DJI_0249.00_03_37_02.Still016.jpg
4-16 04:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot and some nice walking trails.  Is it safe to assume those are for walkers only and not bicyclers?
4-16 04:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6639219 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-16 04:54
Great shot and some nice walking trails.  Is it safe to assume those are for walkers only and not bicyclers?

Yes they are supposed to be walking trails. That is a small section of it. Lots of area to walk through.
4-16 06:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-16 06:09
Yes they are supposed to be walking trails. That is a small section of it. Lots of area to walk through.

I was just asking because some areas here have a walkers only area and others have trails where both walkers and bikers can use them.  It does get a bit confusing if you enter the trails anywhere but at the start or finish of the trails.  Maybe better and more signage would be the fix here.  
4-16 06:15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love a good walking trail
4-16 09:29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Look like roads to me. Nice though.
4-16 09:29
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 16265446 ft
United Kingdom

Does look a really great place for a stroll - nice pic
4-16 13:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 4-16 13:13

It was a toxic dump years ago and now it's a place for people to walk through.
4-16 14:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
4-16 23:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Great shot and some nice walking trails.  Is it safe to assume those are for walkers only and not bicyclers?

The parks department uses the larger roads to drive on then the walking trails are supposed to beforew alking. I haven't seen bikes on them but they doesn't mean they don't use them. There are many places they don't allow bike and people ride anyway.
4-17 02:20
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Every time i post something here I learn something new. According to the aArks department :

The trail offers encounters with Staten Island wildlife such as birds, snails, bugs, and snakes. It is perfect for jogging, walking dogs, biking, and roller skating. The perimeter loop is fully paved and great for outdoor activities, with one reviewer noting that their dog enjoyed the trail.
4-17 02:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
4-17 02:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 4-16 13:13

Thank you.
4-17 02:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its my pleasure.     
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-16 09:29
Look like roads to me. Nice though.

They are.. Nothing fancy. Not allot to look at either.
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 02:20
The parks department uses the larger roads to drive on then the walking trails are supposed to beforew alking. I haven't seen bikes on them but they doesn't mean they don't use them. There are many places they don't allow bike and people ride anyway.

It can get confusing here at times.  Some trails specifically state Walkers only.  Others say bicycles only.  However, you usually find somebody on the wrong trail or just doesn't give a crap what the sign says.  I almost got run over one day by a speeding golf cart on a walker only trail.  We weren't even near a golf course so that lazy individual was just out for a ride.
4-17 06:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 02:22
Every time i post something here I learn something new. According to the aArks department :

The trail offers encounters with Staten Island wildlife such as birds, snails, bugs, and snakes. It is perfect for jogging, walking dogs, biking, and roller skating. The perimeter loop is fully paved and great for outdoor activities, with one reviewer noting that their dog enjoyed the trail.

Ahh, so that is a multi-use trail for sure.  I guess when you have enough green areas with wide trails you can just open it up for general use.  
4-17 06:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:39
It can get confusing here at times.  Some trails specifically state Walkers only.  Others say bicycles only.  However, you usually find somebody on the wrong trail or just doesn't give a crap what the sign says.  I almost got run over one day by a speeding golf cart on a walker only trail.  We weren't even near a golf course so that lazy individual was just out for a ride.

It's funny that people just do what they want here.
4-17 09:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 09:31

Way too many scofflaws in my opinion.
4-18 03:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 09:31

Did pretty good but didn't win the pistol tournament yesterday.  I came in 2nd place out of 120 entrants.  I hoped to get #1 but at least I beat out 4 shooters that are sponsored by major gun or ammo manufacturers and travel to at least a major tournament each month.  In any case was nice to meet a lot of fellow shooters.  One of the competitors I met also heads up his law enforcement agencies drone team.  I had an interesting conversation with him about remoteID and the Karens that we encounter on occasion.
4-18 03:47
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 03:47
Did pretty good but didn't win the pistol tournament yesterday.  I came in 2nd place out of 120 entrants.  I hoped to get #1 but at least I beat out 4 shooters that are sponsored by major gun or ammo manufacturers and travel to at least a major tournament each month.  In any case was nice to meet a lot of fellow shooters.  One of the competitors I met also heads up his law enforcement agencies drone team.  I had an interesting conversation with him about remoteID and the Karens that we encounter on occasion.

Congrats on your ranking. There are more and more emergency service people becoming drone fans. It's nice to see
4-18 04:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 03:45
Way too many scofflaws in my opinion.

Understood. NY is filled with petty laws that people don't want to follow. The permit process here for drones is downright impossible. Almost no one follows it. to get a gun permit of any kind here you have to be a magician.
4-18 04:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 04:06
Congrats on your ranking. There are more and more emergency service people becoming drone fans. It's nice to see

Thanks Charles.  The good news is this Supervisor does a lot of drone education to the member's of his law enforcement agency.  So when they respond to a drone nuisance call they are "armed" with information to diffuse the situation and to educate the person doing all the calling.  He said that 80% of the calls are from people who have zero understanding of drone rules and the worse ones are HOA reps.  He said they are hard headed and always very argumentative.  His hardest sale is to get the HOA reps to understand they do NOT own the air space above their community.  So at least we know we have a few pro-drone advocates out there.
4-18 04:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 04:10
Understood. NY is filled with petty laws that people don't want to follow. The permit process here for drones is downright impossible. Almost no one follows it. to get a gun permit of any kind here you have to be a magician.

Why have a process at all if it is next to impossible to get approval.  Nevermind, I know the answer to that.

I can somewhat understand the gun permit issue, especially in lieu of the population density and the diversity of the people who live there.  Unfortunately, that does not stop the bad guys from getting guns.  
4-18 04:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:36
Thanks Charles.  The good news is this Supervisor does a lot of drone education to the member's of his law enforcement agency.  So when they respond to a drone nuisance call they are "armed" with information to diffuse the situation and to educate the person doing all the calling.  He said that 80% of the calls are from people who have zero understanding of drone rules and the worse ones are HOA reps.  He said they are hard headed and always very argumentative.  His hardest sale is to get the HOA reps to understand they do NOT own the air space above their community.  So at least we know we have a few pro-drone advocates out there.

That's always the story. When I get someone who complains when I am doing a real estate shoot, I tell them I will be down in a couple of minute and I'll talk to them. If you're kind and courteous the situation can be de-escalated but once in a while you get someone who is downright upset and wants you down immediately. .
4-18 04:50
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:40
Why have a process at all if it is next to impossible to get approval.  Nevermind, I know the answer to that.

I can somewhat understand the gun permit issue, especially in lieu of the population density and the diversity of the people who live there.  Unfortunately, that does not stop the bad guys from getting guns.

With NYC it was a matter of the fact that a production company sued them and won. If they didn't put together a legal process the suits would have kept coming. But to require security plans, privacy plans and public postings and notifications, 30 day notice. a $150.00 application fee that is kept for acceptance or refusal. among a few other hoops you have to jump through, It's easier to take the fine. I would rather do it right, but how? I am coming up on a city project where this process is required and I'm getting ready to submit some applications. There is one person in charge of approvals. It will be a major challenge.
4-18 04:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 04:50
That's always the story. When I get someone who complains when I am doing a real estate shoot, I tell them I will be down in a couple of minute and I'll talk to them. If you're kind and courteous the situation can be de-escalated but once in a while you get someone who is downright upset and wants you down immediately. .

Glad I don't have to worry about HOAs and for the most part Karens as my closest neighbor is right at a mile away.  I do most of my flying right above my own 150+ acres.  The beaches are always so crowded that I try to avoid flying there.  My grandson was doing a school project for his STEM class and it was on school property and after school and with the Principal's permission.  An adult driving by stopped to yell at him that he was not allowed to fly there and to get the hell out immediately.  Of course, he followed the guy's "orders" but quickly turned the drone toward the guy's car as he pulled off and got his license plate before he landed.  He reported the incident to the Principal the next morning and the Principal relayed the information to the school's police officer.  Seems this adult has deemed himself the local bully as he has yelled at kids on school property several times.  They are going to keep the video as evidence and turn it over to local police if this guy continues to act inappropriately with the school kids.  I sure wish I knew who this idiot was.  I'd invite him to go scuba diving with me.  
4-18 07:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 04:53
With NYC it was a matter of the fact that a production company sued them and won. If they didn't put together a legal process the suits would have kept coming. But to require security plans, privacy plans and public postings and notifications, 30 day notice. a $150.00 application fee that is kept for acceptance or refusal. among a few other hoops you have to jump through, It's easier to take the fine. I would rather do it right, but how? I am coming up on a city project where this process is required and I'm getting ready to submit some applications. There is one person in charge of approvals. It will be a major challenge.

Good luck with getting your approval under that process.  
4-18 07:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 07:03
Good luck with getting your approval under that process.

From what I understand it's rare.
4-18 09:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 09:40
From what I understand it's rare.

Going to be hard to do a job for the city when they wont issue permission.
4-19 06:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 06:06
Going to be hard to do a job for the city when they want issue permission.

I spoke with them yesterday and they will let me fly without applying. Makes it lots easier.
4-19 14:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-19 14:47
I spoke with them yesterday and they will let me fly without applying. Makes it lots easier.

That's great news.  
4-20 03:45
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice capture
5-9 11:44
Use props
BetterBizTech