167 7 5-15 13:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
islandfilmsvi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939455 ft
United States

Good Evening,

I am having issues with my smart controller. Everytime I try and turn it on it won't go past the 'dji' screen. This is a massive issue as I am on my first day of 3, major shoot in a remote area.

I was flying, and I noticed that the controller wouldn't respond when I tapped the screen. It was still connected to the drone and had a live preview. I decided to bring the drone in and land. I turned off the controller and came back to it 30 mins later to fly the drone again. The 'DJI' logo would turn on and constantly (slowly) flash, eventually turning itself off.

I have downloaded both:
DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic

Both won't recognise either my drone or controller. I am using a wire supplied by DJI (has a little orange interior)

I need someone to suggest something QUICK. I am currently on a high paid job and have no other alternative.

I have attached a video showing the issue.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vmm3zdneisc3wn43l9ed4/IMG_4620.MOV?rlkey=hnwxgbsrpqiyjmft1o5aia15g&st=rcqxux0c&dl=0
5-15 13:40
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suggestions:  
If there is a SD card in the slot, remove it.
You have Assistant 2 for Consumer Series, so after installing that did you reboot the system?  Do so if not yet.
Next, turn on the controller, then connect to the computer running Assistant 2.  If it is not connecting, you may be hosed.  
Try another wire, try another port, finally, try another computer.  Barring any of that working, sounds like you need to move to plan B.

This is why I bring two drones to each job.  2 is 1 and 1 is none.

5-15 16:26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oh and one other idea, and sorry if I did not sound too hopeful above.  

Turn off drone if one.  (I know, it probably is not).
Turn controller on, and then press C1, C2, and the shutter buttons and hold until it beeps.  You will get the beep-beepbeepbeep, then turn it off.

EDIT / UPDATE : Ignore the above.  This does not work.  I'm still trying to see if theres other options.
5-15 16:30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oh and is this a smart controller or a RC Pro?  I assumed RC Pro because of the drones in your profile, even though your post said smart controller.
5-15 16:38
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-15 16:38
Oh and is this a smart controller or a RC Pro?  I assumed RC Pro because of the drones in your profile, even though your post said smart controller.

I was wondering the same thing, looks like an RC Pro not a Smart Controller. Also, I hope you're not using the cable in the video. Assuming you're using the right cable, do you see anything show up in your device manager on your PC when it's plugged in? It should show up as maybe a bootloader interface while the DJI logo is on the RC screen. If you're using a Mac.. find another computer.
5-15 18:33
Use props
islandfilmsvi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939455 ft
British Virgin Islands

TonyPHX Posted at 5-15 16:38

Thanks for reaching out. Yes it's the RC pro. I have no idea why it has started doing this. Have tried to connect on two computers but neither worked. I guess I will need to ship back to DJI. I remember when I noticed was changing from main camera to x3, and then x7 on the photo setting. Trying to then change back to x1 is where I first noticed the problem.
5-15 19:04
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

islandfilmsvi Posted at 5-15 19:04
Thanks for reaching out. Yes it's the RC pro. I have no idea why it has started doing this. Have tried to connect on two computers but neither worked. I guess I will need to ship back to DJI. I remember when I noticed was changing from main camera to x3, and then x7 on the photo setting. Trying to then change back to x1 is where I first noticed the problem.

Well, it sounds like you tried everything.  Sorry you have to deal with it, but I'm sure the replacement from service will be better luck.
5-15 19:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenienced caused. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
5-16 02:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules