Where all of the anvils and heavy weights were ma...
1088 99 3-23 03:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 09:32
It's good to hear that some parents are instilling good values in their kids.  

This is my background.  I was raised, I didn’t just grow up.  I was taught to speak when I enter the room.  Say please and thank you, to have respect for my elders and to get off my lazy butt and let the elders in the room have my chair.  Say “yes sir” and “no sir”, lend a helping hand to those in need, hold the door for the person behind me and say “excuse me” when its needed.  I was also taught to treat people the way I want to be treated.

Your parents seem to have made a great job as well.
4-12 14:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-12 14:12
Your parents seem to have made a great job as well.

They did and I'm very grateful they did.  
4-13 04:10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 09:38
At least we agree on many things.

Yes, and I do think that in general, we can have differences on many opinions, yet have a mutual understanding and respect towards each other. Not everybody has to agree with me on everything, but I do hope things can be rationally discussed and people respect my opinions in the similar way I do respect theirs.
4-18 12:53
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-13 04:10
They did and I'm very grateful they did.

Their example and teachings can be priceless.

(Apologies for not being on the forums much lately, I've had a rough time moving out of my old apartment and trying to settle into the new one. But i will pop by here occasionally when I have the chance.)
4-18 12:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 12:53
Yes, and I do think that in general, we can have differences on many opinions, yet have a mutual understanding and respect towards each other. Not everybody has to agree with me on everything, but I do hope things can be rationally discussed and people respect my opinions in the similar way I do respect theirs.

A little reciprocity goes a long ways.  
4-19 06:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 12:54
Their example and teachings can be priceless.

(Apologies for not being on the forums much lately, I've had a rough time moving out of my old apartment and trying to settle into the new one. But i will pop by here occasionally when I have the chance.)

Indeed they were.  Glad to see you back on the forum as your time permits.  
4-19 06:16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 06:13
A little reciprocity goes a long ways.

It often indeed does.
4-26 13:42
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 06:16
Indeed they were.  Glad to see you back on the forum as your time permits.

Glad to be back as well. The move has been somewhat rough on me, but I think I'll manage. It has been a huge help to have so much support from others, both in practical things such as moving the furniture and other items, and on the mental side of things as well. Have been busy but attempt to pick up the pace as the rest of the move and my work permits.
4-26 13:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-26 13:42
It often indeed does.

So very true.  
4-26 13:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-26 13:44
Glad to be back as well. The move has been somewhat rough on me, but I think I'll manage. It has been a huge help to have so much support from others, both in practical things such as moving the furniture and other items, and on the mental side of things as well. Have been busy but attempt to pick up the pace as the rest of the move and my work permits.

I lost track of how many moves I made during my long military career but I do remember it was never fun or easy.  Hope everything gets back to "normal" for you soon.  
4-26 13:54
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 13:54
I lost track of how many moves I made during my long military career but I do remember it was never fun or easy.  Hope everything gets back to "normal" for you soon.

I guess things will settle down back again once I'm done organizing my new home. And I do have help at hand if needed, so I think I'll do.
4-26 13:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-26 13:59
I guess things will settle down back again once I'm done organizing my new home. And I do have help at hand if needed, so I think I'll do.

Good to hear.  I hope make progress in the organization over the weekend.  
4-27 05:38
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 05:38
Good to hear.  I hope make progress in the organization over the weekend.

I did get some cupboards and shelves here, will give me more space to store my items in. And one important step got ready today - I managed to fine-tune my 5.1 sound system into the optimal settings
4-29 13:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-29 13:07
I did get some cupboards and shelves here, will give me more space to store my items in. And one important step got ready today - I managed to fine-tune my 5.1 sound system into the optimal settings

Now that sounds like a big win.  
4-29 13:56
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 13:56
Now that sounds like a big win.

It sure is, did listen to it without tuning and it sounded weird with an echo and no proper bass voice from the subwoofer. But after using the amplifier's calibration mic and adjusting the settings, I got the sound the way it used to be and remembered how amazing the difference is between this setup and the plain TV speakers.
5-1 12:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-1 12:57
It sure is, did listen to it without tuning and it sounded weird with an echo and no proper bass voice from the subwoofer. But after using the amplifier's calibration mic and adjusting the settings, I got the sound the way it used to be and remembered how amazing the difference is between this setup and the plain TV speakers.

It's great that you had the time and knowledge to tune it to your satisfaction.  That's always a win.  
5-1 13:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 13:13
It's great that you had the time and knowledge to tune it to your satisfaction.  That's always a win.

Well, my "knowledge" was more about the automatics of the amplifier doing it's magic with the calibration mic and some wild guesses combined with the all-time-famous trial-and-error process
5-1 13:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-1 13:16
Well, my "knowledge" was more about the automatics of the amplifier doing it's magic with the calibration mic and some wild guesses combined with the all-time-famous trial-and-error process

I too have used the trial and error process.  
5-2 02:26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 02:26
I too have used the trial and error process.

That method applies to many, many things, just need to know where the "error" part of the process won't cause anything irreversible.
5-2 13:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-2 13:37
That method applies to many, many things, just need to know where the "error" part of the process won't cause anything irreversible.

Exactly right.  I'm more slow, steady and methodical than rush, rush, rush.  
5-2 13:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules