Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same camera settings as the last video.
Cool but a bit gimmicky for me. Never mind - FPV RC3 being delivered Friday...

5-7 05:56
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm surprised that the roll takes a bit of time leveling out. Maybe that's good as freestyle pilot mostly don't hit the starting point exactly either.  I think a roll might be nice in a tight environment
5-7 07:16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-7 07:16
I'm surprised that the roll takes a bit of time leveling out. Maybe that's good as freestyle pilot mostly don't hit the starting point exactly either.  I think a roll might be nice in a tight environment

I can see this adding a nice effect in slow mo at 120p and yeah, will be cool in proximity flying but out in the open like this it felt like I was flying a toy which the Avata 2 clearly is not.
5-7 07:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems to work quite well though,   could make a cool transition effect.  
5-7 23:21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:21
Seems to work quite well though,   could make a cool transition effect.

It has it uses and I think 180 drifts could look really cool but I'd rather learn to do this myself given time. I think I had my finger pulled to the left and right too long when doing rolls.
5-7 23:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-7 23:25
It has it uses and I think 180 drifts could look really cool but I'd rather learn to do this myself given time. I think I had my finger pulled to the left and right too long when doing rolls.

Still it looks pretty cool.
5-7 23:59
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:59
Still it looks pretty cool.

It's also a lot of fun - it's important to remember to have that too with these things (as I'm learning to switch off GPS lol)
5-8 00:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-8 00:42
It's also a lot of fun - it's important to remember to have that too with these things (as I'm learning to switch off GPS lol)

Im having fun being faster than the speed boats out there.
5-8 00:46
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 00:46
Im having fun being faster than the speed boats out there.

I noticed that lol IS that sport mode (36mph) - have you hit 60+mph yet?
5-8 00:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-8 00:54
I noticed that lol IS that sport mode (36mph) - have you hit 60+mph yet?

Ive only hit 45mph myself,  I still have the guard rails turned on.
5-8 01:27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 01:27
Ive only hit 45mph myself,  I still have the guard rails turned on.

Sensible mate - no need to rush. You'll just crash and despite that being the norm to some who were given the drones it's something I will do my best to avoid
5-8 02:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-8 02:17
Sensible mate - no need to rush. You'll just crash and despite that being the norm to some who were given the drones it's something I will do my best to avoid

Exactly,  Im keeping them on for now as they will stop me going upside down.   And accelerating towards the ground would be bad.  
5-8 02:20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 02:20
Exactly,  Im keeping them on for now as they will stop me going upside down.   And accelerating towards the ground would be bad.

Imagine that - a 60+mph -80degree nose dive from 400' AGL - say to Avata 2
5-8 02:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Already got some rolls going.  
5-8 12:55
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 12:55
Already got some rolls going.

Thats all done by the drone - literally nothing more than pressing a button.
Yet to start in manual
5-8 13:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-8 13:03
Thats all done by the drone - literally nothing more than pressing a button.
Yet to start in manual

Was that what they call Easy Acro?  
5-8 13:34
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 13:34
Was that what they call Easy Acro?

Yes mate - that's exactly what it is. All controlled by the drones software.
5-8 13:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-8 13:52
Yes mate - that's exactly what it is. All controlled by the drones software.

Okay, good to know.  Still trying to learn even though I still can't fly FPV.  They do say knowledge is power.
5-8 14:13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 14:13
Okay, good to know.  Still trying to learn even though I still can't fly FPV.  They do say knowledge is power.

It very much is mate
I do think if you sat down wearing the goggles it may help. It's honestly so much fun and so easy with the motion controller. Get your grandsons mate to teach you
5-8 14:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-8 02:26
Imagine that - a 60+mph -80degree nose dive from 400' AGL - say  to Avata 2

It's a shame the guard rails are not configurable as with them on at full speed it just wants to climb and of course at 396ft M mode automatically disables.  
5-8 22:29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 22:29
It's a shame the guard rails are not configurable as with them on at full speed it just wants to climb and of course at 396ft M mode automatically disables.

I've seen FPV pilots getting frustrated when flying to mountain peeks and being restricted at 500m with manual switching to normal and taking about a minute to readjust.

Do you know if manual also switches to normal when the low battery countdown starts?

I'm also a bit concerned that double pressing the start/stop button in mid air while in manual cuts the motors to enforce a crash land.
5-9 00:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-9 00:27
I've seen FPV pilots getting frustrated when flying to mountain peeks and being restricted at 500m with manual switching to normal and taking about a minute to readjust.

Do you know if manual also switches to normal when the low battery countdown starts?

You dont press start top in mid air to switch to manual. you switch from N -> S -> M on the three way switch on the back of the remote left hand side.   Pause button left hand side will get you out of trouble.

You will need to go into the the controller settings and change the mode switch from sport to manual to activate Manual mode being selectable.
5-9 00:33
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 00:33
You dont press start top in mid air to switch to manual. you switch from N -> S -> M on the three way switch on the back of the remote left hand side.   Pause button left hand side will get you out of trouble.

You will need to go into the the controller settings and change the mode switch from sport to manual to activate Manual mode being selectable.

I know how to switch to manual. My point is that when already flying in manual if you press the start/stop button twice in quick succession that will cut your motors mid flight. That is what concerns me.
5-9 00:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-9 00:39
When already flying in manual if you press the start/stop button twice in quick succession that will cut your motors mid flight. That is what concerns me.

Im not sure,   in other modes does nothing I know that.
5-9 00:46
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 00:33
You dont press start top in mid air to switch to manual. you switch from N -> S -> M on the three way switch on the back of the remote left hand side.   Pause button left hand side will get you out of trouble.

This is what I'm referring to from the DJI RC3 manual and really concerns me as that button is just below the shutter/record button and could easily be pressed a couple of times by accident:

5-9 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-9 00:47
This is what I'm referring to from the DJI RC3 manual and really concerns me as that button is just below the shutter/record button and could easily be pressed a couple of times by accident:

[view_image]

Id steer clear of double pressing that button then,
5-9 00:48
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 00:48
Id steer clear of double pressing that button then,

Exactly.
In normal/sport mode you need to do a CSC while the drone is malfunctioning to cut the motors but in manual you just press that start/stop button twice and you're coming down.

If you press the start/stop once in normal/sport mode is cancels the low battery RTH countdown without breaking the drones speed. Once RTH is initiated you need to press the pause button to cancel RTH.
5-9 00:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-8 14:30
It very much is mate  
I do think if you sat down wearing the goggles it may help. It's honestly so much fun and so easy with the motion controller. Get your grandsons mate to teach you

I've tried sitting on the ground, sitting on a chair and even sitting on a nice flat rock and it didn't help one bit.  When my grandson's friend brought his Avata 2 over I was able to get it up but about 1 minute into the flight then vertigo hit and nothing I did stopped it other than taking off the goggles.  He took over the flight and no harm was done to the Avata 2.  I've had all sorts of medical tests done but none indicate why I  experience this issue when wearing the FPV goggles. I also experienced the same effect when wearing night vision goggles.  Seems it is either ocular or brain related.   
5-9 02:32
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 02:32
I've tried sitting on the ground, sitting on a chair and even sitting on a nice flat rock and it didn't help one bit.  When my grandson's friend brought his Avata 2 over I was able to get it up but about 1 minute into the flight then vertigo hit and nothing I did stopped it other than taking off the goggles.  He took over the flight and no harm was done to the Avata 2.  I've had all sorts of medical tests done but none indicate why I  experience this issue when wearing the FPV goggles. I also experienced the same effect when wearing night vision goggles.  Seems it is either ocular or brain related.

Such a shame man but I was speaking with a guy ealrier who was flying model planes and he too could not fly FPV for that reason. It's strange as I have a massive phobia of heights but this doesn't seem to bother me.
5-9 05:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 05:48
Such a shame man but I was speaking with a guy ealrier who was flying model planes and he too could not fly FPV for that reason. It's strange as I have a massive phobia of heights but this doesn't seem to bother me.

It is very strange, especially since my scuba dive goggles don't effect me negatively in any way.  Oh well, it is what it is.  
5-9 12:45
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 12:45
It is very strange, especially since my scuba dive goggles don't effect me negatively in any way.  Oh well, it is what it is.

Scuba diving freaked me out far more - especially when training in the pool and having to breath under water for the first time
5-9 12:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 12:50
Scuba diving freaked me out far more - especially when training in the pool and having to breath under water for the first time

I've only been freaked out once while scuba diving and that was in my one and only cave dive.  That environment is way to dangerous, even for those certified in cave diving.  I don't mind go inside old wrecks, etc, but I draw the line at cave diving.  Never again.  
5-9 13:09
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:09
I've only been freaked out once while scuba diving and that was in my one and only cave dive.  That environment is way to dangerous, even for those certified in cave diving.  I don't mind go inside old wrecks, etc, but I draw the line at cave diving.  Never again.

That would be my worst nightmare! I'm guessing it was pitch black down there
5-9 13:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 13:14
That would be my worst nightmare! I'm guessing it was pitch black down there

You couldn't see your own hand right in front of your face mask.  I had to take the air tank off my back and put it through the tight passage in front of me. It did open up quite a bit after that.  However, to get out of the cave I had to go back through that same super narrow passageway.  
5-9 13:32
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:32
You couldn't see your own hand right in front of your face mask.  I had to take the air tank off my back and put it through the tight passage in front of me. It ddi open up quite a bit after that.  However, to get out of the cave I had to go back through that same super narrow passageway.

Sounds like a sketch out of a horror film! No wonder it was the first and last time
5-9 13:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 13:36
Sounds like a sketch out of a horror film! No wonder it was the first and last time

I'm just too risk averse for cave diving.  My will to live is just too strong.  
5-9 13:47
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:47
I'm just too risk averse for cave diving.  My will to live is just too strong.

Survival instincts and intelligence can get in the way sometimes lol
5-9 13:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 13:51

It's always a great thing when they interfere with dumb or unsafe plans.  
5-9 13:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-9 13:51

Well, it's beer thirty here so I'm heading off the forum to have a beer or two or three....
5-9 13:53
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:53
Well, it's beer thirty here so I'm heading off the forum to have a beer or two or three....

Have four - I'm off to bed. Take it easy mate and speak soon
5-9 13:56
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules