mavic 3 C zoom changes mag when camera is raised/lowered with wheel
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221476 ft
Austria

My mavic 3 C zoom changes magnification when the camera is raised/lowered with left  wheel without me touching any other button/wheel.
Have I accidentally somehow changed a setting so that the camera zooms in when raised and out when lowered? Or is there a problem with the controller?

Any ideas?

THANKS  in advance!

5-14 08:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bill. Thank you for reaching out. The dial on the top right corner of the remote controller is for controlling the zoom, and according to your description, there are no specific issues have been found at the moment.
5-16 07:14
Use props
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 07:14
Hi, Bill. Thank you for reaching out. The dial on the top right corner of the remote controller is for controlling the zoom, and according to your description, there are no specific issues have been found at the moment.

H Gamora, thanks for your quick reply.
That is correct - the wheel on the right controls the zoom factor. I guess I wasn´t clear about that - that is not the problem. The problem is that sometimes (today again) when raising or lowering the camera using the LEFT wheel AND NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING ELSE the camera zooms IN while the camera is raised and zooms OUT again when the camera is lowered. WITHOUT me touching any other control. As if the two functions were somehow synchronized. If repeatedly zoom in and out a few time with the right wheel - the way things are supposed to work - the apparent synchronization stops.
When it does happen it ruins the film footage as I had no intention of zooming either IN or OUT.
Is there an explanation for this that you can think of?
Thanks in advance,
Bill
5-16 10:01
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this something that just started or is this a new (or new to you) controller?  Have you tried calibrating the remote? When you do that it will show what each control is doing to see if one is being affected by the other
5-16 10:33
Use props
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Austria

jmb63 Posted at 5-16 10:33
Is this something that just started or is this a new (or new to you) controller?  Have you tried calibrating the remote? When you do that it will show what each control is doing to see if one is being affected by the other

Yes, this is something new. I just did a recalibration of the gimbal and RC. The first thing I then checked was whether the camera still zoomed in when raising it - it did. AND zoomed out again when lowering the camera. If I then zoom in/out a few times with the right wheel - no other way - I can raise/lower the camera WITHOUT  the zoom/magnification factor changing. But for how long? Will it do it the next time I raise/lower the camera while filming? WHY does it do this in the first place?
Thanks...
5-16 23:56
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bill Lorenz Posted at 5-16 10:01
H Gamora, thanks for your quick reply.
That is correct - the wheel on the right controls the zoom factor. I guess I wasn´t clear about that - that is not the problem. The problem is that sometimes (today again) when raising or lowering the camera using the LEFT wheel AND NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING ELSE the camera zooms IN while the camera is raised and zooms OUT again when the camera is lowered. WITHOUT me touching any other control. As if the two functions were somehow synchronized. If repeatedly zoom in and out a few time with the right wheel - the way things are supposed to work - the apparent synchronization stops.
When it does happen it ruins the film footage as I had no intention of zooming either IN or OUT.

Thank you for the reply, Bill. Is it possible for you to share with us a video showing the issue for us to check?
5-17 07:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules