Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 03:04
Im sure here it was normally nicer than this at this time of year.

Just one of those off seasons this year then. .
5-2 03:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 03:34
Just one of those off seasons this year then. .

Weird out there now,   just flew 4 flights with the Avata,   idiot me forgot to clear down the SD card and I discovered you cant view the aircraft album in the goggles so I couldnt delete anything that way.

Flew under the bridge a few times,  but it's very grey and slightly misty.  
5-2 05:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 05:48
Weird out there now,   just flew 4 flights with the Avata,   idiot me forgot to clear down the SD card and I discovered you cant view the aircraft album in the goggles so I couldnt delete anything that way.

Flew under the bridge a few times,  but it's very grey and slightly misty.

Woohoo, glad you decided to shoot under the bridge.  I figured it wouldn't take long to get up the courage to do that.  
5-2 13:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 13:40
Woohoo, glad you decided to shoot under the bridge.  I figured it wouldn't take long to get up the courage to do that.

thanks.  I just had to change where I flew from,  and even then Im getting signal issues on the other side.  Ive got a POV video to post latter as my SD card was full and I dont know how to delete via the goggles
5-2 20:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 20:25
thanks.  I just had to change where I flew from,  and even then Im getting signal issues on the other side.  Ive got a POV video to post latter as my SD card was full and I dont know how to delete via the goggles

I noticed in one video this morning that I saw a SD full warning.  Maybe in a future FW update they tweak the settings to get better connectivity at longer distances.
5-3 06:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 06:33
I noticed in one video this morning that I saw a SD full warning.  Maybe in a future FW update they tweak the settings to get better connectivity at longer distances.

Yes,  that was my fault totally,   I let the 128gb card in the drone fill up.   I usually get 256gb cards but I cheaped out this time as I didnt expect to be taking many photos with this drone.
5-3 23:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 23:32
Yes,  that was my fault totally,   I let the 128gb card in the drone fill up.   I usually get 256gb cards but I cheaped out this time as I didnt expect to be taking many photos with this drone.

It surprises me at times as how little difference there is in price between 128Gb and 256GB.  Then other times the prices are quite far apart.  I'm on the look out for a sale to pick up a couple of 512GB cards.  
5-4 13:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 13:16
It surprises me at times as how little difference there is in price between 128Gb and 256GB.  Then other times the prices are quite far apart.  I'm on the look out for a sale to pick up a couple of 512GB cards.

Theres a guy around here that sells the 256gb card for the 128gb price DJI charge,   if of course he has any,   Im pretty sure they are not very legit though.  As in real product iffy source.
5-4 22:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 22:54
Theres a guy around here that sells the 256gb card for the 128gb price DJI charge,   if of course he has any,   Im pretty sure they are not very legit though.  As in real product iffy source.

I've even gotten a  sham card off Amazon before.  Fortunately, Amazon is great to deal with on returns, especially sham products.  (it will not let me type f a k e without spaces)
5-5 05:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 05:38
I've even gotten a  sham card off Amazon before.  Fortunately, Amazon is great to deal with on returns, especially sham products.  (it will not let me type f a k e without spaces)

Amazon here used to do a thing where they would mix their stock with stock from other people wanting to see on their platform the same product,.  So they all basically got mixed up and if the supplier sent in dodgy cards they could then go to an amazon purchase,   I believe here they have stopped that practice.   But then Sandisk had a scandal a few years back where someone was swapping cards that failed the Q&A checks back onto the shop floor and taking the goods one to see themself.
5-5 06:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 06:41
Amazon here used to do a thing where they would mix their stock with stock from other people wanting to see on their platform the same product,.  So they all basically got mixed up and if the supplier sent in dodgy cards they could then go to an amazon purchase,   I believe here they have stopped that practice.   But then Sandisk had a scandal a few years back where someone was swapping cards that failed the Q&A checks back onto the shop floor and taking the goods one to see themself.

I normally buy only SanDisk and other than 2 rare instances i've had great luck with their SD cards.  
5-5 07:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 07:28
I normally buy only SanDisk and other than 2 rare instances i've had great luck with their SD cards.

Thats been my usual brand too, but the last ones I got from DJI were Kingston and they so far dont seem any different.
5-5 22:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 22:33
Thats been my usual brand too, but the last ones I got from DJI were Kingston and they so far dont seem any different.

The last Kingston SD cards i bought were used in a dash cam and a security cam.  I had no issues with them whatsoever.  
5-6 03:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 03:03
The last Kingston SD cards i bought were used in a dash cam and a security cam.  I had no issues with them whatsoever.

I bought an extra one for the trail camera and it didnt like it,  but I formatted it differently and it uses it fine,  but it wont format the card so I have to manually delete the content when we swap the batteries,   I doubt thats the card though just the size it doesnt like.  
5-6 03:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:24
I bought an extra one for the trail camera and it didnt like it,  but I formatted it differently and it uses it fine,  but it wont format the card so I have to manually delete the content when we swap the batteries,   I doubt thats the card though just the size it doesnt like.

As long as you got it working that is what really counts.  I've been lucky to catch SanDisk cards on sale so I usually stock up on them at that time.  
5-6 13:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still a nice still!
5-15 20:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain