Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 11:04
Yeah, it seems to be something ongoing that we have developed (and invested) a lot into something that is no longer 'working' like we expect it to do.

There is always going to be the unknown that we have absolutely no control over.  We just have to make the best of it and carry on.  
5-6 13:56
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 13:56
There is always going to be the unknown that we have absolutely no control over.  We just have to make the best of it and carry on.

Exactly right.
5-6 23:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

On a different topic I had a great dive today.  I was only down about 15 meters and I found a really, really nice watch.  I also found a really ornate money clip (no money on it)  When I looked on the internet that watch retails for over $400.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a Rolex.  
5-7 14:08
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 14:08
On a different topic I had a great dive today.  I was only down about 15 meters and I found a really, really nice watch.  I also found a really ornate money clip (no money on it)  When I looked on the internet that watch retails for over $400.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a Rolex.

That sounds good!
I also had a very productive day today.
lots of things done in the living room.
If all goes to plan, I should be ready for painting Saturday.
5-9 10:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-9 10:42
That sounds good!
I also had a very productive day today.
lots of things done in the living room.

Nice.  Sounds like progress is steadily being made.  
5-9 13:02
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:02
Nice.  Sounds like progress is steadily being made.

Going for the last push now
5-9 13:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-9 13:17
Going for the last push now

I bet you are glad to be able to finally see the light at the end of the construction project for sure.  It's been a long haul Peter but one you can look back at for years and be proud of the great work you did.  
5-9 13:35
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:35
I bet you are glad to be able to finally see the light at the end of the construction project for sure.  It's been a long haul Peter but one you can look back at for years and be proud of the great work you did.

I'm very happy about that.
Next week we will have 4 days of walking with the kid in the evening, but after that, back at the jobsite
5-9 13:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-9 13:44
I'm very happy about that.
Next week we will have 4 days of walking with the kid in the evening, but after that, back at the jobsite

Definitely make the best of those 4 days for sure.  Family time is always the best time.  
5-9 13:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:51
Definitely make the best of those 4 days for sure.  Family time is always the best time.

Indeed. Love it.
5-9 23:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I've got two of the grandkids coming over this weekend and we are going to take out the jetskis for a little fun and then they want to go horseback riding.  Luckily, there is a place locally that offers horse riding by the hour, half day or whole day.  They just want to unwind and celebrate the end of the school year.  
5-10 02:42
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 02:42
I've got two of the grandkids coming over this weekend and we are going to take out the jetskis for a little fun and then they want to go horseback riding.  Luckily, there is a place locally that offers horse riding by the hour, half day or whole day.  They just want to unwind and celebrate the end of the school year.

Now that sounds like fun!
5-10 03:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-10 03:45
Now that sounds like fun!

I certainly hope so.  I thought when the lady at the horse stables told me the price for 3 horses for half a day was telling me the price to buy them and not rent them.    Just kidding, she made me a really sweet deal.  
5-10 13:45
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:45
I certainly hope so.  I thought when the lady at the horse stables told me the price for 3 horses for half a day was telling me the price to buy them and not rent them.    Just kidding, she made me a really sweet deal.

Hahahahahaha. Ooops.
5-12 04:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 04:54
Hahahahahaha. Ooops.

Seems the grandkids want to have a race while horseback riding.  They even went so far as to call the lady at the stables and see if she would give me the slowest horse available.  She called me and asked if I had blessed that and I got a good laugh.  I told her to reserve donkeys for them to ride.    These two are very competitive and I used to let them win but they complained about that so now it's no holds barred.  
5-12 05:33
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:33
Seems the grandkids want to have a race while horseback riding.  They even went so far as to call the lady at the stables and see if she would give me the slowest horse available.  She called me and asked if I had blessed that and I got a good laugh.  I told her to reserve donkeys for them to ride.    These two are very competitive and I used to let them win but they complained about that so now it's no holds barred.

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, competitive they can be.  
5-12 06:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 06:12
Hahahahahaha. Yeah, competitive they can be.

Tthey are definitely competitive.
5-12 06:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 06:23
Tthey are definitely competitive.

Just returned from my mother (mother's day here) and 3 nephews were very competitive (our son included)
5-12 06:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 06:25
Just returned from my mother (mother's day here) and 3 nephews were very competitive (our son included)

Good to hear.

Research suggests that boys are more competitive than girls. This gender difference appears in childhood, as evidenced by the playtime activities that girls and boys choose, and increases through puberty and adulthood.  So why are girls and women less competitive than boys and men? Past research has pointed to evolutionary pressures, the domestic roles that women have traditionally played and the patriarchal social order.  

Of course this is based on the average male and average female.  
5-12 09:05
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 09:05
Good to hear.

Research suggests that boys are more competitive than girls. This gender difference appears in childhood, as evidenced by the playtime activities that girls and boys choose, and increases through puberty and adulthood.  So why are girls and women less competitive than boys and men? Past research has pointed to evolutionary pressures, the domestic roles that women have traditionally played and the patriarchal social order.  

Yeah, and make sure you don't offend anybody.....
(not me)
5-12 09:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 09:07
Yeah, and make sure you don't offend anybody.....
(not me)

People do get their feeling hurt so easily these days.  Even trying to be politically correct you could hurt somebody's feelings.  
5-12 10:57
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 10:57
People do get their feeling hurt so easily these days.  Even trying to be politically correct you could hurt somebody's feelings.

Yeah, almost don't dare to speak sometimes.
5-12 11:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 11:36
Yeah, almost don't dare to speak sometimes.

I hear you on that.  Sometimes it is just better not to comment or say something to somebody.  
5-12 11:52
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:52
I hear you on that.  Sometimes it is just better not to comment or say something to somebody.

Fortunately I most of the time stay away from those times.
5-12 11:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules