Battery update?
4054 6 2022-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
celltx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

Totally undocumented, the recent Avata updates also update the drone battery. If you have several batteries, the one that is inside during the update process, works OK. But my other batteries ask for update before allowing to start the propeller.
Does anybody know what exactly is updated inside the battery? DJI announcement don't even mention the battery firmware versions, let alone new features or fixed bugs in it.
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, celltx. The battery firmware will be upgraded when the aircraft firmware is upgraded. If there is more than one battery, upgrade them separately with the aircraft. Please go to DJI Avata Release Notes to see the information about the recent update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-10
Use props
celltx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

I went to the release note and was unable to find anything about the battery firmware. Could you point me to the exact place in the release notes?
2022-12-10
Use props
LuckyBastd
New
Flight distance : 77336 ft
United States

The battery update doesn't work. Terrible process. Should just be usb port on battery
3-6 05:45
Use props
FreneticFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 706936 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-10 04:12
Hi, celltx. The battery firmware will be upgraded when the aircraft firmware is upgraded. If there is more than one battery, upgrade them separately with the aircraft. Please go to DJI Avata Release Notes to see the information about the recent update. Thank you for your kind understanding.

What is the process for my additional Avata 2 batteries? Also, how do I know when the update is complete, and that it was successful?
Thank you.
6-4 11:44
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

When you update the firmware on Avata, it automatically updates the firmware on the attached battery as well if there is one.
Then, when you attach the other batteries, the firmware on them also get updated automatically. You don't need to run through the update again, it kinda stores the battery firmware in some cache memory.

If you install quite an old firmware battery, an error message will pop saying "inconsistent battery firmware" then you may need to run the update again.
If you are not getting any error or warning message about the batteries, it usually means they are updated to the latest firmware automatically
6-6 08:41
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 6-6 08:41
When you update the firmware on Avata, it automatically updates the firmware on the attached battery as well if there is one.
Then, when you attach the other batteries, the firmware on them also get updated automatically. You don't need to run through the update again, it kinda stores the battery firmware in some cache memory.

6-10 12:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules