DJI Mavic 3E/3T Release Notes (05/22/2024)
1234Next >
20829 146 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I2fC9k5dXaLF
lvl.2

Uruguay

Added ability to customize the camera angle for Mapping tasks. When planning a flight route, the aircraft orientation and gimbal pitch angle can be set for the route. Convenient for inspections of specific scenarios, such as solar panels

Hi i fly solar panel inspections for many years and i get the new Mavic 3T. People that flys solar farms knows that you have to fly in this way (see the picture) but when you change the aircraft rotation 90° to set it perpendicular to main and the original overlaping you want to get is 70-30 you didnt get this. You get 85-15 because the overlapping with the sensor is calculted with the orignal sensor orientation and resolution of 640x512 and not as 512x640. I cant beleve they didnt check this on the DJI Pilot 2 App. The only way to make a work around of this is to make a custom camera with the thermal camera and invert the resolution parameters or low the front overlap and high the side (more fly time) to get a similar overlap you realy want as the example 70-30. In this video you can see what i mean (time 6:00).
The work arround to make the custom camera and the same problem happends with the H20 because is an app problem not the sensor.

DJI please fix this!
2023-4-7
Use props
STRThermal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771772 ft
United States

Anyone noticed that(and seems to be since the 3/2/2023 update) that a pinpoint that you create is no longer there when you restart the controller?  I’ve tried from the map and camera views, drone flying or not, makes no difference.   I also cannot delete permanently any pin I made before the update.  
2023-5-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13800095 ft
  • >>>
Spain

STRThermal Posted at 5-27 12:53
Anyone noticed that(and seems to be since the 3/2/2023 update) that a pinpoint that you create is no longer there when you restart the controller?  I’ve tried from the map and camera views, drone flying or not, makes no difference.   I also cannot delete permanently any pin I made before the update.

No, I just checked to make sure but I can delete old ones and any recent one added doesn't get removed. Have you tried adding one from FlightHub 2 and seeing if it saves that way?
2023-5-27
Use props
leighc
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ Posted at 3-5 07:57
Hello Dji-Team,
thank you for adding new functions, but i'm missing something, that has been there before. Where has the informationbar on the bottom of the flightplanning apps gone? Was a great tool showing up effects on flighttime, number of pictures and waypoints just in time by tweaking the flightparameters. Is there a way to show up this bar again?

Same for me too on a M3M.
This information is missing on my controller.
2023-5-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Is it fair to assume that the Mavic 3 Enterprise falls in the "is what it is" category? We're about to hit 4 months since the last update. That's 1/3rd of a year DJI! There are countless issues that are well documented here on this site. Most of which have been talked about for 6+ months and haven't been addressed. I could see something going this long with no update if all was working as expected, but clearly the M3E falls short of 99% of owners expectations. The thing has more issues than Times Magazine and DJI seems to have no motivation to fix any of them. I thought so highly of DJI before becoming the owner of my M3E.  I would cut DJI some slack if there was any attempt being made to fix things. Unfortunately it has become obvious that DJI believes this drone is "good enough". What's the point of even posting my rant here? Nobody with the company will ever read this.  
2023-6-25
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-25 13:30
Is it fair to assume that the Mavic 3 Enterprise falls in the "is what it is" category? We're about to hit 4 months since the last update. That's 1/3rd of a year DJI! There are countless issues that are well documented here on this site. Most of which have been talked about for 6+ months and haven't been addressed. I could see something going this long with no update if all was working as expected, but clearly the M3E falls short of 99% of owners expectations. The thing has more issues than Times Magazine and DJI seems to have no motivation to fix any of them. I thought so highly of DJI before becoming the owner of my M3E.  I would cut DJI some slack if there was any attempt being made to fix things. Unfortunately it has become obvious that DJI believes this drone is "good enough". What's the point of even posting my rant here? Nobody with the company will ever read this.

Quite true,

come on DJI yu can do better!
2023-6-25
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Wow, 3 months needed for the new firmware from 26.06.2023 and the only thing it says has changed:
What's New
- Added the remaining purchase service information for DJI FlightHub 2 in DJI Pilot 2.
- Optimized some of the DJI Pilot 2 information such as prompts.
2023-6-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

pspec Posted at 6-26 07:31
Wow, 3 months needed for the new firmware from 26.06.2023 and the only thing it says has changed:
What's New
- Added the remaining purchase service information for DJI FlightHub 2 in DJI Pilot 2.

The release notes are indeed underwhelming.  Hoping there are some other fixes or adjustments in there that have just gone unrecognized.  We shall see, soon.
2023-6-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Surely these release notes are just not yet finished being written yet. There's a laundry list of issues with the M3E and DJI spent the last 4 months "Optimizing some Pilot 2 prompts". I haven't seen the first person complain about in app prompts as an issue but DJI spends 4 months on this..? This is ignoring your customers feedback at the highest level. This is also a slap in the face to all of us. This has got to be a joke.
2023-6-26
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

Pinpoints are still deleted after turning off the RC.
ATTI mode cannot be activated after a mission.
An absolute impudence of DJI after more than 3 months, not even to have fixed errors!
2023-6-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Something just doesn't add up here on this latest update. How did the aircraft firmware jump from v06.01.06.06 all the way to v07.00.01.02 but the only changes documented are 2 very small things in the Pilot 2 app?  This did not require an aircraft update at all. DJI upgrades from V6 to V7 which should indicate a major update.
  • Added the remaining purchase service information for DJI FlightHub 2 in DJI Pilot 2. - Translation- Added way to pay for this crap software through Pilot 2.
  • Optimized some of the DJI Pilot 2 information such as prompts. - Translation- Word salad that means nothing.

This update that we have been patiently waiting for is nothing but a way for DJI to try and get more money by selling this Flighthub 2 dumpster fire. Nobody liked it when it was free, why do you think people are going to like it when it now cost money? I get that DJI, like most tech companys, are seeking that recurring revenue by selling services along with hardware. Like Apple + iCloud or GoPro + GoPro Subscription for example. You need great hardware to sell the software along with it. So many things need optimized with the M3E and Pilot 2 prompts are the least of our worries.
2023-6-26
Use props
Edson Miranda
New

Brazil

Goodnight. When trying to execute a flight plan on my mavic 2 enterprise thermal, the following message appeared: failed to upload flight mission: Elevation optimization not supported for current aircraft model.
how to solve
2023-6-29
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

Edson Miranda Posted at 6-29 17:52
Goodnight. When trying to execute a flight plan on my mavic 2 enterprise thermal, the following message appeared: failed to upload flight mission: Elevation optimization not supported for current aircraft model.
how to solve

This thread is for Mavic 3E/T and not for Mavic 2 EA.

Mavic 2 EA does not support elevation optimization.
2023-6-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Edson Miranda Posted at 6-29 17:52
Goodnight. When trying to execute a flight plan on my mavic 2 enterprise thermal, the following message appeared: failed to upload flight mission: Elevation optimization not supported for current aircraft model.
how to solve

pspec is correct. You could however perform a Elevation Optimization manually because there's nothing special about this final flight line. At the end of the mapping mission just tilt the gimbal to 45 degrees and fly straight towards the center of the area mapped. Take 10 to 20 photos evenly spaced depending on the size of the area.
2023-6-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Since DJI isn't going to tell us what exactly has been updated or optimized in this latest release, I had to do a little digging in the firmware files. Here's what is listed as being updated.
Screenshot 2023-06-30 113013.png

Not a whole lot on the drone side but from what I can tell it updated the following -
  • Battery charging and the Power Delivery controller.
  • Updated Electronic Speed Controllers, which could mean a whole lot of things.
  • LCPU could mean a logical CPU or the LED controller.
  • The speaker MCU
  • RTK982

2023-6-30
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

I agree,

just installed the firmware update and to see they have not fixed or improved bugs/considerations this forum has posted is just not acceptable.

I do hope a further update will come soon with Pilot2 bugs fixed and improvements.

As for battery issues, I did find a lot of overheating on my last project so cross fingers that maybe this update improves battery and charger issues....
2023-7-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I am furiously updating now with the hope that my speaker will no longer say digits in Chinese only....
2023-8-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And they fixed it!  Digits now play in English.  Thank you DJI!!!

And the video proof: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MYQDoJtCatk
2023-8-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The whole flight planning UI has been changed quite a bit. I'll have to spend more time with it before I say it's better or worse, seems decent though. I'm kinda bummed that there aren't any much needed camera settings made available. Still no AEB, no new video resolution or frame rates, no RC Plus compatibility, no form of subject tracking etc. It sounds like a broken record at this point. We'll take whatever update we can get however small that may be.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-29 09:49
The whole flight planning UI has been changed quite a bit. I'll have to spend more time with it before I say it's better or worse, seems decent though. I'm kinda bummed that there aren't any much needed camera settings made available. Still no AEB, no new video resolution or frame rates, no RC Plus compatibility, no form of subject tracking etc. It sounds like a broken record at this point. We'll take whatever update we can get however small that may be.

Hi, Johnnokomis. Thank you for sharing your insights We'll take this as suggestion of yours and will forward them to our relevant team for evaluation.
2023-8-29
Use props
djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ
lvl.3
Germany

The statusbar where you can see information about flightime and number of pictures during the flightplanning is back.
After firmeware update you can get the C2-classification.
Just these two things make me quite happy! Thank you Dji for listening.
I bought the drone mainly for mapping and therefore it does a great job!
2023-8-30
Use props
GEORobson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 411289 ft
Poland

I can't update right now, I'm in the middle of a big quest. Has the ability to select the starting point of a mapping mission been added?
2023-8-30
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GEORobson Posted at 8-30 04:56
I can't update right now, I'm in the middle of a big quest. Has the ability to select the starting point of a mapping mission been added?

Yes - finally!! Under Advanced settings if you scroll down you can choose Route Start Point, the move the cross to the point and press Set!  Not tried yet but a missing feature which will be very useful... a pain before when you couldn't really move it or control.

Also noticed can save several RTK NTRIP profiles, also very good to have...

2023-8-30
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

Axelz Posted at 8-30 09:36
Yes - finally!!  Under Advanced settings if you scroll down you can choose Route Start Point, the move the cross to the point and press Set!  Not tried yet but a missing feature which will be very useful... a pain before when you couldn't really move it or control.

Yes you can change the starting point in mapping missions. However, not where you want, only to predefined points.
2023-8-30
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pspec Posted at 8-30 09:55
Yes you can change the starting point in mapping missions. However, not where you want, only to predefined points.
Ah yes, so you can select one of the points and then set that to be the start point, still mega handy and a missing feature for so long. A really great update.
2023-8-30
Use props
Gwen14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190846 ft

Belgium

Hi,

At the end of the upgrade process, we have a pop-up requesting for European users if they want to request the C2 label (yes or later).

If you want to order C2 labels, you need to add a postal address via the RC pro controller. The system give an « internal server error message » and it’s not possible to record the postal address.

Tried several times (wait 1 hour between attempts) but no success.

Can you give more info?

Thanks in advance
2023-9-1
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_MUj3JGuuC5lJ
lvl.1
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-1 23:07
That looks like a good update.

Ive just installed the latest update and flew my firs mapping mission with my M3E & D-RTK2 base station, all is good, I can finally see mission details (photos, time etc..) when planning a mapping mission, all seems to be working well.
2023-9-1
Use props
fans86ae0df7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 408766 ft

Germany

Good Morning,

Yesterday I have updated my Mavic 3T.
Now I have Avionics Warning!
If i go to settings for updating I became the info: it is up to date!
Where is the problem? I do a mistake?
Perhaps someone have had the same problem and can help me!? I hope so!

Regards
Peter
2023-9-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ Posted at 8-30 00:30
The statusbar where you can see information about flightime and number of pictures during the flightplanning is back.
After firmeware update you can get the C2-classification.
Just these two things make me quite happy! Thank you Dji for listening.

Hi, djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ. Thank you for your kind words. We're glad that you're happy with the new firmware update. Have a safe flight always!
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gwen14 Posted at 9-1 03:06
Hi,

At the end of the upgrade process, we have a pop-up requesting for European users if they want to request the C2 label (yes or later).

Hi, Gwen14. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this concern to our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans86ae0df7 Posted at 9-1 23:09
Good Morning,

Yesterday I have updated my Mavic 3T.

Hi, Peter. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience.. Let me forward this concern to our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-2
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-2 21:27
Hi, Peter. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience.. Let me forward this concern to our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

2023-9-3
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just updated everything and did a quick mission test.  Everything seemed normal.
Except that when I pause the mission with the pause button on the RC, pressing the pause button again does not work to continue the mission.  I had to quit the mission and start over.  So there seems to be no way to pause and continue.

Anyone else experience this?
2023-9-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dave_pitman Posted at 9-5 13:13
Just updated everything and did a quick mission test.  Everything seemed normal.
Except that when I pause the mission with the pause button on the RC, pressing the pause button again does not work to continue the mission.  I had to quit the mission and start over.  So there seems to be no way to pause and continue.

I was able to pause a mission yesterday to do a battery swap and it resumed and finished as expected. Today during a different mission my flight was 95% done and I decided to pause and take a last few photos manually. It wouldn't take a single photo until I went in and exited the almost finished flight task first. I know it wasn't like that before this latest update. I could pause a mission, RTH and take photos the entire way back for a battery swap. This is a big deal to be unable to use the camera while a flight plan is loaded.
2023-9-5
Use props
Divographics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1125233 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Are we going to see the new VISION ASSIST feature introduced to MAVIC 3 ENTERPRISE?

It beats me how such a pro feature is not in the latest firmware for the enterprise series but it's first introduced to the consumer drones.
2023-9-6
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-5 20:36
I was able to pause a mission yesterday to do a battery swap and it resumed and finished as expected. Today during a different mission my flight was 95% done and I decided to pause and take a last few photos manually. It wouldn't take a single photo until I went in and exited the almost finished flight task first. I know it wasn't like that before this latest update. I could pause a mission, RTH and take photos the entire way back for a battery swap. This is a big deal to be unable to use the camera while a flight plan is loaded.

Wow this is a big one for me. I have the habbit to take some photos manually after the mission has finished. What happens if you set the option to hover after the mission finishes instead of coming back home? Can you take some pictures or not?
I also would to ask, is there an option to set my default settings for every new mission? For example I want to have default 80/80 overlap, set distance based trigger and not time based, plus some other options. It is very furstrating to change all these settings every time.
2023-9-6
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17874 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC Pro Pause button seems broken.  It will pause a mission, but will not resume when pressed again.

My craft, RC and Pilot 2 app are all current as of 8/29/2023
2023-9-6
Use props
Big DZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Divographics Posted at 9-6 00:17
Are we going to see the new VISION ASSIST feature introduced to MAVIC 3 ENTERPRISE?

It beats me how such a pro feature is not in the latest firmware for the enterprise series but it's first introduced to the consumer drones.

I agree! I definitely would like to see vision assist on the M3E.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2928855 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now my drone dosen't show the oblique mission set up option.. what now. I have a mapping mission tomorrow!  It used to be there
20230913_213317.jpg
2023-9-13
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules