337 12 5-10 05:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Two of the same video - one from the Goggles 3 (1080p) showing flight info without stabilisation (below) and one from the Avata 2 (4K/30 rendered to 1080P) with EIS (Rocksteady3) which I've added to works/nature section as the videos were playing together on the same upload.
ND16 used

First time doing full manual with manual flips and spins - this was anything but 'easy acro' when the drone is flying at 45mph lol. Cruising at over 50mph was also a lot of fun and even touched on 60MPH. Did three flights in full manual today with no crashes and hardly used pause. It is all starting to click after just a handful of manual flights and some sim work. I think the real difficulty here is when you fly low - that will take some serious practice over time but pleased I am now finally flying without the training wheels on!

5-10 05:46
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice flight. I have a hard time getting used to manual flight.
5-10 07:51
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 5-10 07:51
Nice flight. I have a hard time getting used to manual flight.

I had a few moments for sure lol - high altitude flying (200 to 400' AGL) at first makes it a lot easier as does practicing on a sim. I will find it very hard at low altitude - I'll switch to n/s mode when flying low I think (for now)
5-10 08:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one AJ,  and congrats on the roll.  
5-10 19:52
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 19:52
Nice one AJ,  and congrats on the roll.

Cheers DA
5-10 21:35
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice flying Aj. Those rolls will make me sick if I had to do them.
5-11 22:12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-11 22:12
Nice flying Aj. Those rolls will make me sick if I had to do them.

They took my breath away mate - never did it before and wasn't certain what to expect. Half expected to fall out the sky. If you end the flip pointing downward (in a split second) the drone will dive to the ground so you need to be high up to compensate or have your rates tuned perfectly for your skills to end the flip in a perfect 360 rotation to the horizon. You literally control everything in full manual: throttle, pitch, yaw and roll to determine speed, altitude, direction and rotation all of which require constant micro adjustment while the drone is flying at up to 60mph. Not to mention wearing goggles too. I am very pleased with how my maiden acro flights went overall - great start to proper FPV as seen so many crash at this stage. It is a lot harder than it looks.
5-11 22:50
Use props
Dronep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710381 ft
Austria

Congratulations, it really looks easy when someone else doing those tricks. Happy and safe flying.
5-16 00:00
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronep Posted at 5-16 00:00
Congratulations, it really looks easy when someone else doing those tricks. Happy and safe flying.

It actually is quite easy but equally nerve racking - even now I still think the drone will fall.
5-16 00:18
Use props
Dronep
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 5-16 00:18
It actually is quite easy but equally nerve racking - even now I still think the drone will fall.

Never been in FPV world and I'm still wondering should i jump in and if yes what should be my first drone. All seems to be so fragile.
5-16 21:49
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronep Posted at 5-16 21:49
Never been in FPV world and I'm still wondering should i jump in and if yes what should be my first drone. All seems to be so fragile.

Only you can decide that but I have no regrets is going down this route myself!
The Avata 2 is the only FPV drone I have ever flown and probably the best to learn on due to all of the safety features such as pause button/air brake, RTH etc They are also the least fragile of DJI drones.
5-16 22:34
Use props
Dronep
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 5-16 22:34
Only you can decide that but I have no regrets is going down this route myself!
The Avata 2 is the only FPV drone I have ever flown and probably the best to learn on due to all of the safety features such as pause button/air brake, RTH etc They are also the least fragile of DJI drones.

Thank you and happy flying.
5-16 22:54
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronep Posted at 5-16 22:54
Thank you and happy flying.

You're welcome
5-17 00:22