DJI Avata 2 is coming closer
123Next >
6021 82 3-31 03:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The DJI Avata 2 is closer than we think. After watching videos and reading a few news articles, I found out that it might come with a speed upgrade. The current Avata is 60.4mph, and the Avata 2 might be 87mph, the same speed as the current DJI FPV, which personally, is the biggest upgrade for me. There will also be some minor camera improvements and omnidirectional obstacle avoidance like the one on the Mini 4 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WktpnGzAMIE
3-31 03:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me embed that for you

3-31 03:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 03:56
Let me embed that for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WktpnGzAMIE

DA, I find it interesting that he omitted a release date in this video.  
3-31 07:09
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

If Avata 2 will have C1 class it will be slower that the first one
3-31 08:08
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 07:09

Me too, but apparently it will come out in two weeks, according to a news article I read.
3-31 09:06
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 40068986 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

For now, rumors are controversial at best, I heard of two Avatas small and big one??? Heard of 360 obstacle avoidance (Nonsense ) for faster, way faster Avata And slower...
So I gues we wait and see on 11-th for the real deal and reviews as I suspect Avatas are distributed to YouTubers for testing some times ago - pitty I am not among them
3-31 23:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id heard 26th April but I dont recall who said that.
3-31 23:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snoze Posted at 3-31 08:08
If Avata 2 will have C1 class it will be slower that the first one

Slower only on non FPV mode,    under EASA rules FPV has different rules regardless of class marking.
3-31 23:22
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:22
Slower only on non FPV mode,    under EASA rules FPV has different rules regardless of class marking.

not sure if a drone can be compatible with the European class system on normal or sport mode and not compatible in manual mode
3-31 23:31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snoze Posted at 3-31 23:31
not sure if a drone can be compatible with the European class system on normal or sport mode and not compatible in manual mode

I think the way they would differentiate it is whether your use goggles or not.  But it could cause some serious confusion.
3-31 23:35
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 3-31 23:15
For now, rumors are controversial at best, I heard of two Avatas small and big one??? Heard of 360 obstacle avoidance (Nonsense   ) for faster, way faster Avata And slower...
So I gues we wait and see on 11-th for the real deal and reviews as I suspect Avatas are distributed to YouTubers for testing some times ago - pitty I am not among them

It's a big controversy. Just got to wait. Anyway, in my opinion, there is no way any FPV drone will have 360° obstacle avoidance. If at all it does have any obstacle avoidance, it will probably only be front and rear.
4-1 02:56
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:35
I think the way they would differentiate it is whether your use goggles or not.  But it could cause some serious confusion.

The only way to use Avata with no goggles is to buy the Remote Controller, then connect the goggles to your phone (you still need the goggles), and then connect the Remote Controller to your phone. Anyway, it's very complicated and it's not ideal while travelling. That's why I was planning on getting an Avata because the speed appealed to me, but after realising how travel-unfriendly it was, I got a Mini 4 Pro instead. Anyway, I hope the Avata 2 will be more travel-friendly and portable.
4-1 03:03
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

It will either come out on the 11th or 26th of March, according to two news articles who seem to have entirely different information. It's all a big controversy. Anyway, we'll see when it's properly been released.
4-1 03:06
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:21

It will either come out on the 11th or 26th of April, according to two news articles who seem to have entirely different information. It's all a big controversy. Anyway, we'll see when it's properly been released.
4-1 03:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:21

So end of April more or less.  I'll not be getting it based on my results trying to fly the cinewhoop I had.  I just couldn't get over the dizzying or vertigo effect, even sitting down trying to fly.  
4-1 03:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

USER001 Posted at 4-1 03:06
It will either come out on the 11th or 26th of March, according to two news articles who seem to have entirely different information. It's all a big controversy. Anyway, we'll see when it's properly been released.

Didn't come out on the 11th or 26th of March so maybe you meant 11th or 26th of April.  
4-1 03:49
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 03:49
Didn't come out on the 11th or 26th of March so maybe you meant 11th or 26th of April.

Yes, you are correct. I will edit my reply.
4-1 03:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-1 03:06
It will either come out on the 11th or 26th of April, according to two news articles who seem to have entirely different information. It's all a big controversy. Anyway, we'll see when it's properly been released.

My money is on the latter date.
4-1 06:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-1 03:03
The only way to use Avata with no goggles is to buy the Remote Controller, then connect the goggles to your phone (you still need the goggles), and then connect the Remote Controller to your phone. Anyway, it's very complicated and it's not ideal while travelling. That's why I was planning on getting an Avata because the speed appealed to me, but after realising how travel-unfriendly it was, I got a Mini 4 Pro instead. Anyway, I hope the Avata 2 will be more travel-friendly and portable.

I think you mis understood me,  I didnt mean without owning the goggles I just meant without wearing them,   that way you have the fly away protection you get from the goggles being bound to the drone and VLOS seeing you legal if you are on your own.
4-1 06:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 03:48
So end of April more or less.  I'll not be getting it based on my results trying to fly the cinewhoop I had.  I just couldn't get over the dizzying or vertigo effect, even sitting down trying to fly.

If they work some magic with the AR cameras like the leaks suggest,  it might be worth trying from somewhere that has a 14 day return policy.
4-1 06:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-1 06:13
If they work some magic with the AR cameras like the leaks suggest,  it might be worth trying from somewhere that has a 14 day return policy.

Will definitely increase sales if they do something really impressive with the AR cameras.  
4-1 08:19
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 08:19
Will definitely increase sales if they do something really impressive with the AR cameras.

Like solving stupid VLOS rule problem
4-1 10:17
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-1 06:12
I think you mis understood me,  I didnt mean without owning the goggles I just meant without wearing them,   that way you have the fly away protection you get from the goggles being bound to the drone and VLOS seeing you legal if you are on your own.

Oh, that makes sense.
4-1 12:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 4-1 10:17

Wouldn't that be fantastic.  
4-1 14:28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 14:28
Wouldn't that be fantastic.

Fantastic loud be to remove this rule as it originate fro rc era of camera less planes...
4-1 20:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 08:19

For me it would put me at ease of someone sneaking up on me.
4-2 02:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 4-1 10:17

Sadly I dont think adding cameras to the goggles helps with that as the rule is un aided VLOS.  
4-2 02:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-1 17:47
I don't see the Avata 2 having any obstacle avoidance.  The sensors you see on the Avata 2 are just the Vision sensors, optical flow & IR, that have been relocated rearward.  There is no logical reason to have OA on an FPV drone.  Also my hunch is the Avata 2 has combined the upper shell, camera guard,  & ducts into a single, user-replaceable, assembly.  The black cover you see top-center is just the cover for the GPS/Compass unit.

Interesting observations Dirty Bird.  
4-2 02:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 4-1 20:38
Fantastic loud be to remove this rule as it originate fro rc era of camera less planes...

Unfortunately, I don't see that rule changing, at least here in the US.
4-2 02:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 02:21
For me it would put me at ease of someone sneaking up on me.

Yeah, with goggles on that could easily happen.  Guess that is where the observer would have to come in for protection.  
4-2 03:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 03:04
Yeah, with goggles on that could easily happen.  Guess that is where the observer would have to come in for protection.

Most people seem to use a dog as their observer though.  
4-2 03:42
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-1 17:47
I don't see the Avata 2 having any obstacle avoidance.  The sensors you see on the Avata 2 are just the Vision sensors, optical flow & IR, that have been relocated rearward.  There is no logical reason to have OA on an FPV drone.  Also my hunch is the Avata 2 has combined the upper shell, camera guard, & ducts into a single, user-replaceable, assembly.  The black cover you see top-center is just the cover for the GPS/Compass unit.

It might have OA while in N Mode, but definitely not in S and M Mode.
4-2 04:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 03:42
Most people seem to use a dog as their observer though.

Might work in the UK but not exactly legal here in the US.  I got the email this morning announcing the Avata 2 on April 11 at 9AM EST.  
4-2 09:21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How much hard earned you recon this will be
4-2 12:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 09:21
Might work in the UK but not exactly legal here in the US.  I got the email this morning announcing the Avata 2 on April 11 at 9AM EST.

I dont think it works here either.  
4-2 23:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-2 12:40
How much hard earned you recon this will be

Im hopeful it will be about the same price as the outgoing Avata as this is needed to be more EU legal.
4-2 23:29
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 23:29
Im hopeful it will be about the same price as the outgoing Avata as this is needed to be more EU legal.

Me too, I really hope so. Anyway, there will be a slight price difference like minimum £50 or something, but the old Avata won't completely go away. It will be like the Mini 2 SE: you can still buy on DJI Store but it has become slightly cheaper and less valuable to have.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-2-se
4-3 02:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-3 02:21
Me too, I really hope so. Anyway, there will be a slight price difference like minimum £50 or something, but the old Avata won't completely go away. It will be like the Mini 2 SE: you can still buy on DJI Store but it has become slightly cheaper and less valuable to have.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-2-se

Have you noticed how no uk stores have stock of the avata any more,  its even been delisted from Argos.   I suspect the lack of a EU C label might be to blame for that.
4-3 02:25
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 02:25
Have you noticed how no uk stores have stock of the avata any more,  its even been delisted from Argos.   I suspect the lack of a EU C label might be to blame for that.

True. Anyway, you can get them on Amazon for a good price.
4-3 02:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-3 02:36
True. Anyway, you can get them on Amazon for a good price.

Even on amazon the stock levels are really low now

4-3 03:07
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules