microSD card
576 11 5-3 08:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
Flight distance : 632428 ft
United States

Made the mistake of just ordering couple 32GB cards.  They filled up fast.  Set up to record "Both" and auto.  

The card in the Avata 2 filled up during a flight and the recording stopped.  Did not over write.  Normal?  The card in the Goggle3 was reformated a couple flights earlier and still had capacity left.  Unsure if the G3 over writes if card is full.  Purchased the lower capacity card just to record last moments in case of lost drone.  But I'm a bit lazy and would prefer to reformat as little as possible.  Ordering couple 128 or 256GB cards.

The DJI list of recommended cards note the Kingston Canvas Go Plus 128 and for a 256GB card the Kingston Canvas React Plus.  Problem is Kingston site doesn't list the 256 card in the microSD size.  Anyone using the Canvas Go Plus 256?
5-3 08:57
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got a sandisk extreme pro 128gb for the Avata 2 and a sandisk extreme 64gb for the goggles 3. Both offer plenty of space.
5-3 09:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When DJI Avata 2 and DJI Goggles 3 are powered on and linked, open the goggles menu, and navigate to Settings > Camera > Storage to modify the storage location. If no microSD card is inserted into the drone, the internal storage is utilized by default. However, if a microSD card is inserted, it automatically becomes the default storage. In the event that the microSD card storage reaches capacity or you prefer to save footage in the internal storage, manual switching is necessary. Please note that automatic switching of the storage location is not supported.

When DJI Avata 2 and DJI Goggles 3 are powered on and linked, access the goggles menu and navigate to Settings > Camera > Format to initiate the formatting of either the microSD card or internal storage. Please remember that before proceeding with the formatting, it is crucial to store and create backups of your data to prevent any potential loss of data.
5-3 23:18
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
United States

Does the drone's internal storage when full just stop recording or does it over write?
5-4 10:10
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

OldGuy2024 Posted at 5-4 10:10
Does the drone's internal storage when full just stop recording or does it over write?

Just stops.
5-4 11:25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

This isn't a dash cam where you are constantly recording, quickly run out of space, don't mind losing unnecessary or unwanted footage that you havent "locked in."  Usually the videos and photos you take with your drone, you *want* them and don't want to lose them.  Imagine the complaints if good footage was inadvertently lost to worthless media without the flyer's consent.  You will never see the overwrite option as the default and you will barely see it as an option in an ordinary consumer drone from several reasons 1) a drone can only fly for so long, less than an hour, therefore the pilot has to take some responsibility 2) inexpensive large media files are readily available these days, there is no excuse for running out of room and 3) some manufacturers believe less is better, with so many options and choices already available, it's getting to the point we need to use the 80/20 rule which means if 80% of the customers will never use it once, might want to think about omitting it or putting it under advanced.  this option isn't a switch where you use it sometimes and sometimes you dont; generally you set it and forget it which means it probably shouldnt be an "option."
5-4 12:03
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a quick reminder - You mention that your card in the drone had filled up but your goggles still had plenty of room. The resolution on the drone recordings can be changed from low res to high res (4k). The goggles are fixed at only 1080. If your drone was set to 4k, then it would fill up much faster than your goggles storage would. If you fly and record a lot, don't worry about what brand of card, get the largest you can afford and if you find the price of V90 cards expensive, V60 will get the job done at 4k. If you are only recording 1080 or low frame rate 4k, then V30 will work just fine. For solid price vs performance, I would put a V30 in the goggles and a V60/V90 in the drone. Personally, I use V60 in my Avata 2 with V30 in the goggles and V90 in my Air 3. Hope that helps!
5-6 21:25
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
United States

Have the resolution set at whatever the defaults are.  Was just off sync with the cards.  Re-formated both cards and internal storage before last session.  IIRC, switched the drones storage to "internal".   Will be back to off sync again when switching to card.  Or just format everything again.  Somewhere at this forum someone noted they put the 512GB card in their Avata2 to record at 4k and 256GB card in their goggles.
That would be my option if recording in 4K.

FPV for me is flying v. video recording.  Recording a record for "just in case".  Situations like "find my drone" needs.  Glitch if it happens.  4K quality is nice, but not really needed.  Need to be careful.  State Ordinance that makes it a misdemeanor to audio or video record anyone without their consent.  On the books since pre-pandemic days.  Why I only fly over my very rural private property and with consent my neighbors orchard. People in this region have a negative view regarding "drones".   A year or so ago a certain person shot down a persons DJI when it flew over their property.  Not legal.  Like shooting your neighbors dog if it ventures onto your property.  Person has extremely deep pockets and "influence".  DJI owner is toast.  Legal costs.  Maybe charged with the misdemeanor.  
5-7 06:19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OldGuy2024 Posted at 5-7 06:19
Have the resolution set at whatever the defaults are.  Was just off sync with the cards.  Re-formated both cards and internal storage before last session.  IIRC, switched the drones storage to "internal".   Will be back to off sync again when switching to card.  Or just format everything again.  Somewhere at this forum someone noted they put the 512GB card in their Avata2 to record at 4k and 256GB card in their goggles.
That would be my option if recording in 4K.

There's nowhere reasonable in America where a drone can fly in which a talking person cannot have their audio recorded (in public where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy) unless you live in one of those really hardcore states where their only goal is to find something to prosecute you with even if it won't stick.  Regardless, I don't think Avata records audio.
There's certainly nowhere in America where you need someone's consent to video record them in public; this isn't Germany.
5-7 11:15
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
United States

It's the interpretation of the person or persons being recorded and the authorities of what reasonable expectation of privacy is.  FAA may have jurisdiction of air space over private property.  But to not get permission from the owners and not only flying over their property and record them is an issue.  Interpret the ordinance as you want to.  Just watch out for the shooters up here.

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 6.55.41 PM.png
5-7 16:05
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OldGuy2024 Posted at 5-7 16:05
It's the interpretation of the person or persons being recorded and the authorities of what reasonable expectation of privacy is.  FAA may have jurisdiction of air space over private property.  But to not get permission from the owners and not only flying over their property and record them is an issue.  Interpret the ordinance as you want to.  Just watch out for the shooters up here.

You said "It's the interpretation of the person or persons being recorded and the authorities of what reasonable expectation of privacy is."

Negative.

5-7 17:06
Use props
DACP071690
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106457 ft

Colombia

Hello. I need help. I recently bought the googles 3 and already paired it and flighted with the mini 4 pro. I already put a micro sd card to the googles, formatted it and put advanced camera settings to record on "both" the drone and the goggles. However I want to watch the videos of screen recording with the goggles where all the parameters (height, speed, distance, battery life, etc) appear. However when I connect the goggles with the usb c cable to my MacBook Air, I see the sd card folder but I don't see any of the recordings of the goggles. Please help how can I access the videos of screen recording on the goggles and export them? thanks
5-13 05:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules