257 1 4-16 05:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Some interesting discoveries on my first flights with the Avata 2 and the Motion 3.

• The Avata 2 will not power on if its USB lead is connected to a Mac. Have not tried with a PC. You have to power on and then connect to do DJI Assistant 2 to do updates.
  • The Camera low light is amazing. MY flight around my back yard included a foray into my basement storage room that has a side door at lower ground level. I flew it into the room and  was inspecting what was stored there but the lights were switched off. The video in the goggles was quite bright and I had no issue flying it around the room. All of a sudden it complained that it had no GPS lock and started drifting then crashed. I thought to myself gee I would have thought that the optical flow would have prevented it from drifting and crashing. When i went to retrieve it I discovered i could not see anything in the room as it was so dark. No wonder it could not use optical flow. I could only find the drone as the flashing red light was visible in the dark. Amazing low light capability of the drone camera. It is illegal to fly this drone after dark in Australia.

I really like this drone.

4-16 05:30
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3190089 ft
Germany

same on PC, you have to power on for DJI Assistant, otherwise it's just recognized as a mass storage.
It's same behaviour like Air 3 and Mini 4.
4-16 07:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules