Need some Advice/Info Dji
643 31 4-14 05:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
First Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

One of my Mini 2s has developed a problem where the Gimbal, after doing it's normal start up movements will angle itself to approximately 30-45 degrees tilt relevant to the straight horizon then come slowly back to straight. Then it will angle in the opposite direction about 30-45 degrees tilt before slowly coming back to the straight horizon again. After that it seems to fly quite normally. The aircraft is still under care refresh until June2024 so unless Dji can give me a solution to this issue I intend to contact support for a returns label to send the drone back for repair/replacement.
Aircraft Firmware   01.07.0200
RC   Firmware       04.11.0400
Dji Fly App             1.13.0
Fly Safe App Static   01.00.01.33
Fly Safe Aircraft Static   01.00.01.33

Aircraft Ser. No. 3Q43K58003L192
Flight Controller Ser. No. 3NZCH9F0031cen
Remote Controller Ser. No. 3QDCHAB0013VJ4
Camera Ser. No.  1SFOH860AB0H8U

Could one of the Dji Staff ie Paladin Gamorra or whoever please respond to my request. Thanks In Advance.
4-14 05:03
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you say tilt, do you mean in roll or in  pitch ? I guess roll because i think pitch is limited to somewhere around 20 deg upwards.  
4-14 05:14
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-14 05:14
When you say tilt, do you mean in roll or in  pitch ? I guess roll because i think pitch is limited to somewhere around 20 deg upwards.

Hi Sean. I meant in roll. It tilts the horizon at an angle on start-up after the initial Gimbal self check.
4-14 07:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, yogi053. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the behavior of the gimbal for us to further check? Thank you.
4-16 01:49
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 01:49
Hi there, yogi053. Sorry about the trouble. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the behavior of the gimbal for us to further check? Thank you.

Will do Tony, but I am a bit busy just now trying to learn how to fly the Avata 2. ( It is an age thing ). edit: Doesn't show I have one yet!
4-16 03:42
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 01:49

Hi Tony, contacted support, you tube clip showing issue sent to support for your perusal.
4-16 07:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-16 07:18
Hi Tony, contacted support, you tube clip showing issue sent to support for your perusal.

I see. It will be handled by the DJI Support. Feel free to keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
4-17 02:44
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 02:44
I see. It will be handled by the DJI Support. Feel free to keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.

Thanks for your reply Tony. Resent the video clip as support had a little problem viewing it.
(Resent using their link).
4-17 03:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-17 03:11
Thanks for your reply Tony. Resent the video clip as support had a little problem viewing it.
(Resent using their link).

We appreciate your update, yogi053. You can upload it to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then paste the link here. By the way, about your aircraft not appearing underneath your profile, was it activated using the same email you use in this forum? If so, please send me your email address and the serial number of the drone. We will fix it on our end. Thank you,
4-20 02:34
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-20 02:34
We appreciate your update, yogi053. You can upload it to YouTube or any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then paste the link here. By the way, about your aircraft not appearing underneath your profile, was it activated using the same email you use in this forum? If so, please send me your email address and the serial number of the drone. We will fix it on our end. Thank you,

Hi Tony, message sent to you direct. Cheers.
4-21 01:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-21 01:59
Hi Tony, message sent to you direct. Cheers.

Thank you for keeping me posted. I have already forwarded it to the relevant team to handle. Please let me know if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help. Cheers.
4-21 03:09
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 03:09
Thank you for keeping me posted. I have already forwarded it to the relevant team to handle. Please let me know if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help. Cheers.

I have been on to your team Tony and there is some confusion as to serial nos. and what is valid and what is not. The telephone support maintains the item is NOT valid for repair and I have emailed support with details requested ie. Serial No. and photograph of QR code inside battery case cover. What next? I did record the employee ID in my emails.
4-21 03:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-21 03:20
I have been on to your team Tony and there is some confusion as to serial nos. and what is valid and what is not. The telephone support maintains the item is NOT valid for repair and I have emailed support with details requested ie. Serial No. and photograph of QR code inside battery case cover. What next? I did record the employee ID in my emails.

Hi, Yogi. I sent you a DM. Please kindly check your messages. Thank you.
4-22 02:25
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 02:25
Hi, Yogi. I sent you a DM. Please kindly check your messages. Thank you.

Will do now.
4-22 02:27
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

FAO Dji Tony. Sent you a PM just now.
4-25 02:46
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

For info only. Still receiving emails from support. They are still investigating.
4-26 01:07
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

FAO Dji Gamora and Dji Tony.
Dji Gamora, I am happy with the operation of Speed Settings of my Avata 2 after receiving information and advice from Forum Members AJ, Dirty Bird and fichek.
Dji Tony, I am NOT happy with the messages coming from Dji Support and Dji Technical Support. (Emailed 3 different colleagues, Siti, Fares and Vinodh, 2 of them directly in Technical support.
Dji are asking me to fill out a survey on Customer Satisfaction just now but I don't think you would like my answers just now. Therefore, I will wait until the outcome of the Mini 2 problem.
4-28 22:44
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-28 22:44
Dji Gamora, I am happy with the operation of Speed Settings of my Avata 2 after receiving information and advice from Forum Members AJ, Dirty Bird and fichek.
Dji Tony, I am NOT happy with the messages coming from Dji Support and Dji Technical Support. (Emailed 3 different colleagues, Siti, Fares and Vinodh, 2 of them directly in Technical support.

Update; Dji still asking for photos of the drone in my possession. These have been sent, Again! and I am getting to the stage where I am asking if the Care Refresh 2 year plan that I just purchased for my Avata 2 is valid although I have it in writing. I'm saying this because as far as the Fly App is concerned it still shows my Mini 2 Care Refresh is valid until June 2024. If there is confusion with Serial Nos. then surely that is down to Dji's Record Keeping.  Really getting a bit 'hacked off' now. C'mon Dji please sort it out. NOW.
4-29 13:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-28 22:44

Hi, yogi053. We're sorry about the hassle. I'll forward this to our forward this concern the designated team. Thank you for your patience.
4-30 02:10
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 02:10
Hi, yogi053. We're sorry about the hassle. I'll forward this to our forward this concern the designated team. Thank you for your patience.

DM sent to you direct Tony.
4-30 06:04
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Now receiving emails from a 3rd person in Technical Support (Karen) asking for photographic evidence. Until this is sorted out I will NOT be commenting on this issue in the forum until the matter is settled. Emails to Dji Support and Technical support only from now on.
4-30 11:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-30 06:04
DM sent to you direct Tony.

Thank you for the update yogi053. I hope this gets resolved finally. We appreciate your patience.
5-1 02:51
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Using this thread to update the case of one of my Mini 2s having a gimbal problem. There is a story which will be revealed later but basically a replacement drone has been sent out which has the problem (after several tests) of not facing the Home Point when returning. It returns OK and you can adjust yaw and height whilst flying back. I have carried out RC cal, IMU cal, Compass cal and used 2 different mobile devices (IOS and Android). The thing is, I have another Mini 2 which operates perfectly when tested the same way as the replacement. Turns round whichever direction you initiate RTH and points directly to the Home Point BEFORE heading back. HAS ANYBODY ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE? This does not affect normal flying in anyway but it irks me having 2 aircraft not operating the same way. Pedantic, I know but....... Dji Customer Support, (Aurora), Telephoned me (Recorded by Dji), and asked if all was well. I informed her that I hadn't tested the drone at the time of her call but would do so after testing. So, having found this issue I emailed Customer Support marking it For Attention of Aurora. So, now awaiting further instructions. Sorry for the long winded comment but had to explain somehow.  
Watched youtuber We're the Roberts in the past where he had that same problem which was fixed? by removing and replacing compass app on his mobile device but as my other Mini 2 operates successfully with both Mobiles then I don't think this is the problem but reset compass on mobiles anyway. Still no joy.
5-15 23:01
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

This thread commenced on 14th April it is now 20th May and a final resolution is still to be found. Many emails have gone back and forth from myself and Dji. Not just Dji support, but also Dji Tecnical Support (4 different staff) AND Dji Customer Support. Over the last couple of days I have received at least 3 emails asking me to take part in a Customer Satisfaction Survey. Now before I vent exactly how I feel about the current situation do any of the Administrators wish to forward my comment to a Support Supervisor for their perusal. My patience is wearing thin!
5-21 07:35
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-1 02:51
Thank you for the update yogi053. I hope this gets resolved finally. We appreciate your patience.

FAO Dji Tony. Sent you a PM regarding state of affairs as of today.
5-22 07:35
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

I have replied to your PM Tony. The saga continues!
5-25 08:41
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Update for Dji Tony. Mini 2 just picked up by DHL for onward journey to the Netherlands.
5-28 07:17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-15 23:01
.....which has the problem (after several tests) of not facing the Home Point when returning. It returns OK and you can adjust yaw ......... HAS ANYBODY ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE?

I have read of drones RTHing whilst facing the wrong way, try a google. I might have actually also experienced it but I am not certain about that.
I have seen at least one relevant thread but I do not remember if it was here or mavicpilots, sorry. Posting the log of the troubled flight might be useful.
5-28 10:19
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-28 10:19
I have read of drones RTHing whilst facing the wrong way, try a google.
I have seen at least one thread but I do not remember if it was here or mavicpilots, sorry. Posting the log of the troubled flight might be useful.

It is a bit late for that Sean. I was going to keep it but opted to replace it as it was a replacement for my original with a gimbal fault. I did research the problem of flying back RTH facing the wrong way and I know I coud have yawed it any direction I wanted but Hey! Ho! opted to send it back as my other Mini 2 was perfect. On youtube there is a video clip (We're The Roberts) where he shows the fault and cured it by a compass calibration on his mobile. I tried that on 2 different mobile devices (IOS and Android) but it didn't work. Other Mini 2 was perfect again on both mobiles. So.......back it went today for further care refresh. (also carried out Calibrations on Drone compass, IMU etc etc.
5-28 10:32
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-28 10:32
It is a bit late for that Sean. I was going to keep it but opted to replace it as it was a replacement for my original with a gimbal fault. I did research the problem of flying back RTH facing the wrong way and I know I coud have yawed it any direction I wanted but Hey! Ho! opted to send it back as my other Mini 2 was perfect. On youtube there is a video clip (We're The Roberts) where he shows the fault and cured it by a compass calibration on his mobile. I tried that on 2 different mobile devices (IOS and Android) but it didn't work. Other Mini 2 was perfect again on both mobiles. So.......back it went today for further care refresh. (also carried out Calibrations on Drone compass, IMU etc etc.

Posting the log might still be useful.
5-28 11:41
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-28 11:41
Posting the log might still be useful.

When Gimbal fault appeared, the drone had less than 2 months care refresh of 2 years validity so opted to replace it.
I probably couldn't find the log anyway. I don' t bother looking at any of them.
5-28 22:43
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

It is now time to close this thread. It would take far too long to recount the outcome. I have taken the option of paying for a 1 year extention ( on the last day of validity) on the 2nd replacement drone which has the same fault as the 1st replacement Mini 2.Suffice to say, I've spent quite a bit of time and effort to have this matter resolved and athough not 100% satisfied it is time to end the matter.
6-7 07:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules