Dji mini 4 sensors not working
12Next >
12896 54 2023-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_96lHMtmUtz3q
lvl.1

Romania

I recently bought a new mini 4. Suddenly, my downward sensor became unavailable. After a couple of days, I had no more feedback from any of my sensors(usually used to beep and have red feedback in my rc2 when something is nearby) . In the right corner it sais vision sensors normal, but I can fly the drone into a wall. It is not detecting anything. I am in normal or cinematic mode(not sport) and I have set to stop on collision detection. What can I do? For mini 4 there is no vision sensors calibration option in dji assistant 2. I tried imu and compass calibration, I still have the issue.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Please check whether the Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing of aircraft are disabled. Check whether the flight environment meets the operating conditions of the vision sensors. For example, the flight environment should not be too dark. For detailed conditions, please refer to page 58 of  Mini 4 Pro User Manual. Also, please check whether the vision sensors are blocked by foreign matter or a third-party accessory. Remove the foreign matter or accessory, restart the aircraft, and try again. Have a nice day.
2023-11-26
Use props
sin_ro39
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 11-26 20:47
Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Please check whether the Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing of aircraft are disabled. Check whether the flight environment meets the operating conditions of the vision sensors. For example, the flight environment should not be too dark. For detailed conditions, please refer to page 58 of  Mini 4 Pro User Manual. Also, please check whether the vision sensors are blocked by foreign matter or a third-party accessory. Remove the foreign matter or accessory, restart the aircraft, and try again. Have a nice day.

Thank you for the response. I can confirm that i'm meeting all the requirements cf the doc (The omnidirectional vision system will activate automatically when the aircraft is in Normal or Cine mode and Obstacle Avoidance is set to Bypass or Brake in DJI Fly).
I also have enough light and nothing is covering the sensors. It is strange that if I don't have enough light, djy fly app is reporting that sensors are disabled because of the low light environment. So they are working, but not reporting properly. How can I reset them?
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sin_ro39 Posted at 11-27 00:05
Thank you for the response. I can confirm that i'm meeting all the requirements cf the doc (The omnidirectional vision system will activate automatically when the aircraft is in Normal or Cine mode and Obstacle Avoidance is set to Bypass or Brake in DJI Fly).
I also have enough light and nothing is covering the sensors. It is strange that if I don't have enough light, djy fly app is reporting that sensors are disabled because of the low light environment. So they are working, but not reporting properly. How can I reset them?

Hello. Will it be fine if you provide a screen recording video flying in an environment with sufficient brightness showing the issue? I will forward it to the related team to check. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-27
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4255 ft
Hong Kong

sin_ro39 Posted at 11-27 00:05

I’m having the same issue. My drone is new, straight out of the box. Have you figured it out yet?
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cooldraw Posted at 11-27 03:52
I’m having the same issue. My drone is new, straight out of the box. Have you figured it out yet?

Hi there.  We do apologize if you are having the same issue with our fellow member above. Are you also using the DJI Mini 4 Pro? If yes, please refer to the response of DJI Tony above for your reference. In addition, does the unit experience a hard landing or crash? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-27
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 06:45
Hi there.  We do apologize if you are having the same issue with our fellow member above. Are you also using the DJI Mini 4 Pro? If yes, please refer to the response of DJI Tony above for your reference. In addition, does the unit experience a hard landing or crash? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, confirmed I have a brand new mini 4 pro. As you can see from the picture, none of the sensors are working. No crashes or hard landings. Is there a hard reset that might help?
IMG_4015.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg
2023-11-27
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Cooldraw Posted at 11-27 17:10
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, confirmed I have a brand new mini 4 pro. As you can see from the picture, none of the sensors are working. No crashes or hard landings. Is there a hard reset that might help?

I think it's working properly now. I changed my takeoff area to a location with less obstacles, and it seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on it, and will update if I continue to have issues. Thank you for your help up till now.
2023-11-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12717890 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sensors are off when not in flight!

Just after takeoff they are enabled

cheers
JJB
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. This is normal, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them. Happy flying!

2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_fVKLxr3NOtf4
New

India

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 01:21
Hello. Will it be fine if you provide a screen recording video flying in an environment with sufficient brightness showing the issue? I will forward it to the related team to check. We appreciate your patience.

Hi am facing  vision sensor issue in my mini 4 pro  There is no obstacles but the sensor detecting and beeping continues...  dji assistant 2 doesn't have vision calibration . Kindly update .. even mini 3 pro has vision calibration ..
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fVKLxr3NOtf4 Posted at 12-13 11:16
Hi am facing  vision sensor issue in my mini 4 pro  There is no obstacles but the sensor detecting and beeping continues...  dji assistant 2 doesn't have vision calibration . Kindly update .. even mini 3 pro has vision calibration ..

Hi. Please check if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken obstacle detection is reported. Does the aircraft report an obstacle when flying in a fixed direction like buildings, trees, and scenes with repeated texture and grid lines in the environment? Currently only DJI Mini 3 Pro supports vision calibration using DJI Assistant 2 software,  other Mini-series models do not support it. Have a nice day.
2023-12-16
Use props
Andrea Borroni
New

Germany

I got nearly the same behavior. The mini 4 pro is often detecting an obstacle above, even though flying at 70m height with clear skies. Other sensors are working fine
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Andrea Borroni Posted at 12-17 23:09
I got nearly the same behavior. The mini 4 pro is often detecting an obstacle above, even though flying at 70m height with clear skies. Other sensors are working fine

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. It's possibly because of the direct sunlight. Please refer to the notes below and check if this applies:

Have a great day.
2023-12-18
Use props
wackydude75
New

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 00:04
Hi. Sorry about the trouble. It's possibly because of the direct sunlight. Please refer to the notes below and check if this applies:
[view_image]
Have a great day.

Okay it might be. I was taking pictures at sunset. I must check it out, thanks!
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wackydude75 Posted at 12-18 02:03
Okay it might be. I was taking pictures at sunset. I must check it out, thanks!

You are most welcome. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_APLzOIVLsPPQ
New

Brazil

I had problems with no working obstacle sensors in my Mini 4 Pro. . I had changed the propellers to carbon fiber propellers (not original DJI). Since I changed the propellers my Mini 4 Pro disabled all sensors (and gave me the information that will be because I'm using propellers guard). But I'm not using guards. So, I removed the carbon fiber propellers and changed back to the originals DJI propellers. Obstacle sensors start to work fine since. . I'm wondering that the carbon fiber reflect light and the sensors seems to find that I'm using guards. .
1-9 04:08
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_APLzOIVLsPPQ Posted at 1-9 04:08
I had problems with no working obstacle sensors in my Mini 4 Pro. . I had changed the propellers to carbon fiber propellers (not original DJI). Since I changed the propellers my Mini 4 Pro disabled all sensors (and gave me the information that will be because I'm using propellers guard). But I'm not using guards. So, I removed the carbon fiber propellers and changed back to the originals DJI propellers. Obstacle sensors start to work fine since. . I'm wondering that the carbon fiber reflect light and the sensors seems to find that I'm using guards. .

I think this is due to the weight of the propellers, your new propellers are heavier than the official ones, so the drone assumes that protection is installed.
1-9 05:02
Use props
djiuser_w0SgYY9j4GHq
lvl.1

United States

My new mini four pros crash detection is also not working planning on returning and getting a new one but not sure if my insurance will also be refunded
2-1 22:01
Use props
djiuser_w0SgYY9j4GHq
lvl.1

United States

My new mini four pros crash detection is also not working planning on returning and getting a new one but not sure if my insurance will also be refunded
2-1 22:02
Use props
djiuser_ctpjPiDmISyB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Having exactly the same problems, just want an exact solution for this. These warnings came up after the update I installed. Recalibrated everything as suggested. I’ve also flown it outside in a very well lit area and the sensors warning in still on. Very disappointing. Need a solution, I’m also considering sending it back but I have also bought insurance
IMG_1006.jpeg
IMG_1005.jpeg
2-2 10:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ctpjPiDmISyB Posted at 2-2 10:13
Having exactly the same problems, just want an exact solution for this. These warnings came up after the update I installed. Recalibrated everything as suggested. I’ve also flown it outside in a very well lit area and the sensors warning in still on. Very disappointing. Need a solution, I’m also considering sending it back but I have also bought insurance

Hi there. As for error code 30064, please make sure to bind the account and the remote controller. This issue will occur when re-verifying without replacing or rebinding the remote controller after repair. Regarding the vision sensor, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled, this is normal.
2-3 01:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_w0SgYY9j4GHq Posted at 2-1 22:01
My new mini four pros crash detection is also not working planning on returning and getting a new one but not sure if my insurance will also be refunded

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Does this issue occur when only hovering? The aircraft will not actively avoid obstacles when hovering, but will react upward when an object approaches from below because it has a TOF infrared sensor and the downward sensor will keep a fixed minimum distance for safety. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2-3 01:12
Use props
Trumper
lvl.1
United States

Like so many others, I have a new Mini Pro 4.  I got a firmware update notice today, installed it, then the dreaded "Unavailable" red icon appeared.  Yes, it was sunny.  Yes, I was in N mode.  There were no obstacles nearby.  I *could not take off* and I assumed it was because of this red warning!  
Many others have posted that this happened to them, then the next day it was fine again!  Look around the forums here and there are MANY posts about this on several different devices going back years.  It seems to be related to these firmware updates that cause it.  And there is never a fix offered, just admin replies to check settings, sunlight/dark, and then eventually the person either stops posting or it suddenly starts working again.  Frustrating for a new excited owner like me....
2-10 18:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Trumper Posted at 2-10 18:05
Like so many others, I have a new Mini Pro 4.  I got a firmware update notice today, installed it, then the dreaded "Unavailable" red icon appeared.  Yes, it was sunny.  Yes, I was in N mode.  There were no obstacles nearby.  I *could not take off* and I assumed it was because of this red warning!  
Many others have posted that this happened to them, then the next day it was fine again!  Look around the forums here and there are MANY posts about this on several different devices going back years.  It seems to be related to these firmware updates that cause it.  And there is never a fix offered, just admin replies to check settings, sunlight/dark, and then eventually the person either stops posting or it suddenly starts working again.  Frustrating for a new excited owner like me....

Hello there. The aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled. Is there any other error on the screen, will it be fine if you show us a screenshot from the remote? Thank you.
2-10 21:35
Use props
geryleu
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 21:35
Hello there. The aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, all vision sensors will be enabled. Is there any other error on the screen, will it be fine if you show us a screenshot from the remote? Thank you.

Muss leider zuerst eine kurze Einleitung kundtun. Bin Schweizer Rentner, lebe seit etlichen Jahren in Thailand. Habe vor ca. 12 Jahren schon Drohnen (in der Schweiz) geflogen. Habe beruflich früher eine Firma geführt, welche analytische Messgeräte wartet und zertifiziert (will damit ausdrücken, dass ich durchaus auch technisch versiert bin).
In Thailand ist der DJI Care Refresh nicht erhältlich. Sowohl sprachlich als auch fachtechnisch ist hier keine hilfreiche Unterstützung  zu erwarten. Zur Zeit warte ich auf die nötigen Zertifikate um in Thailand fliegen zu können (Funk NBTC und Flugsicherung CAAT).
Deshalb bin ich als absoluter Neueinsteiger auf präzise Instruktionen zur Inbetriebnahme und Bedienung der Drohne angewiesen. Die Mini 4 Pro ist ja gegenüber meinen Drohnen-Ersterfahrungen geradezu ein Meisterwerk! Deshalb gebe ich mir alle erdenkliche Mühe, die Mini 4 Pro lange fliegen zu können, habe dazu alle notwendigen Kalibrierungen durchgeführt und die relevanten Einstellungen vorgenommen. Umso ärgerlicher ist es, wenn die Bedienungsanleitung doch stark von Marketingargumenten und Warnhinweisen geprägt ist. Es kann auch nicht sein, dass für eine quasi Ready-to-fly Drohne zuerst tagelang Internetbeiträge durchforstet werden müssen.

Bin ja auch auf den Warnhinweis: "Sichtsensoren nicht verfügbar" gestossen.
Dazu findet sich Im Internet unter: DJI Help Center
"Anleitung zur Kalibrierung der Sichtsensoren des Fluggeräts
(https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=de-de03400006473&spaceId=34&re=DE&lang=de)
Kalibrieren von Sichtsensoren mit der DJI App
Wenn die Warnmeldung „Fehler: Sichtsensoren“ in der App angezeigt wird, führt das Fluggerät automatisch eine Kalibrierung durch, sodass kein weiteres Eingreifen erforderlich ist."
Ich bitte die Verantwortlichen bei DJI höflich um ein Firmwareupgrade, um zumindest bezüglich des erwähnten Fehlers präzisere Instruktionen zu geben, und bin zuversichtlich, dass bei zukünftigen Bedienungsanleitungen die Präzision gegenüber Marketing stärker gewichtet wird.
Gegen ein Honorar in Form einer Ersatz Mini 4 Pro werde ich Sie bei dieser Aufgabe gerne unterstützen...
2-13 08:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

geryleu Posted at 2-13 08:04
Muss leider zuerst eine kurze Einleitung kundtun. Bin Schweizer Rentner, lebe seit etlichen Jahren in Thailand. Habe vor ca. 12 Jahren schon Drohnen (in der Schweiz) geflogen. Habe beruflich früher eine Firma geführt, welche analytische Messgeräte wartet und zertifiziert (will damit ausdrücken, dass ich durchaus auch technisch versiert bin).
In Thailand ist der DJI Care Refresh nicht erhältlich. Sowohl sprachlich als auch fachtechnisch ist hier keine hilfreiche Unterstützung  zu erwarten. Zur Zeit warte ich auf die nötigen Zertifikate um in Thailand fliegen zu können (Funk NBTC und Flugsicherung CAAT).
Deshalb bin ich als absoluter Neueinsteiger auf präzise Instruktionen zur Inbetriebnahme und Bedienung der Drohne angewiesen. Die Mini 4 Pro ist ja gegenüber meinen Drohnen-Ersterfahrungen geradezu ein Meisterwerk! Deshalb gebe ich mir alle erdenkliche Mühe, die Mini 4 Pro lange fliegen zu können, habe dazu alle notwendigen Kalibrierungen durchgeführt und die relevanten Einstellungen vorgenommen. Umso ärgerlicher ist es, wenn die Bedienungsanleitung doch stark von Marketingargumenten und Warnhinweisen geprägt ist. Es kann auch nicht sein, dass für eine quasi Ready-to-fly Drohne zuerst tagelang Internetbeiträge durchforstet werden müssen.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. If you are currently in Thailand, please use the following link to check the authorized repair center in your location: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2-14 00:06
Use props
djiuser_OoOqbiJe7lh6
New
Flight distance : 7087 ft
United States

Mine is brand new I set it to Brake and it ran right into me. And it did the same when I put a pillow as an obstacle.  I think I got a defective one and will return it to Amazon unless you have a solution
2-20 20:35
Use props
xLuckyChain
lvl.1

Canada

I am having the same exact issue, I looked through people's comments and admin suggestion but still no fix.

I know the aircraft has to be in the air for it to work. I did the refresh of the firmware with dji assistant 2 (consumer drones series) with the aircraft and the RC, but still no luck at all.

Is there anything else I could do?
2-22 18:26
Use props
Peter Wee
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-11-26 20:47

I have the similar problem (see attached).
Checked, no foreign objects obstruction.
What can I do?
And how to get the manual (as mentioned in your previous comment)?
3-10 10:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Peter Wee Posted at 3-10 10:25
I have the similar problem (see attached).
Checked, no foreign objects obstruction.
What can I do?

Hello there. Will it be fine if you post a screen recording showing the issue? You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then send us the link. Also, here is the link for the manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
3-11 02:25
Use props
Yemerich
lvl.1

Brazil

Yet another of the same problem here.
I bought a mini 4 pro a week ago and it was working perfectly. Then, in the second flight all the sensors stop working.
I tried a well lit area, an outdoor area with lots of space, 7m above ground, i have colision detection with bypass option selected and nothing works.

Suggestions?
4-22 16:16
Use props
djiuser_fgsGYOKd9Bmu
lvl.3

Malaysia

Yemerich Posted at 4-22 16:16
I bought a mini 4 pro a week ago and it was working perfectly. Then, in the second flight all the sensors stop working.
I tried a well lit area, an outdoor area with lots of space, 7m above ground, i have colision detection with bypass option selected and nothing works.

For the DJI Mini 4 Pro, starting from version V01.00.0300, if users disable Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing under Safety > Advanced Safety Settings, the omnidirectional obstacle avoidance feature, including downward obstacle avoidance, will be disabled.
4-22 20:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yemerich Posted at 4-22 16:16

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. May I know if you are getting any error messages? Thank you.
4-22 20:30
Use props
fansbabc05ae
lvl.1

United States

Mine just hit a tree and is stuck in a tree on a slope that you have to slide down on your butt. Thanks DJI. It was a magic shot photo too. Im so bummed.
4-28 18:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansbabc05ae Posted at 4-28 18:54
Mine just hit a tree and is stuck in a tree on a slope that you have to slide down on your butt. Thanks DJI. It was a magic shot photo too. Im so bummed.

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
4-28 19:19
Use props
Peregrinator6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have had the same problem, my drone was supposed to fly over a gate, but went straight into it, which was 20 feet high, damage one arm, broke the switch some how, and the top case is cracked, no longer live.
4-29 06:37
Use props
Shervin Mokri
New

Canada

Mini 4 pro obstacle avoidance not working, it has nothing to do with the environment,  it was working yesterday, its not working anymore.
5-13 20:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Peregrinator6 Posted at 4-29 06:37
I have had the same problem, my drone was supposed to fly over a gate, but went straight into it, which was 20 feet high, damage one arm, broke the switch some how, and the top case is cracked, no longer live.

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending the aircraft back to DJI after a crash to get it checked. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day
5-13 21:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shervin Mokri Posted at 5-13 20:29
Mini 4 pro obstacle avoidance not working, it has nothing to do with the environment,  it was working yesterday, its not working anymore.

Hello there, Shervin. Thank you for reaching out.  Are you getting any error messages or codes from your remote?
5-13 21:59
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules