Virtual flight app
438 5 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisbealby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89 ft
United Kingdom

I have a new Avata drone with motion controller and cannot get the Goggles 2 to work with the virtual Flight App ?
Any ideas please ?
Thank you
2022-9-3
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Yes, here you go:
1. Power the googles
2. Once DJI app starts select on left menu > more > Virtual Flight
3. Start Virtual Flight app on your device
4. Connect USB between  Goggles > your device running Virtual Flight
5. Select in app middle option (your device+goggles+motion controller)
6. Press next and wait that it ask to connect motion controller, then start it.
7. Follow next instructions and Fly
Cheers.

They should fix the tutorial in virtual flight app !!
2022-9-3
Use props
chrisbealby
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you but there is no Virtual flight Option in > More...?
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chrisbealby. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Virtual Flight application to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2022-9-3
Use props
chrisbealby
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you, I have updated the firmware on the goggles and it is now working fine
2022-9-3
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is anyone else having problems with the "Mode" button on the DJI Motion Controller when using the DJI Virtual Flight app on a mobile device? (I used an iPhone 8)

During the tutorial all of the DJI Motion Controller buttons work except the "Mode" button which means I cannot proceed past that tutorial step. The controller beeps when I press the "Mode" button so the button does work but the mobile app does not see that it has been pressed.

Because of this issue, I skipped the rest of the tutorial and tried flying which works great except the "Mode" button did not work. This means you cannot press it to switch to S mode so you are stuck in N mode. Also you cannot hold it to reset the course as the on screen instructions indicate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the instructions above were a bit unclear so I re-wrote them below:
Do the following:
  • Make sure the DJI Avata drone is not powered on!
  • Download and install the DJI Virtual Flight app on your iPhone (ensure you use v1.4.1 or above from the App Store). Be aware that in the DJI Virtual Flight app in the "Update Notice" section it mentions 1.3.2 instead of 1.4.1 for some reason. The 1.4.1 version is very important as it fixes an issue with the iPhone when using the DJI Goggles 2. If you have an old version try and update it or fully uninstall it then re-install it from the App Store.
  • Power on the DJI Goggles 2.
  • On the goggles swipe left and go to "More" then choose the "DJI Virtual Flight" option. If this option is not available then do a firmware upgrade on your goggles as you need "V01.01.0000" (2022-08-23) for the option to be available and work.
  • Start the DJI Virtual Flight app on your iPhone (I used an iPhone 8).
  • Tap the "Ready to Go" yellow button on the screen.
  • Tap the middle choice: "Motion Controller" = "Mobile Device" + "Goggles V2" + "Motion Controller". Don't worry that it does not say "Goggles 2" and says "Goggles V2" as it still works.
  • Tap the "Confirm" white button on the screen.
  • Again, make sure the DJI Avata drone is not powered on then tap on the "Next" button.
  • Insert the USB-C plug to USB-A socket "OTG Cable" into the DJI Goggles 2.
  • Use a normal Apple USB-A to Lightning cable to connect to the iPhone.
  • Look in the goggles and your phone display will now be showing in the goggles.
  • Tap the "Next" button on your iPhone.
  • Turn on the DJI Motion Controller when prompted and it should be detected.
  • Now it should all work as expected!

Any issues or questions please post.
2022-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules