Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 14.38.41.png
4-2 05:38
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818356 ft
  • >>>
Spain

No sub 250grams, but it smells good beeing a C1!!!
Waiting for detailed specs
4-2 05:42
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What I'm really curious about is whether the Avata 2 also works with the Goggles V2 and the Controller 2 !!!!
4-2 05:50
Use props
JeanLuc Picard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363376 ft
Italy

DJI Bryan Posted at 4-2 05:50
What I'm really curious about is whether the Avata 2 also works with the Goggles V2 and the Controller 2 !!!!

Probably only Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3 and DJI FPV Controller 3  
4-2 07:53
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I'm going to find it really hard to wait that 9 days!
4-2 07:54
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JeanLuc Picard Posted at 4-2 07:53
Probably only Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3 and DJI FPV Controller 3

I would be very disappointed if this were the case.  I don't like those Goggles 2 at all.  Very poor fit.  Just don't get him focused.  Image is much smaller than previous Goggles.  Then it won't be Avata 2 for me.
4-2 08:11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, can't wait.  I know there are a bunch of YT videos waiting to be released, too.

Pretty sure Avata 2 will not be backwards compatible on day 1 but ultimately it may end up there.  Might surprise us and on launch day, a bunch of new sw updates for the either googles and mc lineup.

Happy days are coming!
4-2 08:45
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just hope they made the decision to go with soft-foam on the goggles.
4-2 10:27
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

https://www.dji.com/global/trail ... e&from=homepage
4-2 10:39
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

What happened to the usual Best Buy leak a couple of days before launch they put the units out for sale on the shelves early?  Anyone seen them?

By this time, we should be getting a list of all the skus from the kits to the accessories....and pricing.

What an exciting launch!  
4-2 10:52
Use props
MAF178
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Kuwait

Thats awesome! i hope its a bit faster than avata 1
4-2 12:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing DA.  
4-2 15:02
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

I think I would only get it if it were backwards compatible with the goggles 2, MC1/2 and FPV C2. Don't really see the point of upgrading everything just to have the latest and greatest just for an incremental improvement in image quality. Already modded the g2 to a perfect fit and really cant be bothered to go through the whole process again. The design of the Avata 2 looks like its geared more towards acro flyers rather than cinematographers. But never say never.
4-2 16:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 4-2 05:42
No sub 250grams, but it smells good beeing a C1!!!
Waiting for detailed specs

Im told the EASA rules dont apply to flying with goggles in the same way as they do with just a C classification.  

Edit:  Seems EASA have it documented - https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/li ... rst-person-view-fpv
4-2 23:14
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4318704 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 23:14
Im told the EASA rules dont apply to flying with goggles in the same way as they do with just a C classification.  

Edit:  Seems EASA have it documented - https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/drone-racing-and-flying-drone-goggles-first-person-view-fpv

This page of the EASA is no longer up to date, as it doesn't take into account that FPV drones can have a classification too. Thus it states that FPV operation can always only occur in A3. However, this is no longer the case with an Avata 2 with C1 classification.
What remains is the legal requirement to always have an airspace observer present during FPV operation, as stated in Article 4(d) of Regulation 947/2019.
However, with class markings there is no further distinction between regular (camera) drones and FPV drones.
4-3 02:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-3 02:12
This page of the EASA is no longer up to date, as it doesn't take into account that FPV drones can have a classification too. Thus it states that FPV operation can always only occur in A3. However, this is no longer the case with an Avata 2 with C1 classification.
What remains is the legal requirement to always have an airspace observer present during FPV operation, as stated in Article 4(d) of Regulation 947/2019.
However, with class markings there is no further distinction between regular (camera) drones and FPV drones.

Is that documented somewhere?
4-3 02:29
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 02:29
Is that documented somewhere?

Which part  do you mean exactly?

But you can also find it yourself in the regulation, or better yet, in the Easy Access Rules (https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tems-regulations-eu), which also includes the associated AMC/GM.

And you will not find any special regulation for classified FPV drones or their restriction to A3, hence there is none.
4-3 03:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-3 03:29
Which part  do you mean exactly?

But you can also find it yourself in the regulation, or better yet, in the Easy Access Rules (https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/document-library/easy-access-rules/easy-access-rules-unmanned-aircraft-systems-regulations-eu), which also includes the associated AMC/GM.

I can find rules that require A3 flight if you are using goggles,    so as such without a specific call out thats the current rules.
4-3 03:32
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 03:32
I can find rules that require A3 flight if you are using goggles,    so as such without a specific call out thats the current rules.

Then please refer exactly to where you find it in the regulation 947/2019 or the associated AMC/GM.
Because nothing else is relevant, neither an interpretation by third parties nor even by EASA-Website-Editors in simple (and sometimes outdated) posts. You cannot rely on anything else but the regulation itself. For example I had some discussions with our LBA (aviation authority in germany), where even their own editors misinterpreted something on their webistes and corrected that afterwards.
4-3 03:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-3 03:46
Then please refer exactly to where you find it in the regulation 947/2019 or the associated AMC/GM.
Because nothing else is relevant, neither an interpretation by third parties nor even by EASA-Website-Editors in simple (and sometimes outdated) posts. You cannot rely on anything else but the regulation itself. For example I had some discussions with our LBA (aviation authority in germany), where even their own editors misinterpreted something on their webistes and corrected that afterwards.

This seems pretty clear to me.  Unless they update exception to it.

4-3 04:02
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

You're going in circles; that's not from the regulation, that's a screenshot from the post you originally linked to in #14.  
I've already commented on it above. Anyway, if you prefer to rely on that, then just fly only in A3. Knowing the regulation, I will be able to fly the Avata 2 like any other C1-drone in A1.
4-3 04:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-3 04:09
You're going in circles; that's not from the regulation, that's a screenshot from the post you originally linked to in #14.  
I've already commented on it above.
Anyway, if you prefer to rely on that, then just fly only in A3. Knowing the regulation, I will fly the Avata 2 like any other C1-drone in A1.

Good luck with that,   until they update the EASA rules I wont be flying like that when I visit EU.  It's already hard enough having to deal with the local deviations to the rules that I keep being told about.   Like NL not allowing night flights.  
4-3 04:21
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 04:21
Good luck with that, until they update the EASA rules I wont be flying like that ...

That's the point, I don't need any luck because there is no gut feeling involved. That's the difference between "knowing the rules" and "the rules that I keep being told about"
4-3 04:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-3 04:28
That's the point, I don't need any luck because there is no gut feeling involved. That's the difference between "knowing the rules" and "the rules that I keep being told about"

As long as you know the rules for flying while wearing goggles you'll fine then.
4-3 06:21
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1486450 ft
Sweden

Latest on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/sMnnuZdRYPmSnsUU/?mibextid=WC7FNe
4-3 12:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PerlanSwed Posted at 4-3 12:53
Latest on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/sMnnuZdRYPmSnsUU/?mibextid=WC7FNe

thx but the group is private,   is theres something new to know why not just post it here.
4-3 21:02
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not too long now
4-7 10:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed,   ABT already have it up for sale.
4-8 00:21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:21
Indeed,   ABT already have it up for sale.

I missed that.
4-8 00:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI might have deleted those posts.   it was listed on https://www.abt.com but they have now removed the listing,  not before of course we all posted the screen shots and specs.
4-8 06:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 06:12
DJI might have deleted those posts.   it was listed on https://www.abt.com but they have now removed the listing,  not before of course we all posted the screen shots and specs.

Ah ok. We'll just have to wait then.
4-8 06:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-8 06:13
Ah ok. We'll just have to wait then.

Theres some speculation from the FCC database listing that the O4 it will get is a new version that weve not seen before which could mean really good latency and penetration.
4-8 23:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 23:47
Theres some speculation from the FCC database listing that the O4 it will get is a new version that weve not seen before which could mean really good latency and penetration.

Oh nice.
That sounds interesting.
4-9 04:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-9 04:38
Oh nice.
That sounds interesting.

I was watching some YouTube that uses radio spectrum analysers to decode how the DJI radios work and he's quite excited by it.  
4-9 04:57
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-9 04:57
I was watching some YouTube that uses radio spectrum analysers to decode how the DJI radios work and he's quite excited by it.

Interesting stuff
4-9 05:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes and no,  he's a bit boring as a host IMHO.
4-9 05:06
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-9 05:06
Yes and no,  he's a bit boring as a host IMHO.

Ok, that does not help.
4-9 05:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules