119 4 5-12 07:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I got a deity timecode generator and the first time I used it the  sync on the first clip was 11 seconds off and I think what happened was I  accidentally touched the sync system time.
There is no confirmation that happens when you do this like when you  reset the timecode to 0, the reset prompts you so yoiu know you are doing  it.  The sync to system time does nothing and it's super easy to  accidentally touch it and not know you just messed up the timecode  between two cams.

There is no other way the sync could be 11 seconds off on the very first clip LOL
5-12 07:51
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ok, so I figured out what the issue is and yes it's related to the fact there is no confirmation modal dialog when syncing the system time to time code.
What happened is the screen timed out and I touched the screen in the middle and it synced the system time to timecode and that messed up the sync between my two cameras.
if there was a modal confirmation when clicking that option that won't happen.   
Just make the system time sync like the reset time code and that is eliminated.
5-12 14:37
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Another issue is the whole menu item for the system time to timecode is enabled so any touch on that whole bar will sync it and you won't even know since there is no confirmation.
It really needs a confirm dialog......
5-12 15:02
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

Sounds like any interruption to a continuously on camera causes an issue.  This is similar to the one I reported here
5-12 15:49
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ronj Posted at 5-12 15:49
Sounds like any interruption to a continuously on camera causes an issue.  This is similar to the one I reported here
Well no, it just that when you touch the screen to wake it up you can inadvertently touch the system time to timecode sync and if you don't notice, it will mess up the sync unless the cam system time is exactly the same as the timecode.
5-12 17:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules