Crazy thoughts
371 11 4-15 06:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

Can we please have the 180 degree Drift and the wireless connect to another device (wireless display from the RC Pro to an Android phone) from the Avata 2, on the Mavic 3 drones?
Thank you.

4-15 06:13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want the reverse drift, why not just yaw the Mavic 3 and feed in reverse elevator as you yaw it ?
4-15 06:19
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-15 06:19
If you want the reverse drift, why not just yaw the Mavic 3 and feed in reverse elevator as you yaw it ?

Because that doesn't work on the new DJI drones any more. DJI are selling this 180 drift as some kind of special move, but we used to be able to fly like that, but now it's deemed too advanced and dangerous.

It also means that chase shots are nearly impossible to film if the object overtakes the drone, see this thread for what I mean:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=278891#pid2902437
4-15 10:40
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 4-15 10:40
Because that doesn't work on the new DJI drones any more ......  but we used to be able to fly like that, but now it's deemed too advanced and dangerous.

Seriously ??????
Gordon Bennett that is barmy.
Admittedly it would take practise to perfect but what is the objective ........ completely automated flights .... ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but .......
4-15 10:44
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-15 10:44
Seriously ??????
Gordon Bennett that is barmy.
Admittedly it would take practise to perfect but what is the objective ........ completely automated flights .... ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but .......

My guess is that DJI looked at the flight logs for crashes and saw this being a common issue of flying into things. If you take away the lateral speed when someone intends to make a sharp turn it avoids the pilot watching the screen and carrying on flying into something.

DJI call this 'feature' Coordinated Turn. It can be disabled on the M3E

4-15 10:56
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh just re read that "turn assist" thread, I recognised the gif.
I thought initially Fabrizooo's complaint was that the drone backed away from the path of the car and, relative to the path of the car, slowed down whilst yawing, then sped up again.
From the later posts I am left wondering was he complaining about mandatory "combined/coordinated turn"? Which I would like as a switchable option on my drones, lol.
Alex Markov used to do some wonderful videos with combined/coordinated turns using his FPV.
With combined/coordinated turns off, the path flight would be reminiscent of spinning a Mavic Mini etc. during RTH which is something I sometimes like to do and can, I think, be done on the M2P/Z I think if perhaps OA is disabled and something else switched on or off ..... or something like that,
4-15 11:22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-15 11:22
Ahh just re read that "turn assist" thread, I recognised the gif.
I thought initially Fabrizooo's complaint was that the drone backed away from the path of the car and, relative to the path of the car, slowed down whilst yawing, then sped up again.
From the later posts I am left wondering was he complaining about mandatory "combined/coordinated turn"? Which I would like as a switchable option on my drones, lol.

His complaint, which is the exact same as mine, is that when flying in any direction, it is now impossible (on newer DJI drones) for you to add yaw and complete a 180 turn whilst keeping the momentum of the drone.

Apparently not that many people had learned this move, so there are only a handful of us complaining about it. I first noticed it on the inaugural flight of the Mavic 3. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256237 Whilst it doesn't directly begin with the 180 turn, you'll see me begin to unravel the issue and realise that the drone can't do a 180 like the older ones.
4-15 13:38
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 4-15 13:38
His complaint, which is the exact same as mine, is that when flying in any direction, it is now impossible (on newer DJI drones) for you to add yaw and complete a 180 turn whilst keeping the momentum of the drone.

Apparently not that many people had learned this move, so there are only a handful of us complaining about it. I first noticed it on the inaugural flight of the Mavic 3. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256237 Whilst it doesn't directly begin with the 180 turn, you'll see me begin to unravel the issue and realise that the drone can't do a 180 like the older ones.

And is this because when the drone executes the turn it adds roll to act like an aroeplane executing a banked turn   .to prevent sideslip..... but in your usage you want the slideslip ?
4-15 14:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Have a nice day.
4-16 00:21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-15 14:09
And is this because when the drone executes the turn it adds roll to act like an aroeplane executing a banked turn   .to prevent sideslip..... but in your usage you want the slideslip ?

Exactly, the roll causes the drone to lose speed. Let's say I'm filming a car drag race and 100m away I'm hovering a drone facing directly at the car on the start line and intending to fly backwards and the car will pass directly under the drone. On the older drones, you could get up to top speed and be able to flip 180 at the moment the car drops out of sight under the drone (all at top speed) and carry on . This is no longer possible.

If I tried the above drag race shot with a newer DJI drone the drone would take so long to complete the turn that the car would be long gone, it's comical how slow it is by comparison.

It's hard to describe, but it is possible for a drone to fly in a perfectly straight line and yaw, rotating the drone through 360 degrees and still maintain a straight course (In fact IOC mode used to do this). Essentially, if you held a 100% left yaw, you can also match the rotation speed with the other hand and have the drone fly in a straight line. This wouldn't exactly yield a great shot, but 90-180 degrees of it can be used to either make a great chase shot or buy you another angle.

If you still have your Phantom drones and a newer Mavic or Mini (3 or newer) you can test it.

4-16 00:36
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 00:21
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Have a nice day.

Thank you
4-16 03:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us or the DJI support at http://www.dji.com/support, We appreciate your valued support.
4-17 02:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules