Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7dee1d6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 5-2 01:58
I don't think it should be of any problem. If a firmware updates fail, nothing really happens.

That's not quite true for me.  Mine would do all the updates on assist 2 and then got stuck in a refresh on the bird itself.  Could not do anything else after that, and still with the country code error, after doing all you have suggested.  Sent it back, got a replacement from DJI.  Still SAME PROBLEM, locked country code.

RESOLUTION:  After doing updates through the phone, including flysafe update, still no change in status.  I tried DJI assist FPV, which would not recognize the Avata 2.  Desperately tried DJI Assist 2 Consumer drone version, and was able to refresh all updates!  I then registered the drone and it's R.I.D with the FAA through the DJI Fly on the phone (not sure if this affected it, but possible).  BINGO!  No Country Code Error and NO restrictions any longer!   
5-3 10:25
Use props
djiuser_AX1uYtpacigl
New
Flight distance : 435633 ft
French Guiana

Bonjour à tous j'ai exactement le même problème : j'ai fait tout ce qui est dans le forum, j'ai tout essayé mais rien ne fonctionne pour moi, j'ai toujours le message code pays non mis à jour avec la limitation de distance de 50 m... Que faire ? Merci de votre aide
5-10 08:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AX1uYtpacigl Posted at 5-10 08:24
Bonjour à tous j'ai exactement le même problème : j'ai fait tout ce qui est dans le forum, j'ai tout essayé mais rien ne fonctionne pour moi, j'ai toujours le message code pays non mis à jour avec la limitation de distance de 50 m... Que faire ? Merci de votre aide

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the model of your drone? Thank you.
5-11 02:29
Use props
fans811624d8
New
United States

Ultimately need to be outside so the GPS lock happens on the quad (turn it on and give it a few minutes) then go to app connected to goggles and select profile -> settings, and then update the region flysafe DB.  Without having the GPS lock first any amount of updating firmware or trying to refresh the DB didn't seem to affect the message but once have a lock and then use the app+goggles to scan/refresh the DB and it fixes/removes the region lock.

Other tips and registration are just that tips, you should probably follow those but they shouldn't lock the device from flying, if you are in a no fly zone then ya know you shouldn't be flying there but otherwise shouldn't be an issue insofar as I can tell.  Will take it out tomorrow to actually test fly for a bit... Assuming it will work since message gone but will try to post back with confirmation.

My best guess as to why firmware updates may have "helped" is just the dice roll on if the quad has gotten a GPS lock before region check.
5-18 21:50
Use props
fanscb66e410
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490932 ft
United States

Having the same issue. Tried all the fixes in this thread and still no joy. Sent a support email to DJI and they're acting like they've never heard of the issue. Sent in all the requested steps (which are pretty elaborate) and their followup emails not only act like they've never heard of the issue, but they ask me to redo steps that I've already done and documented for them. And that's after days of no response.

This is really frustrating.
5-27 15:29
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

fanscb66e410 Posted at 5-27 15:29
Having the same issue. Tried all the fixes in this thread and still no joy. Sent a support email to DJI and they're acting like they've never heard of the issue. Sent in all the requested steps (which are pretty elaborate) and their followup emails not only act like they've never heard of the issue, but they ask me to redo steps that I've already done and documented for them. And that's after days of no response.

This is really frustrating.

Following the steps I mentioned in this thread, you should then turn on your drone and goggles under clear skies where GPS reception is good. The drone should then pick the spot where you're at, an adjust accordingly.
5-27 21:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules