Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Day4 Part2
  Heavy rains and accompanying floods from November 2007 caused rock falls and damage to the road.
  The Bloukrans Pass was closed.

Traffic was forced to travel on the N2 and forced to pay the toll fee. Those who travelled to (or lived in) Nature’s Valley from Port Elizabeth still had to pay the full amount (approx $1for a motorcycle), even though they only used about 14 km of the N2 before they could connect to the older R102 alternative again.
  The Bloukrans River separates the Eastern Cape and Western Cape and as a result of the damage of 2007, only half the length of the road was repaired.
  It was the half belonging to the (DA run) Western Cape.
  The other half (ANC run)(Eastern Cape territory) stayed abysmal with debris of rocks and trees blocking the majority of the road.
  It’s been more than a decade and the Bloukrans Pass is still closed.

The boomslang is an excellent climber and is highly arboreal, living mainly in forested areas. D. typus lives in karoo shrubs, savannahs, lowland forests, and in grasslands. The boomslang is not restricted to trees and can often be found on the ground hunting, feeding, or taking shelter. It will occasionally hide underground when the weather is harsh.
  It has a highly potent venom, which it delivers through large fangs located in the back of the jaw.The boomslang is able to open its jaws up to 170° when biting.The venom of the boomslang is primarily a hemotoxin; it works by a process in which so many small clots form in the blood that the victim loses the ability to clot further and the victim may die as a result of internal and external bleeding. The venom has been observed to cause haemorrhaging into tissues such as muscle and the brain while at the same time clogging capillaries with tiny blood clots.Other signs and symptoms include headache, nausea, sleepiness, and confusion.
Music: Tricks & Tips in a jam

Next: ST Francis Bay

5-15 01:32
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting trail. I'd not be happy about the risk of encountering such a venomous snake
5-15 02:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting ride Droffarc.  In some parts it looks like the trees alongside the road are trying to expand out and cover the road.  
5-15 02:18
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 5-15 02:13
Interesting trail. I'd not be happy about the risk of encountering such a venomous snake

I have encountered numerous snakes on my travels but none that actually bore me any harm.
One day I was strolling in the dunes near Blaauberg  when I came upon a large black snake that I almost stepped on. It reared rubbing it's body against it's scales to make the traditional hiss And I froze in my stride. Stood for a long moment on one foot, then realized it was a harmless mole snake, but retreated anyway. I lifted my had and bade it farewell and hastily hotfooted in another direction. Needless to say the snake just stuck it's tongue out at me and went back to sunbathing.
5-15 05:04
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 02:18
Interesting ride Droffarc.  In some parts it looks like the trees alongside the road are trying to expand out and cover the road.

The call of the wild - that is what happens when you don't prune your trees - they tend to look down on you as if to underline the fact that you are only human
5-15 05:07
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 5-15 05:04
I have encountered numerous snakes on my travels but none that actually bore me any harm.
One day I was strolling in the dunes near Blaauberg  when I came upon a large black snake that I almost stepped on. It reared rubbing it's body against it's scales to make the traditional hiss And I froze in my stride. Stood for a long moment on one foot, then realized it was a harmless mole snake, but retreated anyway. I lifted my had and bade it farewell and hastily hotfooted in another direction. Needless to say the snake just stuck it's tongue out at me and went back to sunbathing.

Close enough
5-15 05:43
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Okay, I gather you don't want to meet a boomslang!  Nice area you're cruising through
5-15 06:44
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Depp Posted at 5-15 06:44
Okay, I gather you don't want to meet a boomslang!  Nice area you're cruising through

Boomslang aside it is (to me) paradise
SOmehow DJI feels that my reference to there being no round edible appealing fruit that grow on trees is not acceptable

inappropriate

inappropriate
5-15 10:53
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Droffarc Posted at 5-15 10:53
Boomslang aside it is (to me) paradise
SOmehow DJI feels that my reference to there being no round edible appealing fruit that grow on trees is not acceptable

it seems to be the word after "extra" "b..." - been struggling with that one myself...
5-15 11:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 5-15 05:07
The call of the wild - that is what happens when you don't prune your trees - they tend to look down on you as if to underline the fact that you are only human

Many of those trees in the video are making a good point then.  Hope you are having a great week.  
5-15 12:05
Use props
Winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4948117 ft
Poland

Great report
5-15 13:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like lovely weather for a ride.  
5-15 21:50
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Dziękuję Thank you Winkiel
5-15 23:26
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 21:50
Looks like lovely weather for a ride.

It was but for a bit of wind and a lack of time - as in "What time will you be here?"
5-15 23:28
Use props
Winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4948117 ft
Poland

Droffarc Posted at 5-15 23:26
Dziękuję Thank you Winkiel

You're welcome.
5-15 23:55
Use props
Montfrooij