada

Hello droneMapperGuy, I think that there will be an international version for the MG-1S (just heard of it, don't take it for cash!). I'm using a cheap Eachine camera, I didn't want to open the Agras to access the port of the Lightbridge that's for sure. Our max distance with it is 400 meters in a clear line of sight and we had no problem. It's too early for us to say how we find the Agras MG-1. In our situation, we have too much irregular shapes areas and obstacles to use Smart Operation Mode. We are testing the efficiency of a manual spraying protocol with DJI Go and an experimented pilot (Using different Teejets, watching drift control, etc.).
2017-8-1
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

CFROY Posted at 2017-7-10 10:28
Hi,

we actually tried it and it works perfectly. The software is compatible during flight too, the relative distance between two lines is accurate enough for our needs and we added a third party camera too. One person is not enough to operate in those condition though! I asked this because some services may not be for agricultural needs!

Hi i try it but it doesn't work to me, you try to connect the agras with the ground station APP? and it display the point a to point b? theres a way to have a direct contact with you thanks
2017-8-2
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2

Canada

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-8-2 11:50
Hi i try it but it doesn't work to me, you try to connect the agras with the ground station APP? and it display the point a to point b? theres a way to have a direct contact with you thanks

- It doesn't display point a and point b
- It only help when you have to do manual spraying (irregular zones)
- I just connect the remote controller to an Ipad and i open DJI Go, the app detect the lightbridge 2 and I can track the Agras with it.

Hope I helped!
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

To be clear, the Go app is not an app for this aircraft. While it is understood that some have used it with degrees of success, there is no guarantee of future success. Check out page 27 in which the DJI MG App is referred to and see if that resolves some of your concerns: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
2017-10-13
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
United States

CFROY Posted at 2017-10-13 11:04
- It doesn't display point a and point b
- It only help when you have to do manual spraying (irregular zones)
- I just connect the remote controller to an Ipad and i open DJI Go, the app detect the lightbridge 2 and I can track the Agras with it.

Ohh ok perfect thanks
2017-10-17
Use props
CFROY
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 12:11
To be clear, the Go app is not an app for this aircraft. While it is understood that some have used it with degrees of success, there is no guarantee of future success. Check out page 27 in which the DJI MG App is referred to and see if that resolves some of your concerns: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mg_1s/20170911/MG-1S_MG-1S_RTK_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Is the MG App now compatible with the MG-1? Of course this app would resolve my concerns
2017-12-11
Use props
fans1dc72d70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43222 ft
Hungary

Hello,

i have agras mg-1 version. I have also some problem, with obsticle.... if i order the mg-1S display it will work or not???? if work the function work or not??
thx the answers
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fans1dc72d70 Posted at 2018-3-15 04:58
Hello,

i have agras mg-1 version. I have also some problem, with obsticle.... if i order the mg-1S display it will work or not???? if work the function work or not??

Send me a personal message on this. I do not quite understand on what you are asking. To help assist further, is best for you to send me a personal message.
2018-3-15
Use props
fans0bd05a3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29442 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-15 08:56
Send me a personal message on this. I do not quite understand on what you are asking. To help assist further, is best for you to send me a personal message.

I have a questiom with the mg-1 and the app compatibility. Can you email me at goldenknee@msn.com?
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules