677 12 1-29 15:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Currently waiting on my 2nd Avata, sold my first one sometime ago.
I'm surprised to find no threads talking about using ND filters with the Avata.

Is there a reason why?
1-29 15:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We can install an ND filter on the DJI Avata camera as it supports three ND filters: ND8, ND16, and ND32. You may also click the link below to purchase. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... set-8-32?vid=119092
1-29 21:50
Use props
Arkangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

What would you like to talk about?
1-30 01:37
Use props
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just that, it seems weird the lack of talk about them, compared to other drones in the line up. I've read in other forums that the filters tend to fall off more due to the design of the camera?

Not a deal breaker to me but it is something I'd like to find out more.
1-30 01:54
Use props
Arkangel
lvl.4
Brunei

fans2ed9bb23 Posted at 1-30 01:54
Just that, it seems weird the lack of talk about them, compared to other drones in the line up. I've read in other forums that the filters tend to fall off more due to the design of the camera?

Not a deal breaker to me but it is something I'd like to find out more.

I am using the JSR NDPL filters and those hold up pretty well. Quite a tight fit that requires more technique than brute force to remove. Those definitely wont be falling off but then again ive not crashed my drone with any significant force yet. The JSR filters are also correct in their ratings of light stops. Measured and verified with a light meter. I believe someone reviewed some of other brands and found them not accurate across the different ND cut levels. The camera are O3 cameras so you may have more luck finding those online.
1-30 18:35
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you fly fast and close to your subject, they can really help add some motion blur for sure.
2-26 00:37
Use props
djiuser_OlBj2EudKPoD
lvl.1

Netherlands

Arkangel Posted at 1-30 18:35
I am using the JSR NDPL filters and those hold up pretty well. Quite a tight fit that requires more technique than brute force to remove. Those definitely wont be falling off but then again ive not crashed my drone with any significant force yet. The JSR filters are also correct in their ratings of light stops. Measured and verified with a light meter. I believe someone reviewed some of other brands and found them not accurate across the different ND cut levels. The camera are O3 cameras so you may have more luck finding those online.

How do you get them of easy? I am not able to get them of without brute force…
3-28 03:27
Use props
DronSap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12943 ft
Czechia

Another "problem" with ND filter and motion blur is that if ND is used + lower frame rate (+ slower shutter) then the output after Gyroflow adjustment is not as good as with higher fps.
3-28 05:09
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

DronSap Posted at 3-28 05:09
Another "problem" with ND filter and motion blur is that if ND is used + lower frame rate (+ slower shutter) then the output after Gyroflow adjustment is not as good as with higher fps.

I would never fly with anything lower with 50 fps. Its simply not enjoyable at all. I shoot at 60 fps and drop into a 30 fps timeline.
3-28 19:45
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

djiuser_OlBj2EudKPoD Posted at 3-28 03:27
How do you get them of easy? I am not able to get them of without brute force…

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cGbm2Ccsj_4
3-28 19:45
Use props
DronSap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12943 ft
Slovakia

D35Archangel Posted at 3-28 19:45
I would never fly with anything lower with 50 fps. Its simply not enjoyable at all. I shoot at 60 fps and drop into a 30 fps timeline.

But now how do you set the shutter speed if the original setting is 50fps and then you drop to 30fps? (I mean the 180 degree rule)
I've used 50 or 60 fps a few times and then slowed down some sequences, but I've never tried shooting at 60 and then generally going down to 30 fps.
3-29 07:18
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

DronSap Posted at 3-29 07:18
But now how do you set the shutter speed if the original setting is 50fps and then you drop to 30fps? (I mean the 180 degree rule)
I've used 50 or 60 fps a few times and then slowed down some sequences, but I've never tried shooting at 60 and then generally going down to 30 fps.

These 'rules' are not set in stone. The shutter speed affects the amount of motion blurring per frame. A very low shutter speed would produce more blurring effect on the video and a very high shutter speed freezes the motion to the point where the apparent sharpness is higher and more 'crisp'. The more frames per second you have adds to the appearance of motion. A 1/30th on a 60 fps would appear a mess whereas 1/120th on a 30 fps would still be crisp. This is also why shooting 1/100th on 60 fps a 50 hz area with lights have less rolling of lights than staying on 1/120th.

If you predominantly fly slower but want a more pronounced motion blur you could shoot 1/60th on a 60 fps. Personally the reason why I dont like shooting at 30 fps is because of stuttering when you yaw because of missing images when you turn too fast. These lower frame rates require a much slower turn rate (like in film-making) known as 7 second rule.

I would just test the different shutter speeds on a fixed frame rate and see the effect, then move to the higher fps and test the same shutter speeds so you can compare the results and pick your preference.

Also, if your target fps is say 30 fps (youtube) then you should be using the double hence 60 fps or if 25 fps then 50 or 24 fps then 48.
3-29 14:55
Use props
Einsiedler
New
United Kingdom

They are super expensive
3-29 15:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules