334 22 5-16 01:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 359705 ft
New Zealand

A letter to DJI

Back in early October I started this poll for Forum members  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... typeid%3D922&page=1

It's a poll asking who thinks a simple program change to include a button on the display when using the Wide Angle lens.

If that button was pushed it would automatically use the 70mm telephoto to automatically take a grid of overlapping 70mm images which could then be stitched (most likely using software outside the drone like PTGUI or Panorama Studio or Affinity etc) into a single TRUE high resolution image matching what the wide angle camera saw at the moment your pressed that button.  I then went on to show just how high quality that would be but still nothing.

That poll has generated 95 positive votes from your community but even after bringing this up about 4 times now with DJI on this forum it feels like you haven't listened and don't really care about the very customers that buy your drones.

There are some posters here (they should be along shortly) that think I'm mad to even try, gullible even, but don't you just want to prove them wrong but more importantly actually show, like with several other features you have introduced, that you actually do listen to your customers and want to introduce features that they really value?   Especially when no hardware changes are required to do this, it's all programming and it gives you something unique in the market place... why wouldn't you do it?
If 95 of us here think it's a great idea it probably is going to be something that people will want to buy your drones for... so what is to lose?  I'm more than happy to take this offline and email one of your developers if you thought that worthwhile, just Private Message me.

Personally I still haven't purchased an Air 3 I would in a flash if you made this change.

Here's hoping you can seriously consider this enhancement.

Thanks  

5-16 01:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Bussty for bringing this program change request back to DJI's attention once again.  Hopefully, they will give it every consideration this time around.
5-16 02:59
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 02:59
Thanks Bussty for bringing this program change request back to DJI's attention once again.  Hopefully, they will give it every consideration this time around.

Forever hopeful Downtown.

Just been away on a photography trip using my Mini 3 Pro and new 61MP Sony.  I know the Air 3 will never be a Sony Full Frame camera but just the joy of working on those more detailed files make me think it's such a shame DJI haven't gone there yet, as the tests showed it can go a long ways towards providing much better quality than a single 12MP frame.

Thanks for your support.
5-16 03:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bussty. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward again your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
5-16 06:39
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 06:39
Hi, Bussty. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward again your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

Hello DJI Gamora

Thanks for your message.

We have tried this several times now and there doesn't seem to be any progress (I really hope I'm wrong) I would be more than happy to start an email dialogue with one of the developers if you wanted to private message me?

Many thanks
5-16 11:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-16 03:36
Forever hopeful Downtown.

Just been away on a photography trip using my Mini 3 Pro and new 61MP Sony.  I know the Air 3 will never be a Sony Full Frame camera but just the joy of working on those more detailed files make me think it's such a shame DJI haven't gone there yet, as the tests showed it can go a long ways towards providing much better quality than a single 12MP frame.

No doubt DJI has the capability to implement this change.  I just hope they aren't holding it out to release with the Air 4 instead.
5-16 12:38
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bussty Posted at 5-16 11:59
Hello DJI Gamora

Thanks for your message.

You are gullible if you think that copy/paste reply from a moderator means anything.
Your request probably never even reaches anyone relevant in DJI.
This has been seen over and over here.
Just look at the way DJI has completely ignored the folks who would like DJI to release an SDK for the Mavic 3 series.

5-16 14:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We need to stop limiting suggests like this to one drone or product line,   what we really need is a macro programming language built into the drones so that we can create our own features,   just like in Microsoft Excel.  Then like the Siri Shortcuts DJI could host a community gallery of the scripts that we created share  to perform tasks of our choice.
5-16 22:39
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 12:38
No doubt DJI has the capability to implement this change.  I just hope they aren't holding it out to release with the Air 4 instead.

Have been thinking that could be an outcome, shame if it is.
5-16 22:46
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 22:39
We need to stop limiting suggests like this to one drone or product line,   what we really need is a macro programming language built into the drones so that we can create our own features,   just like in Microsoft Excel.  Then like the Siri Shortcuts DJI could host a community gallery of the scripts that we created share  to perform tasks of our choice.

Dronelink allows you to do that but you do need some Javascript experience plus no SDK for the Air 3 sadly.
5-16 23:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-16 22:46
Have been thinking that could be an outcome, shame if it is.

Let's hope that is not the outcome.  I really hope they come through for the Air 3 on your valid request.  
5-17 03:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bussty Posted at 5-16 11:59
Hello DJI Gamora

Thanks for your message.

Hi, Bussty. We understand that you wanted to have this feature, and we forwarded your requests to our relevant team. However, please note that everything needs to be evaluated and some need a long process to be implemented. Also, some requests might not be implemented as well. Please rest assured that DJI is listening to your feedback and requests, one request that has been implemented was the compatibility of the Goggles to Consumer Drones.
5-17 07:56
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Dji only implements what they want to. Unless their software results in a serious flaw then most requests for new features don't materialise.
5-17 12:28
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 07:56
Hi, Bussty. We understand that you wanted to have this feature, and we forwarded your requests to our relevant team. However, please note that everything needs to be evaluated and some need a long process to be implemented. Also, some requests might not be implemented as well. Please rest assured that DJI is listening to your feedback and requests, one request that has been implemented was the compatibility of the Goggles to Consumer Drones.

Thanks Gamora hopefully DJI will see many users would really benefit and would only enhance your product offering making it more desirable.
5-17 13:13
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

We need range back too!!!
5-17 13:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-16 23:32
Dronelink allows you to do that but you do need some Javascript experience plus no SDK for the Air 3 sadly.

Thats the issue,  the SDK is dead and if they do release it,  it's usually a year after the drone release.  
5-17 21:15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bussty Posted at 5-17 13:13
Thanks Gamora hopefully DJI will see many users would really benefit and would only enhance your product offering making it more desirable.

False hope only leads to disappointment.
5-18 05:18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Labroides Posted at 5-18 05:18
False hope only leads to disappointment.

Sorry to read about your feedback. We appreciate you explaining how it would help you out. While that feature isn’t currently in our development roadmap, our engineers we'll surely be working on its possibilities that includes improvements and will be helpful for the majority of our customers. However, we wish to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured. We appreciate you for taking the time in bringing this to our attention.
5-18 10:42
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2733720 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 07:56
Hi, Bussty. We understand that you wanted to have this feature, and we forwarded your requests to our relevant team. However, please note that everything needs to be evaluated and some need a long process to be implemented. Also, some requests might not be implemented as well. Please rest assured that DJI is listening to your feedback and requests, one request that has been implemented was the compatibility of the Goggles to Consumer Drones.

Hi Gamora,

No, in fact this can be made using the codes from MAIN camera that exists already, adapted as number of photos and range overlapped for 70mm...
For the DJI software team will take probably 2-3 days TOP to do it
If they cannot, feel free to give to community the codes and will adapt it very fast...but I do not believe DJI wants to reveal the "secrets"
5-19 23:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-19 23:10
Hi Gamora,

No, in fact this can be made using the codes from MAIN camera that exists already, adapted as number of photos and range overlapped for 70mm...

Hi, Geo_Drone. We would like to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured as well as other requests despite how easy it is to be programmed/made. But rest assured that we'll forward your feedback to our relevant team as well. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
5-19 23:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bussty Posted at 5-17 13:13
Thanks Gamora hopefully DJI will see many users would really benefit and would only enhance your product offering making it more desirable.

You're most welcome, Bussty. Your feedback has been forwarded and rest assured that we all want to have an enjoyable flight with DJI drones. We will not get tired of forwarding your requests and feedback for a more enjoyable flight experience.
5-19 23:38
Use props
Cine_Dude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41352 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for this feature!
5-27 18:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cine_Dude Posted at 5-27 18:50
+1 for this feature!

Hi there. Thank you for the suggestion. Let me submit this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. We appreciate your valued support.
5-27 19:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules