New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
50790 345 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hT1FqgZxrmDH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385338 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-1 05:48
Could you please open the authority to all so that we can access the link?
Thanks.

sorry! everything is ready
5-1 06:24
Use props
Sergio Pai
New
Flight distance : 52680 ft
Italy

Perché fate spegnere le luci attivando la registrazione nel mini 4 pro? In questo modo rendete impossibile la registrazione notturna, modalità inserita in questo drone. Vi chiedo di far mantenere le luci accese in registrazione senza dover cambiare di classe o di dover cambiare tipo di drone per poter fare filmati meravigliosi in ambiente notturno. Spero in un vostro positivo riscontro e anticipatamente ringrazio. Sergio Paini
5-1 13:30
Use props
djiuser_hT1FqgZxrmDH
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-1 05:48
Could you please open the authority to all so that we can access the link?
Thanks.

Hello! In this group, many people share the same problem as mine, and everyone says it appeared after the update from April 11, 2024! They have tried various cards, but the problem persists.
IMG_6109.png
5-1 22:14
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 4-23 01:49
The lack of non-communication from officials regarding the FIRMWARE of the drone is astonishing.
Its not like we are discussing ND filters or whatever third-party stuff.
Meh, guess the software developers moved on to coding firmware for the power stations, the new Avata or whatever new is in.I guess the power stations need real coding, unlike the newest and most commercial small drone there is.

Copy and paste
5-2 05:51
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_hT1FqgZxrmDH Posted at 5-1 06:24
sorry! everything is ready

Thanks. I just checked the video. Did you try it outside?
Please test it in an open field without obstructions.
If the issue persists, please tell us the firmware version of the aircraft and controller.
Also, please export the logs of the aircraft and remember the time and date when the issue occurred.
You can extract the latest logs after you test outside.
5-2 05:59
Use props
Adr.Pettrov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-2 05:59
If the issue persists, please tell us the firmware version of the aircraft and controller.
The aircraft has been tested multiple times in various terrains. The controller and the aircraft have been updated to the latest versions through DJI Assistant 2. Tomorrow, I will conduct a new test and upload the registration files to the drive.
5-2 07:30
Use props
Adr.Pettrov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-2 05:59
Hello! I made the videos between 19:00 and 19:30. I believe I have uploaded all the necessary files to the cloud. If you need anything else, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XjcmF6qXQfIDfqE6zcVhMn1VvgIPfarY?usp=sharing
5-2 10:01
Use props
djiuser_Lu6uPmgMTo5K
New
Slovakia

I would like to ask if DJI plans to add possibility to SAVE settings in RC controller.
Cause when I play with settings and would like to go back to previous setup it is hardly possible.
Would help a LOT ;)
5-2 11:24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Adr.Pettrov Posted at 5-2 10:01
Hello! I made the videos between 19:00 and 19:30. I believe I have uploaded all the necessary files to the cloud. If you need anything else, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XjcmF6qXQfIDfqE6zcVhMn1VvgIPfarY?usp=sharing

Thanks for your reply.
We have escalated the issue to our engineers for analysis.
We will update you here if we have any results.
5-3 05:01
Use props
djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244163 ft
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-3 05:01
Thanks for your reply.
We have escalated the issue to our engineers for analysis.
We will update you here if we have any results.

Would be great. I have the same problem and when the screen freezes, the aircraft is not responding for controls in the moment when freezing
5-3 20:47
Use props
fans1c775817
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68694 ft
Brazil

Hi,

I just updated my Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.0500 but now it loses signal every few seconds, regardless of the location, side by side with the RC.

My RC2 firmware version is v02.02.0000 with Fly app v1.13.0(1120-dpad).

Fly assistant 2 shows both as the last version.

Is it possible to revert to the previous firmware?

Here is a screen recording showing the RC signal interference and also, sensor failure in a room with good light conditions:
https:  //1drv.ms/v/s!Akir4hWP_IYBgb1BmF5_uVh5vXvz_g?e=wlRkLV

5-4 07:05
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Adr.Pettrov Posted at 5-2 10:01

Update:
Our engineers did notice the abnormalities in the video. However, we can not determine whether it is caused by the app or the aircraft. Can we have your APP Logs i the DJI RC 2 so that we can find the root cause?
How to Find the Built-in DJI Fly App log
Power on the DJI RC 2, connect DJI RC 2 to the computer with the Type-C data cable, select DJI RC 2 on the computer and follow the path to find the APP log and export it: internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG
5-5 01:36
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Lu6uPmgMTo5K Posted at 5-2 11:24
I would like to ask if DJI plans to add possibility to SAVE settings in RC controller.
Cause when I play with settings and would like to go back to previous setup it is hardly possible.
Would help a LOT ;)

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean the Pro settings in the video/picture mode?
If so, we will forward your voices to our engineers for evaluation.  
5-5 02:19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8 Posted at 5-3 20:47
Would be great. I have the same problem and when the screen freezes, the aircraft is not responding for controls in the moment when freezing

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we confirm that your issue also occurred in the Hyperlapse mode only?
5-5 02:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans1c775817 Posted at 5-4 07:05
Hi,

I just updated my Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.0500 but now it loses signal every few seconds, regardless of the location, side by side with the RC.

Hello, there. We checked your video.
About the issue you feedback, please refresh the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller.
Then go outside and test the connection again.
Please move to a place without obstructions and signal interference.
Also, please test it in daylight. The Vision System does not sense the light the way humans do.
If the issue persists, please record the video for us. (Remember to show us the firmware version in the APP).
5-5 02:28
Use props
djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-5 02:20
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we confirm that your issue also occurred in the Hyperlapse mode only?

Yes, only in hyperlapse but in all modes!
5-5 04:24
Use props
Adr.Pettrov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-5 01:36
Update:
Our engineers did notice the abnormalities in the video. However, we can not determine whether it is caused by the app or the aircraft. Can we have your APP Logs i the DJI RC 2 so that we can find the root cause?
How to Find the Built-in DJI Fly App log

This is all the files folder from DJI RC 2
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1473vaCF-Bpct65vszwWmzPeIUhmXaSXM?usp=sharing
5-5 08:42
Use props
fans1c775817
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-5 02:28
Hello, there. We checked your video.
About the issue you feedback, please refresh the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller.
Then go outside and test the connection again.

Hi.

Yesterday I did all the refresh procedure to both drone and RC, via USB cable using the PC. Also reset RC and cleared drone data.

Today:
First flight outdoors away in a clear environment went well almost all time. Almost 1500m far and almost 500m high. However, when returning home, close to the RC it had signal failure again and right at end even lost connection.
https: //1drv.ms/v/s!Akir4hWP_IYBgb1LBNNILfA9COsBpQ?e=uDmcJj

Then I replaced the battery and flew a little more.
In the second video a flew more close to me and there were some signal interferences here and there, but there is nothing not even close to cause that.
https: //1drv.ms/v/s!Akir4hWP_IYBgb1Nu0TrMzGfhe52NQ?e=ljejaZ

In the third video you can see how often the RC loses connection and image just sitting right to the drone, some interferences and after the minute 2 it starts losing image:
https:  //1drv.ms/v/s!Akir4hWP_IYBgb1KwTSOQa5WvCYzRw?e=YV7Ekw

And the fourth just to show the firmware versions that I forgot. Also, again losing completely the signal:
https: //1drv.ms/v/s!Akir4hWP_IYBgb1MjkcdkWVDZkTYaw?e=WxffMb

The drone is almost new but I already did a lot of flights just outside my house. This had never happened. Suddenly, right after the firmware update, this starts to happen.

Hope you can help me.
In case you need any logs, please show me how to get them.

Best Regards,
Guilherme

5-5 10:53
Use props
Louis CHARTOIRE
New
Flight distance : 417464 ft
France

Mini 4 updated, but for some reasons, hyperlaspe does not work anymore with this firmware...
5-5 12:46
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Adr.Pettrov Posted at 5-5 08:42
This is all the files folder from DJI RC 2
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1473vaCF-Bpct65vszwWmzPeIUhmXaSXM?usp=sharing

Thank you. We escalated it to our engineers.
5-5 23:47
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8 Posted at 5-5 04:24
Yes, only in hyperlapse but in all modes!

If it only happens in Hyperlapse mode, we have escalated the data provided by Adr.Petteov and waiting for the analysis result. We suggest you wait for the update as well.
If your issue not only occurs in Hyperlapse, it may be caused by other factors and we suggest you check the connection and signal interference around.
Please move to an open place without signal interference and obstructions to test again.
Refresh the firmware of the aircraft and the controller to try again.
Also, record a video for us if the issue persists.
5-5 23:55
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans1c775817 Posted at 5-5 10:53
Hi.

Yesterday I did all the refresh procedure to both drone and RC, via USB cable using the PC. Also reset RC and cleared drone data.

Hi, we checked your videos.
According to your added descriptions and the error messages that appeared in the videos.
We assume that the lost connection may be caused by the DJI RC 2.
1. Please adjust the antenna of the DJI RC 2 to get the optimal transmission zone.
Refer to P.14 in the User Manual:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
2. Move with the DJI RC to avoid interference surrounding.
3. Check whether the antenna of DJI RC 2 is broken.
5-6 00:30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Louis CHARTOIRE Posted at 5-5 12:46
Mini 4 updated, but for some reasons, hyperlaspe does not work anymore with this firmware...

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can we have a full explanation about " hyperlapse does not work anymore"?
5-6 00:31
Use props
djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2648 ft
France

absolutely catastrophic for me on my mini 4 pro. since the firmware update i have no image coming from the drone and support is unable to give me a solution to downgrade to previous version 01.00.0400.all information comes from the drone EXCEPT the image in camera view on my Android tablet which worked perrfectly with the drone before the firmware update.
i can no more use the drone.
black screen.jpg
5-6 03:54
Use props
djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 00:31
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can we have a full explanation about " hyperlapse does not work anymore"?

This should be the same that I have reported. All hyperlapse modes do not work and pictures are not saved on the SD Card when the red clock on the right side is running. Two turns clockwise of the red circle in the RC, then the remote is freezing. The Drone does not take any commands when freezed.
This is an absolutely unsatisfactory state of affairs! As drone pilots, we are obliged to have up-to-date firmware on our devices and after every update there is a surprise! We've all put a lot of money into our drones, but the software is a risk every time. Who gives us the certainty that the drones are suitable for aviation at all?
5-6 07:00
Use props
fans1c775817
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 00:30
Hi, we checked your videos.
According to your added descriptions and the error messages that appeared in the videos.
We assume that the lost connection may be caused by the DJI RC 2.

Hi,

I appreciate your effort.

As the described issue did not happen before the firmware update, the antenna position item does not makes sense. The issue occurs even a few centimeters away from the drone. Also, there was no damage to the controller nor the antennas.

What DID I do: Before updating the drone, i installed a glass screen protector on the RC. I also installed a strap with two screws at the bottom of the controller. I already removed the strap thinking that the metal parts would be interfering, but did not resolve. It seems impossible, but any chance that the screen protector affects the radio?

Besides that, my only hope is a new firmware or a way to install back the old version. Now I have a thousand euros drone that I can not trust to fly.

Would not be any relevant info on the flight logs to help to understand what kind of interference is happening. Maybe to find a pattern or something like that.

Best Regards,
Guilherme
5-6 09:19
Use props
djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs
lvl.2
France

_SoP_ Posted at 4-21 04:10
It seems we now need to be very careful before applying an update, following the principle "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"... I first read information provided by DJI, then try to find additional information in this forum, and finally wait until one of the drone "masters" created a video on youtube.... and only if requried and proven reliable, I start updating.
i agree. if you do not need New functionality DON'T. upgrade. my mini 4 pro is out of order with a black screen in camera view mode and there is no roll back possible. it is a shame.
5-6 09:32
Use props
djiuser_aOj8RPua0XzC
lvl.2
Poland

harweyko Posted at 4-15 08:00
Had the same problem, cleared the cache and now it boots fast again. Check it via Profile - Settings - Storage - RC internal storage section - Clear app cache.
Deleted more than 1.1GB of temp data that left after update. All the settings remained, just offline maps were deleted too, so these needed new download.

Hi

In my case problem disappered after clear cache. Now RC2 startup time is fast as was before firmware update and no black screen in camera preview ( before must wait about 15 second for preview )

Thanks!
5-6 12:01
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_bX2LjjeMubZ8 Posted at 5-6 07:00
This should be the same that I have reported. All hyperlapse modes do not work and pictures are not saved on the SD Card when the red clock on the right side is running. Two turns clockwise of the red circle in the RC, then the remote is freezing. The Drone does not take any commands when freezed.
This is an absolutely unsatisfactory state of affairs! As drone pilots, we are obliged to have up-to-date firmware on our devices and after every update there is a surprise! We've all put a lot of money into our drones, but the software is a risk every time. Who gives us the certainty that the drones are suitable for aviation at all?

Got it. We have forwarded all the data requested to our engineers.
If there are any updates, we will update here.
5-6 19:16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans1c775817 Posted at 5-6 09:19
Hi,

I appreciate your effort.

If you prefer to analyze the issue, we would like to collect some data from you.
Please share with us the Logs in the DJI RC 2 and aircraft.
Also, we need the correct time and data when the issue occurred.
5-6 19:30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs Posted at 5-6 03:54
absolutely catastrophic for me on my mini 4 pro. since the firmware update i have no image coming from the drone and support is unable to give me a solution to downgrade to previous version 01.00.0400.all information comes from the drone EXCEPT the image in camera view on my Android tablet which worked perrfectly with the drone before the firmware update.
i can no more use the drone.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have a spare mobile device?
Did you try it on the other devices? Will it work normally?
5-6 19:36
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2034806 ft
Estonia

Another thread to hyperlapse problem with new firmware https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=311809
5-7 03:03
Use props
fans1c775817
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 19:30
If you prefer to analyze the issue, we would like to collect some data from you.

Would you be so kind as to teach me how to access (file path) those log files?

5-7 04:20
Use props
Adr.Pettrov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-5 23:47
Thank you. We escalated it to our engineers.

Hello! I want to share that two of my friends are experiencing the same issue with hyperlapse, but they claim that the problem occurred after unlocking it at a height of 500 meters. As I reflect, before unlocking it, I didn't have any issues, and everything was working fine. However, after I unlocked it in the late afternoon and decided to shoot over the city in the evening, I noticed that the hyperlapse function wasn't working. Hopefully, this information helps in some way.
5-7 10:41
Use props
djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs
lvl.2
France

fans1c775817 Posted at 5-4 07:05
Hi,

unfortunately french DJI support told me that it is "impossible" to roll back and reinstall the previous firmware. i am also in another deadend an can not use the drone with my tablet
5-7 14:05
Use props
djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs
lvl.2
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 19:36
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have a spare mobile device?
Did you try it on the other devices? Will it work normally?

hello the tablet was working perfectly with the firmware 01.00.0400 and my Android version is largely over Android v7 which is required.all have been done to refresh firmware, clear cache, etc... a test on another mobile device reveals that the camera is working correctly. so the only différence between a tablet+software+drone combinaison working or not working is the firmware. as it does not work i need to downgrade to the previous version.
so far nobody told me how to do that.it seems impossible.

when i see all the incident reported it should be the minimum feature proposed to customer. many drone pilots use it for business and will face client with a drone that can not delivrer prestation ordered. there is kind of a little problem isn't it? we are not beta tester of firmware delivered. besr regards.
5-7 14:26
Use props
fans1c775817
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 19:30

Hi,

Could you please show me how to access and share those logs?

I also remembered that in the same day I updated the firmware (last saturday), the RC asked me for calibration for the first time, it has never asked me before. Is there a chance it has something to do with the radio interferences? Is there a way to hard reset the controller so it forgets the calibration?

Best Regards,
Guilherme
5-8 05:34
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 976539 ft
Netherlands

Dear DJI,

Please re-enable the possibility to use aftermarket batteries as these will no longer work since the 0500 update. What were you thinking?
5-8 15:03
Use props
djiuser_0etUMSF3u4Hs
lvl.2
France

wynquest9206 Posted at 2023-12-23 11:33
I find updating the firmware to be quite the ordeal, I've tried 5 times already and it keeps failing.  First tried via the RC2 controller, then via cable, batteries full, just keeps failing - not sure why it's so difficult to update the firmware each time, there must be a better way.

may be this could help you https://youtu.be/hFxvgk37P3E?feature=shared
But if you do not need specific features of the firmware , don't upgrade as support propose no solution to roll back in case of problem . I am in a deadlock with black screen and no solution to go back to a working configuration. Impossible to downgrade to previous firmware.
5-9 04:50
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542323 ft
Netherlands

Fixed/blocks the use of non DJI batteries.
Remember to dispose them the proper way for recycling.
5-9 05:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules