Will 2.7K recording be available at any point on Air 3?
905 16 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PkfUGcTjIDS5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1910938 ft
Colombia

I'm not sure why 2.7K video recording is unavailable on my Air 3, I had it on my Air 2.

For me, 4K is too much, the videos are very heavy and hard to work with, and I don't need it.
On the other hand, 1080p is slightly too low.

2.7K is my sweet spot. It looks great, is easier to edit, and doesn't consume as much space as 4K.

Is this a software issue that just needs an update, or is it a hardware issue that will never be available?

I would love to have the 2.7K video recording option in the Air 3.

2023-8-15
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

This is 2023. 4k is the norm now. 8k is coming. 2k and 1080 is old school. Sure it takes up more space but sd cards now are so cheap. If storage still a problem idk. Cause a 256 gb sd card is like $20. I'm sure dji can add 2k by software. They probably just thunk its not necessary since majority of folks is now recording in 4k. Air 3 can record 2k in vertical. If you want 2k, just record in vertical.
2023-8-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-15 21:40
This is 2023. 4k is the norm now. 8k is coming. 2k and 1080 is old school. Sure it takes up more space but sd cards now are so cheap. If storage still a problem idk. Cause a 256 gb sd card is like $20. I'm sure dji can add 2k by software. They probably just thunk its not necessary since majority of folks is now recording in 4k. Air 3 can record 2k in vertical. If you want 2k, just record in vertical.

Some people can not afford to change their viewing equipment to keep up with ever increasing resolutions.
For various reasons I use a computer that struggles to run even 2.7k, primarily I like the computer and it works for me.

Thunk?? ''thought'' might be better.

2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_PkfUGcTjIDS5. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, you can use 2.7K with Vertical shooting on DJI Air 3 drone but we'll take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-8-16
Use props
Sensei_FPV
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 07:59
Hi, djiuser_PkfUGcTjIDS5. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, you can use 2.7K with Vertical shooting on DJI Air 3 drone but we'll take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your continued support.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The existing 2.7K is for vertical shooting as you stated, so it's not really relevant.
I believe 2.7K is pretty basic feature.

Is that a software thing that could be just updated in the future?

2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-16 04:02
Some people can not afford to change their viewing equipment to keep up with ever increasing resolutions.
For various reasons I use a computer that struggles to run even 2.7k, primarily I like the computer and it works for me.

Most smart phone these days can run 4k no problem. I have a Samsung s22 ultra that can even do 8k. If someone have a computer that struggles to run 4k videos. Maybe its time to upgrade? Cause if you can afford a thousand dollars drone. Im sure you can buy a $500 gaming pc that can easily run 4k videos. Im surprised people still using pc from like 10 years ago. Its time to upgrade folks. This is 2023.
2023-8-16
Use props
Sensei_FPV
lvl.1
Colombia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-16 12:13
Most smart phone these days can run 4k no problem. I have a Samsung s22 ultra that can even do 8k. If someone have a computer that struggles to run 4k videos. Maybe its time to upgrade? Cause if you can afford a thousand dollars drone. Im sure you can buy a $500 gaming pc that can easily run 4k videos. Im surprised people still using pc from like 10 years ago. Its time to upgrade folks. This is 2023.

Based on that logic, we should eliminate the 1080p option also?

Even my iPhone 14 pro struggles to run 4K videos in it's photos library and reduces the frame rate.

4K is not ideal for many applications, no need to get into peoples' pockets, and it's not relevant for that discussion.
2023-8-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-16 12:13

Your are as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.
Similarily I am quite satisfied with what I have and see no need to change it.
Thanks for telling me it is 2023, I didn't realise.

2023-8-16
Use props
marc mendoza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203035 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also would love a 2k landscape option.
I keep hoping it magically appears whenever I update.
5-11 03:47
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2733720 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Well, I would use for sure a 21:9 resolution for example at UW screens )))

Your computer is not supporting 4K? My kid computer is 7 years old and play 4K without issues....how old is yours?
Try POT PLAYER if you have Windows computer...also need 16Gb RAM and a video card from NVIDIA for hardware decoding...A GTX Nvidia is very cheap now, you do not need to change all things for this
5-13 23:38
Use props
FlyWithJudy
lvl.1

Poland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-13 23:38
Well, I would use for sure a 21:9 resolution for example at UW screens )))

Your computer is not supporting 4K? My kid computer is 7 years old and play 4K without issues....how old is yours?

The issue for me is editing those 4k clips. I can't say that I have a bad PC but making travel video with color grade and very basic effects is pain in the butt at this point. Loading dynamic preview takes a lot of time and pre-rendering each sequence is annoying for me. Never had those issues with 2.7K footage from my Mini 2 and now with Air 3 it's just double the work time.
5-16 10:01
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

FlyWithJudy Posted at 5-16 10:01
The issue for me is editing those 4k clips. I can't say that I have a bad PC but making travel video with color grade and very basic effects is pain in the butt at this point. Loading dynamic preview takes a lot of time and pre-rendering each sequence is annoying for me. Never had those issues with 2.7K footage from my Mini 2 and now with Air 3 it's just double the work time.

My friend, please tell me your computer configuration...I work in editing for a long time, also in computer hardware as I have a computer science graduation.
Will see if I can help you with an advice, as basic colorization and editing in 4K should work on any PC, even 6 years old ones, as long as you have a GPU that can process it.
Also depends on what you use, Filmora, CapCut, Premiere, Resolve....each one is using different things, for example Filmora, Capcut and Resolve last versions use Nvidia GPU and no need for CPU more than Intel I3....Premiere use more CPU than GPU, even in last version is not optimized for GPU only...

Of course, if you want a denoise, a Optical Flow with Warp, transitions 32 instead of 16, will kill your CPU also...but i think is not the case here.

Ask and will try to solve for 4K editing.
5-16 23:00
Use props
FlyWithJudy
lvl.1

Poland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-16 23:00
My friend, please tell me your computer configuration...I work in editing for a long time, also in computer hardware as I have a computer science graduation.
Will see if I can help you with an advice, as basic colorization and editing in 4K should work on any PC, even 6 years old ones, as long as you have a GPU that can process it.
Also depends on what you use, Filmora, CapCut, Premiere, Resolve....each one is using different things, for example Filmora, Capcut and Resolve last versions use Nvidia GPU and no need for CPU more than Intel I3....Premiere use more CPU than GPU, even in last version is not optimized for GPU only...

Hi thanks for the answer! My PC configuration is:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GTX 1660 SUPER
32GB RAM

as for the software I'm currently using Vegas Pro 20 ( I have used Premiere in the past but it felt even worse)
5-19 05:23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Davinci Resolve
5-19 18:38
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

FlyWithJudy Posted at 5-19 05:23
Hi thanks for the answer! My PC configuration is:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GTX 1660 SUPER

Hi

Your configuration should work in 4K without issues at basic editing like colorization, edit, and so on.
1. If you do not have a SSD drive, take one and use it for cache and storage the video source.
2. Check if Vegas supports GPU CUDA, but if is struggling at 4k simple edits, probably is not optimized for CUDA...I do not use Vegas, only Adobe and Davinci...I advice you to move to Davinci as they have implemented GPU support from a long time...the FREE version is perfect for home works, but be advised that is not supporting 10bit LOG and denoise either....

Cheers.
5-19 22:17
Use props
FlyWithJudy
lvl.1

Poland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-19 22:17
Hi

Your configuration should work in 4K without issues at basic editing like colorization, edit, and so on.

I did try Davinci but it would immediately crash after opening so I gave up.

I was digging a bit yesterday and creating proxy files helped me with speed of the preview  
5-20 01:51
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

FlyWithJudy Posted at 5-20 01:51
I did try Davinci but it would immediately crash after opening so I gave up.

I was digging a bit yesterday and creating proxy files helped me with speed of the preview

Yes, Proxy always works.
Remember that if you use transitions, you will get a high slow down.
Also, for better flow, try to make the work simpler:
1. Cut video
2. Edit first cut with WB, color, contrast and so on
3. Replicate the edit to rest of scenes if need, add sound if need.
4. At final, apply the transitions in videos and denoise.
5. Export.

Will push the extensive load at the end.
Cheers.
5-20 03:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules