M350 DRTK2 Set up over known point
736 4 1-16 14:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
I am starting to use lidar for surveying. Got a L2 , M350, and a DRTK2 base station.

I set up my DRTK2 over a known point. However, my known point is in State Plane Coordinates (NAD83) and the controller wants me to put the coordinates in as lat/long/elevation.
We ended up flying the mission with RTK just did not have the percise coordinates entered in the controller.

Is there a way I can enter my known point in as state plane in the controller? Or do so after flying in DJI terra?
I see the "Change base station center point" In DJI terra but when I enter the state plane coordinates (TN USft) , our elevation in feet seems to give an error saying something like "abnormal point Check base station coordinates" Or it will just give a little piece of the entire point cloud.
And what is the Elevation for the DRTK2 measured in ? is it meters and is it ellipsoidal height?
I have tried to find this information but can not on my own.
Thank you!
1-16 14:26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 32808 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just convert your NAD83 State Plane coordinates to WGS84 Lat/Lon/HAE (m) and put them in the D-RTK 2. It won't take them any other way. I don't know about Terra's capabilities.
1-16 17:19
Use props
chrisojackso
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 1-16 17:19
Just convert your NAD83 State Plane coordinates to WGS84 Lat/Lon/HAE (m) and put them in the D-RTK 2. It won't take them any other way. I don't know about Terra's capabilities.

Thank you for the reply! We do exactly what you said convert the SPC to lat/long . The only thing We are hung up on now is converting the height to ellipsoid height. We have our height in NAVD88 , How would I convert that into the ellipsoid height that drtk2 wants?
2-14 17:38
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-305829-1-1.html
2-14 22:17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 32808 ft