168 24 5-5 04:06
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nature Reclaimed. this is landfill that will be turned into a park shortly. It is one of the garbage dumps that can be seen from space. The Great Kills landfill was a toxic dump that NYC used for it's refuge It wall be the Largest Park in NYS when finished. This is just the tip of it.

DJI_0114.jpg
5-5 04:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot Charles.  Great to see that nature has reclaimed that land.  Even better that people will be able to enjoy it as a park.  It does appear that is going to be a monumental project to turn it into a park.  
5-5 08:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 08:38
Nice shot Charles.  Great to see that nature has reclaimed that land.  Even better that people will be able to enjoy it as a park.  It does appear that is going to be a monumental project to turn it into a park.

I have kayaked through the place where they will have kayak rentals. It has taken years so fay and the building hasn't started yet. According to this link it is slated to be ready in 2036 and will be the second largest park in NYC.
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/worl ... st-park-in-nyc-open
5-5 09:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-5 09:00
I have kayaked through the place where they will have kayak rentals. It has taken years so fay and the building hasn't started yet. According to this link it is slated to be ready in 2036 and will be the second largest park in NYC.
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/worlds-largest-landfill-largest-park-in-nyc-open

Now that's quite the extensive plan spanning 12 years.  I guess they factored in items such as weather delays, funding shortfalls, and other unknowns.  I applaud them as this will be an amazing project when completed and no doubt needed for use by those who live in that area.  More green space is always a good thing.
5-5 09:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 09:26
Now that's quite the extensive plan spanning 12 years.  I guess they factored in items such as weather delays, funding shortfalls, and other unknowns.  I applaud them as this will be an amazing project when completed and no doubt needed for use by those who live in that area.  More green space is always a good thing.

Don't forget planning inneptness and NYC red tape. Our parks department barely gets out of their own way.
5-5 10:22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely spot!
5-5 10:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It's my safe spot to check out new equipment and maneuvers. When I buy something I can test it their. No people that will complain and no red tape because it's a Fria and you don't have to use a remote ID module.
5-5 10:47
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-5 10:47
It's my safe spot to check out new equipment and maneuvers. When I buy something I can test it their. No people that will complain and no red tape because it's a Fria and you don't have to use a remote ID module.

Interesting that someone took the time/effort to apply for a fria!
5-5 11:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 5-5 11:41
Interesting that someone took the time/effort to apply for a fria!

It's an AMA field that I used to be President of. We have about 50 members. It used to be over 100. It's dying out since COVID. It's a great place to fly and test things out.
5-5 14:25
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-5 14:25
It's an AMA field that I used to be President of. We have about 50 members. It used to be over 100. It's dying out since COVID. It's a great place to fly and test things out.

5-5 21:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gosh.  that could be local to me with that look about it.      The UK seems to be doing this more and more too.
5-5 23:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-5 10:22
Don't forget planning inneptness and NYC red tape. Our parks department barely gets out of their own way.

5-6 02:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 23:04
gosh.  that could be local to me with that look about it.      The UK seems to be doing this more and more too.

What else can you do with it. It's better than a dump.
5-6 03:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-6 03:49
What else can you do with it. It's better than a dump.

Theres an old victorian land fill in my town that used to catch fire under ground every summer without fail,   They fenced it off to keep people out as the fires created voids underground that you could fall through,  and it got soo dangerous that the fire brigade wont go in there anymore.  Luckily theres been no fires for a few years now.  The smell was horrible when there was.  
5-6 04:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 04:12
Theres an old victorian land fill in my town that used to catch fire under ground every summer without fail,   They fenced it off to keep people out as the fires created voids underground that you could fall through,  and it got soo dangerous that the fire brigade wont go in there anymore.  Luckily theres been no fires for a few years now.  The smell was horrible when there was.

We used to have spots where snow never accumulated on our airfield. I would bet there were underground fires or methane there.
5-6 04:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-6 04:32
We used to have spots where snow never accumulated on our airfield. I would bet there were underground fires or methane there.

Now that is a curious mystery.  But if it's near that the land fill that could easily be it.  
5-6 04:37
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 04:37
Now that is a curious mystery.  But if it's near that the land fill that could easily be it.

I thought it was just hot toxic waste.
5-6 08:37
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely shot - Chalres is it?

Andy
5-6 23:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-6 23:10
Lovely shot - Chalres is it?

Andy

Thank You.
5-7 17:20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
5-7 21:43
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always great to see Nature winning back land that we have scarred.
5-8 23:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-8 23:40
Always great to see Nature winning back land that we have scarred.

Agreed. This has taken30 years and will take another 10 to be usable.
5-9 02:43
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great shot.
It always 'amazes' me how ignorant we have been.
5-19 04:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-19 04:29
Great shot.
It always 'amazes' me how ignorant we have been.

Under Webster's dictionary the word consume means to destroy. As consumers we are always destroying.
5-19 04:40
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 04:40
Under Webster's dictionary the word consume means to destroy. As consumers we are always destroying.

Oh wow, that is a good explanation.
Very true unfortunately.
5-19 04:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules