What did i do wrong here? (ActiveTrack)
976 10 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Philippines

Straight road in broad daylight, no wind. My guess is that when i drove too fast the Mavic tried to catch up and got so much speed it could not avoid that lightpost in the end there, you can hear it detect it and tries to slow down but too late. And to my utter shock and surprise the Drone is 100% intact after this. It flips over and hovers back up at full engine straight over the water......cant believe my luck.

My wife is at the controls as backup in case something like this would happen, but it happened so fast she couldnt react in time.
2017-6-13
Use props
TakeFlite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Very lucky indeed
2017-6-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

wow, what a save...
2017-6-13
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

What did you do wrong? Everything imo. You flew a drone on autopilot in an extremely hazardous area. Not rocket science.
2017-6-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I do not know the Philippine flyers rules for drones. But to fly in the place you are doing you are asking for an accident. Make your recordings somewhere where there are no other people and where you can fly at a height that is higher than the surrounding buildings and lampposts. Then I'm sure there are no more accidents after you've got your Mavic repaired.   

Good luck, Leif.
2017-6-13
Use props
dimgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315958 ft
Germany

Holy .......... you are one of the luckiest pilots I know!

Next time rise to a higher altitude. Maybe the obstacles were to thin and your drone was simply to fast.
2017-6-13
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

dimgo Posted at 2017-6-13 04:38
Holy .......... you are one of the luckiest pilots I know!

Next time rise to a higher altitude. Maybe the obstacles were to thin and your drone was simply to fast.

My thoughts exactly!
2017-6-13
Use props
avean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Philippines

It looked more insane from my POV cause it tumbled pretty fast towards the water. I still cant understand how it managed to hover in place again, amazing piece of technology.
2017-6-13
Use props
Capt Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37566 ft

United States

WOW, how lucky you are!!! You can see when you pulled over and stopped the drone moved over as well and thats when it encountered the light pole.
2017-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wow, crazy lucky!
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules