Sell in the close box after received from Care Refresh
809 26 3-18 22:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello everybody.I activated DJI Care Refresh for my mavic 3. And I received a new one in the unopened box. Can I sell it as it came from care refresh in a close box, or do I have to open the box and unbind the drone from my account?
3-18 22:17
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

Thanks for the help
3-18 22:18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not know if the new drone will be bound to your account but, if it is, as far as I know it is not necessary to switch the drone on to unbind it. You can unbind the drone just using the app though the app must be connected to the internet in order for the unbinding to be registered.
In fact, from the point of view of selling it, it would be better if the drone was sold whilst still in a sealed box.
3-18 23:49
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

Having experience with an Air 2s, the new drone I received did not appear in my account on the DJI website and on DJI Fly like this new Mavic 3 that I received.
The Air 2s only appeared on my account after I paired it with my remote control.
My fear is sending the drone to the new owner, and having it returned to me again so I can activate it and then unlink it. Because if it doesn't appear in my account, I can't remove it remotely from my account either
3-19 05:40
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for your inquiry. If you are planning to sell the drone, please unbind your DJI account from the DJI Mavic 3 first. To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function. Please follow the path on your DJI Fly app: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account.
3-19 15:47
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-19 15:47
Thank you for your inquiry. If you are planning to sell the drone, please unbind your DJI account from the DJI Mavic 3 first. To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function. Please follow the path on your DJI Fly app: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account.

If I may ask.

Does DJI bind a care-refresh issued, replacement drone, to the customer's account prior to the drone being sent to the customer ?
3-20 13:46
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 13:46
If I may ask.

Does DJI bind a care-refresh issued, replacement drone, to the customer's account prior to the drone being sent to the customer ?

Thanks for your question. No, the DJI Care Refresh will transfer automatically from the old drone to the replacement. However, the owner will still need to go through the binding process again after receiving the replacement drone.
3-20 16:14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-20 16:14
Thanks for your question. No, the DJI Care Refresh will transfer automatically from the old drone to the replacement. However, the owner will still need to go through the binding process again after receiving the replacement drone.

So the drone will arrive unbound, is that correct ?
3-20 17:07
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 17:07

Not listening. It is still has records connected to the users account. I have had a replacement drone under warranty and the care refresh was transferred to the new drone before it was subsequently activated..
3-21 05:12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Yes, that is correct.
3-21 14:27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 3-21 05:12
Not listening. It is still has records connected to the users account. I have had a replacement drone under warranty and the care refresh was transferred to the new drone before it was subsequently activated..

Who is not listening ?

I am not asking about care refresh, I am asking about binding, as far as I am aware they are separate things.
It is possible to have paid for care refresh yet for the controller and drone to not be bound ------ as required for at least Flyaway Insurance, if an unbound drone is lost or and or the controller is not simultaneaously bound o the drone then I beleive that at least the flyaway coverage is invalid.
That care refresh can be transferred from one drone to its replacement does not necessarily mean that the replacement drone is sent bound.
I do not know if binding is now required for care refresh to be valid.

That seems borne out by DJI Diana's reply.

3-21 14:42
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-21 14:27
Yes, that is correct.

Thanks Diana.
3-21 14:42
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You're welcome! It is my pleasure to help.
3-21 15:49
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

I confirmed with the DJI help center.
The drones shipped are new and or refirbish. They are not linked or registered to any account or controller. Only to DJI Care Refresh. If is active!
3-23 14:20
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

Therefore, the drone that comes closed in the box is not linked to any account. It can be sold and the new owner can bind for the first time with their controller and account without any problems.
The active care refresh account is linked to the drone. If the new drone changes ownership, the care refresh remains active with the drone until the expiration date.
The new owner can also purchase a new care refresh.
The factory warranty also accompanies the drone to the new owner.
In the DJI App Store it is possible to add the drone to the new owner's account by adding the QR code.
3-23 14:23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-21 14:42
Who is not listening ?

I am not asking about care refresh, I am asking about binding, as far as I am aware they are separate things.

Maybe you are listening, but you are not reading.

The Care refresh is linked to your account under the serial number of the drone. If you sell, the new owner can not activate care refresh as it Is (Linked / Connected) to your account.) AFAIK

They will have to go through the process of attaching / linking the drone to their account moving it is still flyable and get their own Care Refresh. By law the care refresh is a contract between you and DJI I do not see anywhere that this contract is transferable.

Also binding is the incorrect term for linking your drone to your account. Binding is the process of linking the radio TX to your drone.

This is the response you get when you poke me in the eye.
4-2 01:04
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-2 01:04

The Care refresh is linked to your account under the serial number of the drone. If you sell, the new owner can not activate care refresh as it Is (Linked / Connected) to your account.) AFAIK

"Also binding is the incorrect term for linking your drone to your account. Binding is the process of linking the radio TX to your drone."

Tell that to DJI.
In current literature they use the word "binding" and derivatives thereof solely in connection with flyaway insurance, where a drone is bound to a DJI account and the controller is bound to the drone.

I believe that the OP is referring to this sort of binding and, from post 16, it appears that the new drone will arrive NOT bound, by DJI, to the OP's account.
I am also pretty sure that the new drone will NOT be paired or linked to the OP's controller.
I take it from the OP's post that only the drone was replaced.
As far as I know if a drone and controller are to be paired or linked to one another then both the drone and controller need to be switched on and within communication range of each other in order for them to successfully be paired/linked.
However the pairing/linking can be broken with only one device switched on, if it is paired to another device the new pairing breaks the original pairing, I have used that myself many times.

With regards to the linking or pairing of the drone and controller for control purposes, RC model flyers may have used the word "bind" and its derivatives to refer to establishing this control connectino but I do not recollect ever seeing a DJI document refer to this as binding. I may be mistaken but, when referring to the connection for control purposes, that I remember DJI have used only the words "pair" or "link" and probably only one of those words and its derivatives but the two words are mixed up in my mind and I can not be bothered to check.

As for care refresh and the second owner, I beilieve that there is a way that the second owner can use the remaining cafe refresh but I am uncertain of the procedure.
I was the owner of such a second hand drone with outstanding care refresh but I never needed to use it so I never really looked into the matter.
It maybe that any claim by the second owner will need to be processed by the first owner but anyone reading this would need to check that for themselves, I may be wrong.
4-3 10:53
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 4-2 01:04

WRONGO!!! Care Refresh is linked to the DRONE!! If you use CF, DJI transfers the remaining coverage to the new drone. How do I know, you ask? I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS!!!
Here -
you LINK your controller to the drone(radio)
The drone and controller are activated to your account
The drone is bound to the controller in order to verify CF and fly away coverage.
4-3 17:14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-3 17:14
WRONGO!!! Care Refresh is linked to the DRONE!! If you use CF, DJI transfers the remaining coverage to the new drone. How do I know, you ask? I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS!!!
Here -
you LINK your controller to the drone(radio)

Why is it that people post a response before they read?

I have also been through this process with a care fresh replacement.

The issue I commented on was the transfer of Care Refresh to a third party given the legal contract is between the original purchaser and DJI. I do not see in the contract that the insurance is transferable.

Care refresh is linked to the drone and the original purchaser account. That is how DJI recognise Care Refresh exits.

4-14 19:19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 4-14 19:19
Why is it that people post a response before they read?

I have also been through this process with a care fresh replacement.

Because you are wrong. CR IS bound to the DRONE serial number and stays with the drone if sold!!
4-15 05:06
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-15 05:06
Because you are wrong. CR IS bound to the DRONE serial number and stays with the drone if sold!!

Both are right (maybe) but you are more right than he is.  In many countries in the world, CR stays with the drone and cannot be transferred to a new owner (likely because it really isn't bound to anyone in particular) and  because DJI will honor it whether the original owner or the new (current) owner makes the claim.  Perhaps he is referring to something special within AU but otherwise, if he is just reading straight from the generic contract, yes there is no clause to officially transfer but you are 100% right, the contract stays with the drone regardless who "owns" it.  The email addy stated in the contract is only for the purposes of having somewhere to send the contract, it is not meant to establish a contract that exists only between DJI and that email.  Otherwise there is no name in that contract.  Remember, there are no true owners of this personal property, there is no title to a drone.  Whoever has this drone in their possession is the defacto "owner" which is why DJI can legally do what they are doing.  It's the same thing as the warranty that technically doesn't just disappear off the drone unless it is disclaimed but it is possible (but unlikely) the poster is referencing something in AU (doubt it) because places like that (and the EU) have these strange laws (I have not read an AU CR contract).  My vote is you correct.
4-15 05:42
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't understand why bjr981s is getting so bothered about care refresh, the OP's opening post related to binding, which can ground the drone and render the controller useless. DJI Diana provided the answer to that question in post #14.

4-15 06:16
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

Yes. the new drone is not connect to any account.
4-15 17:46
Use props
AeroArtDrone
lvl.1
Portugal

O novo proprietário recebeu o novo drone dentro da caixa fechada. Nenhuma conta de usuário ativa.
E o novo proprietário o ativou com sua conta.
O drone que foi enviado para DJI para substituição continua aparecendo na minha conta.
Mas quando o novo proprietário ativou o novo drone recebido, depois de dois dias, parecia que a atualização de cuidados da DJI estava ativa no novo drone.
No drone antigo que foi enviado para substituição e está com DJI, como mencionei, ele aparece na minha conta, mas sem a atualização de cuidados DJI ativa.
Esse processo ocorreu em Portugal, um país da União Europeia.
Algo que não tem nada a ver com esse assunto. Falei com Diana por telefone no início deste ano devido a um atraso da DJI no envio do meu mini 3 pro. Ela foi super simpática e atenciosa.
Quero agradecer a todos pela ajuda. E já sabemos que os drones recebidos como substitutos para a atualização do Care podem ser vendidos como novos. Não há necessidade de abrir a caixa.
4-15 18:15
Use props
Narcokiller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 700472 ft
Portugal

Im the new owner.
4-15 18:45
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Happy flying
4-15 23:22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 4-15 05:42
Both are right (maybe) but you are more right than he is.  In many countries in the world, CR stays with the drone and cannot be transferred to a new owner (likely because it really isn't bound to anyone in particular) and  because DJI will honor it whether the original owner or the new (current) owner makes the claim.  Perhaps he is referring to something special within AU but otherwise, if he is just reading straight from the generic contract, yes there is no clause to officially transfer but you are 100% right, the contract stays with the drone regardless who "owns" it.  The email addy stated in the contract is only for the purposes of having somewhere to send the contract, it is not meant to establish a contract that exists only between DJI and that email.  Otherwise there is no name in that contract.  Remember, there are no true owners of this personal property, there is no title to a drone.  Whoever has this drone in their possession is the defacto "owner" which is why DJI can legally do what they are doing.  It's the same thing as the warranty that technically doesn't just disappear off the drone unless it is disclaimed but it is possible (but unlikely) the poster is referencing something in AU (doubt it) because places like that (and the EU) have these strange laws (I have not read an AU CR contract).  My vote is you correct.

A nice interpretation.

Yes Australia has specific Consumer Protection laws. These laws extend the expressed warranty that is supplied by the manufacturer.

A lot of the criticism members in other countries have of DJI are resolved by these consumer protection laws. E.g. you could have used your drone for up to 12 months and then return it for a full refund if determined that it was a not fit for purpose.

The Contract / Ownership of a sale is between the manufacturer and the purchaser and is not transferable.

A third party (Reseller) may be in the loop but they must comply with the consumer law.

The transfer of a care refresh to a third party does not have to be honoured by the manufacturer unless they agree to transfer that product license.

Anyhow. We do things very different here and the laws or countries vary all over the world. Some good some not so good.

My company has been in the middle of some of these issues acting as a middleman.
Basically what I was trying to advise is Caveat Emptor.

4-16 05:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules