Calibration Stuck On Tutorial
2486 15 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SFAvataQuestion
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
Attempting to calibrate the sensors on our Avata.  I have downloaded and installed the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 Consumer.  I am able to get to the aircraft in DJI Assistant and select calibration.  The tutorial goes through the 4 slides but gets stuck on the 4th slide. The "Calibrate Now" button is grayed out and has a spinning circle next to it.

I have tried 3 different computers.  Windows 10 and Windows 11.  I have tried multiple different cables including the cables that came with the aircraft.  Nothing seems to work.  I have tried on my work computers and my home computers so different networks and full admin rights.  Spent a couple hours and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

2023-3-20
Use props
SFAvataQuestion
lvl.1

United States

2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to calibrate the said DJI drone using a monitor display of 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Please set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. ( Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-20
Use props
SFAvataQuestion
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to calibrate the said DJI drone using a monitor display of 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Please set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. ( Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.  On the different computers I tried yesterday they had a 24 inch monitor, a 27 inch monitor, a 32 inch monitor.  None of them were set higher than 1920x1080.  I have since tried a 17 inch laptop and again had the same thing happen.  Stuck on slide 4 of the tutorial.

2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SFAvataQuestion Posted at 3-21 05:32
Thank you for the reply.  On the different computers I tried yesterday they had a 24 inch monitor, a 27 inch monitor, a 32 inch monitor.  None of them were set higher than 1920x1080.  I have since tried a 17 inch laptop and again had the same thing happen.  Stuck on slide 4 of the tutorial.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. May I please ask if the unit experience a hard landing before? Also, can you please provide us a video recording showing the issue during calibration on your DJI Avata so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
KimB
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Hi,  I am trying to calibrate the visual sensors on my Mavic Air and the tutorial is stuck in the same place.  It just spools before starting the calibration.  After 2 minutes it asks to have the drone rebooted and then starts spooling again.  My 17" monitor was set to 1366x768.  Here is the screen capture video that you requested above.  https://we.tl/t-xQzEzxYth4  What do I do?  
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KimB Posted at 10-11 09:58
Hi,  I am trying to calibrate the visual sensors on my Mavic Air and the tutorial is stuck in the same place.  It just spools before starting the calibration.  After 2 minutes it asks to have the drone rebooted and then starts spooling again.  My 17" monitor was set to 1366x768.  Here is the screen capture video that you requested above.  https://we.tl/t-xQzEzxYth4  What do I do?

Hi, KimB. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft until it is clean. Make sure to set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system. Also, check if your DJI Assistant 2 is compatible with your drone and at the latest version. You can download it here: [url]https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-air[/url] and then reconnect your aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 for calibration. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-10-17
Use props
KimB
lvl.1

Costa Rica

DJI Tony Posted at 10-17 03:44
Hi, KimB. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft until it is clean. Make sure to set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system. Also, check if your DJI Assistant 2 is compatible with your drone and at the latest version. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-air[/url] and then reconnect your aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 for calibration. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.

Thank you for your help.  I ended up re-installing the DJI assistant 2 on my computer and it worked fine this time.  
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KimB Posted at 10-23 03:55
Thank you for your help.  I ended up re-installing the DJI assistant 2 on my computer and it worked fine this time.

Perfect. It's my pleasure to help.  I'm glad to know it worked. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-23
Use props
oOBLAKESOo
New

United Kingdom

This software is awful guys, the amount of messing about an no success is a huge programming fail on DJIs part. Can the software not detect and recommend a resolution? Jeez I tried everything then it comes up and says cannot detect screen size after following the instructions.
4-5 12:31
Use props
SnoWake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1966316 ft

United States

I'm experiencing the same problem when attempting to calibrate my Avata.  I'm on MacOS Sonoma (14.4.1) and get to the final page of the tutorial and then it just hangs, as shown above.  Realized there was a slightly newer version of DJI Assistant 2 (v2.1.21 - upgraded from .18) which I installed to no effect.

Curiously, the first time I attempted it today - after being prompted for the monitor size (a 32" 4K LG) I saw the dots - but subsequent attempts now just hang at the final step of the tutorial (even after checking "Don't show these steps").  I tried refreshing the firmware in the Avata (no change), rebooting the machine, using different USB ports and cables - all with the same result.

Off to try a laptop to see if another computer has any impact.  Welcome any #ProTips or guidance!

For awareness - I'm attempting this calibration activity based on an OSD warning "Vision System Calibration Error" sometimes seen during flight.
4-11 14:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

oOBLAKESOo Posted at 4-5 12:31
This software is awful guys, the amount of messing about an no success is a huge programming fail on DJIs part. Can the software not detect and recommend a resolution? Jeez I tried everything then it comes up and says cannot detect screen size after following the instructions.

Hello, Blakes. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can proceed with the troubleshooting steps. If you received a "Cannot detect screen size" prompt after launching the software, please select or manually input the size then try again to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
4-12 02:58
Use props
billintheair2721
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3168635 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-12 02:58
Hello, Blakes. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can proceed with the troubleshooting steps. If you received a "Cannot detect screen size" prompt after launching the software, please select or manually input the size then try again to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.

I have completed all the steps in this thread for my software, and still same results as above.
4-21 16:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

billintheair2721 Posted at 4-21 16:13
I have completed all the steps in this thread for my software, and still same results as above.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask what specific DJI product you are trying to perform the vision calibration? Did you experience an error message on the unit, if yes please take a screenshot and send it to us for further investigation. You may also try to use a different computer to test the software to run the calibration. Please keep us posted.
4-22 00:40
Use props
djiuser_I2co91mox3ap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16447 ft
United Kingdom

I'm trying to do the same and the software freezes continually on the 4th calibration screen also.  I have reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software but still no luck trying to calibrate my FPV.  This really is not good enough as a product.  DJI, please provide a solution asap.
5-9 03:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_I2co91mox3ap Posted at 5-9 03:42
I'm trying to do the same and the software freezes continually on the 4th calibration screen also.  I have reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software but still no luck trying to calibrate my FPV.  This really is not good enough as a product.  DJI, please provide a solution asap.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are using the DJI FPV drone or DJI Avata, please make sure to download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone version or click the link below. If the issue persists after reinstalling the correct version, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
5-10 00:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules