411 28 5-13 01:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a good idea to have a lanyard around my neck when flying the Avata 2 in full manual with FPV RC 3 to have more precise control on the sticks.  

Can anyway recommend a good lanyard? I don't want one of those with thick neck padding or something a 13 year old would wear though
5-13 01:05
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use this:

Symik RC Lanyard
5-13 02:20
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I've been using this one for over 5 years now, it's incredibly soft and comfortable and even survived washing machine many, many times and is still basically good as new (I used to fly FPV freestyle a LOT and it gets hot here during the summer so I would wash it like once a week). I've received countless different lanyards as gifts from all the different FPV companies and even tried buying some others (this one is a bit childish so I wanted to have something more neutral looking ), but have yet to find one even remotely as good as this.

https://newbeedrone.com/products/newbeedrone-lanyard
It's a US company, but I know there was an UK FPV shop that used to sell them, will try to find which one and give you a link. Edit: can't find it anywhere, UMT and HobbyRC both have NBD products, but not this lanyard.

5-13 02:25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-13 02:20
I use this:

Symik RC Lanyard

Cheers DB - I'll take a look
5-13 03:39
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-13 02:25
I've been using this one for over 5 years now, it's incredibly soft and comfortable and even survived washing machine many, many times and is still basically good as new (I used to fly FPV freestyle a LOT and it gets hot here during the summer so I would wash it like once a week). I've received countless different lanyards as gifts from all the different FPV companies and even tried buying some others (this one is a bit childish so I wanted to have something more neutral looking ), but have yet to find one even remotely as good as this.

https://newbeedrone.com/products/newbeedrone-lanyard

Thank you so much for the detailed reply and taking a look for me - most appreciated!
5-13 03:41
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've come across this guy (Danny McGee) on YT and his content is exceptional.

I also noticed he wears this lanyard with all of his FPV drones but hasn't advertised it anywhere. I've done some digging as I like the look of it and it's made from a soft natural leather and denim from a company called SEASKY Hobby but there are none for sale anywhere in the UK... Thankfully Amazon Global arranged international shipping and its on it's way to me now!

5-13 03:55
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-13 03:55
I've come across this guy (Danny McGee) on YT and his content is exceptional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXaxWIr4wA&t=441s

Looks pretty good, let us know how it feels once it arrives. I'd love to have something a bit more serious looking for when I'm shooting a wedding or something
5-13 04:24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-13 04:24
Looks pretty good, let us know how it feels once it arrives. I'd love to have something a bit more serious looking for when I'm shooting a wedding or something

Will do mate - due to be here Thursday or Friday this week
5-13 04:26
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

A J Posted at 5-13 04:26
Will do mate - due to be here Thursday or Friday this week

Bought a very similar looking SEASKY branded lanyard last year and the build quality is very nice!
5-13 15:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using a DJI one that Ive modified with a quick connect.  
5-13 23:02
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

comrant Posted at 5-13 15:08
Bought a very similar looking SEASKY branded lanyard last year and the build quality is very nice!

Thats good to know - mine has finally shipped from the US.
5-14 06:01
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:02
Im using a DJI one that Ive modified with a quick connect.

Cool - I used the DJI one that came with my Inspire 1 but those old RC's were huge!
5-14 06:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-14 06:02
Cool - I used the DJI one that came with my Inspire 1 but those old RC's were huge!

Im amazed you still have that,  must be a collectors item now.
5-14 06:20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 06:20
Im amazed you still have that,  must be a collectors item now.

I don't have it now - everything was sold years ago.
5-14 07:45
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-13 04:24
Looks pretty good, let us know how it feels once it arrives. I'd love to have something a bit more serious looking for when I'm shooting a wedding or something

It’s on its way and amazingly due to be delivered to me in London tomorrow afternoon!
Utterly insane - all of this for a lanyard lol - it’s currently boarding a plane in Kentucky, United States! Hahaha
IMG_9169.jpeg
5-15 08:17
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-15 08:17
It’s on its way and amazingly due to be delivered to me in London tomorrow afternoon!
Utterly insane - all of this for a lanyard lol - it’s currently boarding a plane in Kentucky, United States! Hahaha

That's crazy fast for $14 delivery from US
5-15 08:55
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-15 08:55
That's crazy fast for $14 delivery from US

I know right - 4 days from South Carolina to London... I've ordered things from within London that have taken longer to be delivered!
5-15 08:57
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-15 08:57
I know right - 4 days from South Carolina to London... I've ordered things from within London that have taken longer to be delivered!

I once had an RC car part arrive from central US to Croatia within 2 working days and it was finally delivered to me (about 10 minutes away from the warehouse where it arrived) 7 months later
5-15 09:05
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-15 09:05
I once had an RC car part arrive from central US to Croatia within 2 working days and it was finally delivered to me (about 10 minutes away from the warehouse where it arrived) 7 months later

That's just negligence (or red tape for imports). Thankfully UPS will be delivering all the way tomorrow!
I'll let you my thoughts! I hope it's worth the 4,000 mile postage!
5-15 09:12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-15 09:05
I once had an RC car part arrive from central US to Croatia within 2 working days and it was finally delivered to me (about 10 minutes away from the warehouse where it arrived) 7 months later

4,021 miles in 72 hours to being around my neck! Impressive delivery! Very comfortable, stylish and nice quality as anticipated. It fits perfectly in the DJI Avata 2 sling bag too where it’s replaced my motion controller! Highly recommend even though you can’t buy it in the UK!!
IMG_9172.jpeg
IMG_9173.jpeg
IMG_9173.jpeg
5-16 05:16
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-16 05:16
4,021 miles in 72 hours to being around my neck! Impressive delivery! Very comfortable, stylish and nice quality as anticipated. It fits perfectly in the DJI Avata 2 sling bag too where it’s replaced my motion controller! Highly recommend even though you can’t buy it in the UK!!

That does look good! Hopefully it's still as comfortable when used for extended periods of time.

Btw I'm sure it would still fit the RCM3 in there if you wanted it to, you just fold the lanyard over into the Avata's section, there's plenty of room above ducts (I carry a 60W USB-C PD brick in there).
5-16 13:31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-16 13:31
That does look good! Hopefully it's still as comfortable when used for extended periods of time.

Btw I'm sure it would still fit the RCM3 in there if you wanted it to, you just fold the lanyard over into the Avata's section, there's plenty of room above ducts (I carry a 60W USB-C PD brick in there).

It also fits nicely in the side pockets of the bag too. I'll be flying the Avata 2 later today (three full batteries) to continue my full manual practice and will see what added benefit the lanyard gives me in terms of enhanced precision when micro adjusting the RC sticks in flight! At the very least I won't drop the RC3 on the ground now lol (not that Ive ever done that in my life).  
5-16 22:31
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-16 22:31
It also fits nicely in the side pockets of the bag too. I'll be flying the Avata 2 later today (three full batteries) to continue my full manual practice and will see what added benefit the lanyard gives me in terms of enhanced precision when micro adjusting the RC sticks in flight! At the very least I won't drop the RC3 on the ground now lol (not that Ive ever done that in my life).

I flew without lanyard *once*, forgot that I didn’t have it and dropped my DJI FPV RC (v1) and broke a gimbal. Luckily I had an old unused Phantom controller and it had the same gimbals so it was an easy fix. But yeah, you’ll get used to it hanging off your neck in no time, so don’t ever take it off to store in a side pocket

Happy flying!
5-17 00:03
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-17 00:03
I flew without lanyard *once*, forgot that I didn’t have it and dropped my DJI FPV RC (v1) and broke a gimbal. Luckily I had an old unused Phantom controller and it had the same gimbals so it was an easy fix. But yeah, you’ll get used to it hanging off your neck in no time, so don’t ever take it off to store in a side pocket  

Happy flying!

Thanks for the tips! (what's your first name BTW - I'm Andy or AJ)
5-17 00:23
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-17 00:23
Thanks for the tips! (what's your first name BTW - I'm Andy or AJ)

Nice to e-meet you Andy, I'm Filip. Should probably change my forum display name, haven't really used this nickname in years
5-17 02:57
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-17 02:57
Nice to e-meet you Andy, I'm Filip. Should probably change my forum display name, haven't really used this nickname in years

Nice to meet you too Filip! And thanks for accepting the friend request.
5-17 04:05
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

A J Posted at 5-16 05:16

what bag is this?? I have a giant suitcase style box for transport but rather bulky / annoying carrying it around to locations really liking the looks of this bag if you could share what it is that would be great!

thanks
5-21 10:30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

comrant Posted at 5-21 10:30
what bag is this?? I have a giant suitcase style box for transport but rather bulky / annoying carrying it around to locations really liking the looks of this bag if you could share what it is that would be great!

thanks

It's the official DJI Avata 2 Sling Bag that comes as standard with the Avata 2 fly more combo (three batteries) bundle. You can buy it separately directly from DJI for £69. Make sure your drone will fit though as it is designed specifically for the Avata 2 which is a very thin drone.
5-21 11:24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

comrant Posted at 5-21 10:30

thanks

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-sling-bag?vid=164991
5-21 11:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules