Gimbal noise + vibration
700 2 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Massa2908
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi!

I stopped flying my Mavic Mini 2 for a few months, and I just recently took it for a flight again. Before I flew it, I did an update. As soon as I started the flight, I noticed a hardcore wobble in the video. When I brought it down, I also noticed the sound the gimbal produces. I cannot confirm if the noise was there prior to the update. Here is the video with both the audible noise and a sample of flight footage:

https://youtu.be/_H83YQM3ILI

Few things to keep in mind:
  • There is no error message in the DJI Fly app
  • I did a few gimbal calibrations
  • Drone has never been crashed
  • It has the latest firmware update
  • Sound and vibrations stop when flying backwards, meaning camera is tilted forward

Any help or insights will be much apreciated!

2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Massa2908. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please follow the steps below:

1. Check whether the gimbal knob has been removed when recording the video.
2. Check whether the aircraft is in S-mode (Sport). In this mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If you desire a higher view stabilization, we recommend recording a video in P-mode or in Tripod mode (Cine mode).
3. Check whether the aircraft EXP value has been adjusted. The higher the EXP value, the faster the aircraft speed. If the EXP value has been adjusted, go to [Advanced Settings] - [Reset Gain & Expo Tuning] to restore the EXP value.
4. What is wind velocity? Was it too strong in the field environment? If the wind velocity is too strong, the aircraft will vibrate.
5. Try to calibrate the aircraft gimbal.
2023-7-15
Use props
Ruso
New

Spain

Hi, i'm in your case, the same noise in the gimbal and vibration in the image videos. Fly with no strong wind, in normal mode (no sport), and EXP by default. How it fix? thanks
5-13 04:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules