New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
41006 118 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Villehoo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Thanks. Just received my Mavic 3 Cine Premium combo and realised that the SC won't allow me to adjust aperture using the dial or shutter speed using the joystick. This worked fine in my Mavic 2 with the regular controller, so PLEASE make that option available – it really sucks not to be able to quickly change aperture with gloves on.
2021-11-26
Use props
Fwnakos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1460653 ft
Greece

Is it going to be an other firmaware update for the smart controller ? I saw the latest firmware for the RC PRO for the buttons customination and I am bit jealous ;) !!
2022-5-31
Use props
kingskord
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66184 ft
United States

i have an issue with this smart controller not synching to air2s - frustrating and annoying. .
2022-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 2021-7-13 04:28
Updated with no issues. Appreciate it. Sure would be nice to know what bugs were fixed.

Are you flying with Go4 or the Fly App?  Some reports on the last Fly app update was bad performance and crashing.  
2022-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2021-7-19 09:01
Just carried a couple of updates on my SC , didn't use Dji assistant 2. Never used it yet. Just pushed buttons on my SC and all seems ok. Doing another flight in about an hour or so, wii publish result. As an aside, one of the updates did stick at 16% for a few minutes then went to 98% for a couple of minutes before completing and then rebooted with actions takn showing on the screen.

Did you fly with Go4 or the Fly App?  Also did you update the Fly app.  
2022-11-12
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I am installing this update using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic... got to updating 16% and the smart controller turned off.... been like that for 20 minutes what do I do now??????
2022-11-12
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

MavicZoom Posted at 11-12 08:29
So I am installing this update using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic... got to updating 16% and the smart controller turned off.... been like that for 20 minutes what do I do now??????

Did you tap the screen once in a while because the SC turns in a sleep mode after a couple of minutes of inactivity and the update process can't be completed. At least this is my recollection ...
2022-11-12
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 11-12 09:46
Did you tap the screen once in a while because the SC turns in a sleep mode after a couple of minutes of inactivity and the update process can't be completed. At least this is my recollection ...

That was not it... I have my sleep time set to 30 minutes the controller just shut off I thought it was part of the update waited another 25 minutes then stopped.  Deleted the update file turned off/on the controller(once I figured out how to get the controller to turn back on by long pressing the power button for like 25 seconds) restarted my computer and started over still took 3 times but the update did finish.

Thanks for responding
2022-11-13
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 02:12
Did you fly with Go4 or the Fly App?  Also did you update the Fly app.

DA, remember this was last year and have flown with both GO4 and Fly App with no issues seen so far.
2022-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 11-13 06:21
DA, remember this was last year and have flown with both GO4 and Fly App with no issues seen so far.

Some people said the fly app 1.7.8 was crashing and freezing on the smart controller since the updating so I was hoping this new firmware might address that.   

Edit:  why last year?   It was released last week.  3 nov.
2022-11-13
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

This thread is very confusing! The title refers to an update given out on 3rd November 2022 and yet if you read the posts you will see that the posts start on 12/7/2021.
My post at #36 referred to a previous update. DA Flys post at #85 is asking why last year. Has someone actually gone in and changed the title to reflect the latest update.
For DA Flys;-  I don't think that I have updated to the new software/firmware whatever. I know that I haven't flown my Mini 2s using the SC. When I get a chance I MAY update it and try the latest Fly App but not much chance of that with the weather in Scotland just now. If I do I'll be sure to let you know.
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 11-14 06:23
This thread is very confusing! The title refers to an update given out on 3rd November 2022 and yet if you read the posts you will see that the posts start on 12/7/2021.
My post at #36 referred to a previous update. DA Flys post at #85 is asking why last year. Has someone actually gone in and changed the title to reflect the latest update.
For DA Flys;-  I don't think that I have updated to the new software/firmware whatever. I know that I haven't flown my Mini 2s using the SC. When I get a chance I MAY update it and try the latest Fly App but not much chance of that with the weather in Scotland just now. If I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Hi, there.
Sorry for the confusion.
To avoid duplicated threads on the forum, we will update this post when there is a new firmware release of this product. Thank you for your understanding.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2022-11-15
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-15 00:50
Hi, there.
Sorry for the confusion.
To avoid duplicated threads on the forum, we will update this post when there is a new firmware release of this product. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the explanation Natalia but I don't see how the threads would be duplcated if they were referring to different dated updates. The confusion, as far as I'm concerned is actually because a SEPARATE thread wasn't used.
2022-11-15
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Tried to edit my post, wouldn' allow me. It doesn't help when Dji write down the date of the update in 2 different ormats. See title, (American) format then first post (UK) f ormat (only in reverse).
A bit pedantic I know, but..........
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 11-15 02:54
Tried to edit my post, wouldn' allow me. It doesn't help when Dji write down the date of the update in 2 different ormats. See title, (American) format then first post (UK) f ormat (only in reverse).
A bit pedantic I know, but..........

Thanks for your feedback, we will report this problem it to the relevant team.
If you have any other feedback or if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2022-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 11-14 06:23
This thread is very confusing! The title refers to an update given out on 3rd November 2022 and yet if you read the posts you will see that the posts start on 12/7/2021.

Thanks Yogi,   I can see where the confusion comes from,  I hadnt realised they repurposed the thread when I asked you the question.   I have held off this update as the last time I saw anyone update the Fly app on the Smart Controller they had a lot of issues,  and as we dont know what this update will fix and Im happy with the Smart controller as is I will ignore it until there's some better feedback.
2022-11-16
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-16 01:05
Thanks Yogi,   I can see where the confusion comes from,  I hadnt realised they repurposed the thread when I asked you the question.   I have held off this update as the last time I saw anyone update the Fly app on the Smart Controller they had a lot of issues,  and as we dont know what this update will fix and Im happy with the Smart controller as is I will ignore it until there's some better feedback.

I did say "I may update my SC" on the other hand, as you say, people are having problems or seem to be so I MAY hold off on updating. Cheers.
2022-11-16
Use props
xzbit64sauqi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709692 ft

Indonesia

i had a problem with previous SC firmware that make dji fly app 1.7. 4 is freeze and crash in the midlle of flight fortunetly i still can control the drone , hope this firmware solve the problem thanks DJI  
2022-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xzbit64sauqi Posted at 11-18 20:58
i had a problem with previous SC firmware that make dji fly app 1.7. 4 is freeze and crash in the midlle of flight fortunetly i still can control the drone , hope this firmware solve the problem thanks DJI

Have you been able to test to see if thats fixed with this version?
2022-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 11-16 04:15
I did say "I may update my SC" on the other hand, as you say, people are having problems or seem to be so I MAY hold off on updating. Cheers.

Looks like if you want to use maps in the Go4 app you need this update - https://dronedj.com/2022/11/16/dji-drone-map-display-update/
2022-11-19
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 07:14
Looks like if you want to use maps in the Go4 app you need this update - https://dronedj.com/2022/11/16/dji-drone-map-display-update/

Thanks for making me aware DA.
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 11-20 01:08
Thanks for making me aware DA.

No probs Yogi,  Ive not done mine yet but on the other forum I see a couple have without complaint.     Still on the fence as I dont fly with the maps turned on very often these days.  
2022-11-20
Use props
Michael Fandrich
New
Flight distance : 15515 ft
Germany

Hallo ich wollte heute meinen Controller der Mini 3Pro aktualisieren aber es kam immer nur der Hinweis Server Fehler Code4
2022-11-20
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 01:19
No probs Yogi,  Ive not done mine yet but on the other forum I see a couple have without complaint.     Still on the fence as I dont fly with the maps turned on very often these days.

I'm a bit like yourself. Very rarely use any map when fying M2P wth SC, vlos and all that, plus, wouldn't like to lose such a valuable drone. It may be 2nd hand and old but still a 'good un'.
2022-11-21
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for this info.
2022-11-21
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

thanks for sharing
2022-11-22
Use props
xzbit64sauqi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709692 ft

Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 07:13
Have you been able to test to see if thats fixed with this version?

that fixed in new firmware and using Dji fly 1.8. 0
2022-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xzbit64sauqi Posted at 11-25 21:29
that fixed in new firmware and using Dji fly 1.8. 0

thanks,   I haven't updated yet but now I feel more confident.
2022-11-26
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Michael Fandrich Posted at 11-20 12:07
Hallo ich wollte heute meinen Controller der Mini 3Pro aktualisieren aber es kam immer nur der Hinweis Server Fehler Code4

Michael Fandrich wrote:
"Hello I wanted to update my controller of the Mini 3Pro today but it always came only the message server error code4"

first of all this is an english forum and secondly you are in the wrong thread here!

go to:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=779
2022-11-26
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

Little late but I have been trying to update to 0072 for 4 hours.  Download of the update keeps crashing.
2023-1-6
Use props
MPH_B2F
lvl.2
Flight distance : 993566 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If you are using Fake GPS app don't update this FW version!

After update when I activated Fake GPS and open DJI Go4, it kills Fake GPS process and not let the drone in FCC mode.

First I hope this FW version will allow me to use this remote for FPV Live from Avata (Goggles 2) but there is nothing change; worse, now DJI GO4 keeps killing Fake GPS everytime it opened.

FYI, this update cannot rollback or downgrade to the older FW version. SICK
2023-3-26
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the Update. Thank you.
4-13 17:44
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I the only one who is having a problem? Using DJI assistant the software uploads. However on updating it freezes at 16% and the controller beeps and turns off and it's only charging. I've done many updates before and never had this problem. I'm using the smart controller with DJI GO4. I've attempted and reattempted installing several times with the exact same issue. Anyone who has any suggestions, would it be appreciated. By the way, I did try following the directions in the video but it never gets past system update in the settings.
4-14 07:43
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Problem solved. Went back and tried updating through settings/update. This time it said I needed to sign in. Went into DJI GO4 and signed in. Had done this last time and it didn't work but this time it took me right back to update and started the update. I almost backed out of the update because it was stuck on 16% for a very long time. Had to walk away for a few minutes and when I came back it had moved on. All in all the whole process was very time consuming and probably took a half hour including rebooting the smart controller.
4-15 02:53
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 4-15 02:53
Problem solved. Went back and tried updating through settings/update. This time it said I needed to sign in. Went into DJI GO4 and signed in. Had done this last time and it didn't work but this time it took me right back to update and started the update. I almost backed out of the update because it was stuck on 16% for a very long time. Had to walk away for a few minutes and when I came back it had moved on. All in all the whole process was very time consuming and probably took a half hour including rebooting the smart controller.

I think it's really good that DJI is continuing updates and support for the smart controller!  This speaks well of their after-sale support.
4-15 11:34
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

TonyPHX Posted at 4-15 11:34
I think it's really good that DJI is continuing updates and support for the smart controller!  This speaks well of their after-sale support.

Absolutely, they've improved massively in this area over past couple of years. I was genuinely shocked when FPV Goggles V2 got support for Avata 1 and O3 Air Units.
4-30 11:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 4-15 02:53
Problem solved. Went back and tried updating through settings/update. This time it said I needed to sign in. Went into DJI GO4 and signed in. Had done this last time and it didn't work but this time it took me right back to update and started the update. I almost backed out of the update because it was stuck on 16% for a very long time. Had to walk away for a few minutes and when I came back it had moved on. All in all the whole process was very time consuming and probably took a half hour including rebooting the smart controller.

Hi, Marty. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're glad that you have updated the Smart Controller. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum.
5-1 22:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 4-15 11:34

We really appreciate your feedback and we thank you for your kind words, TonyPHX. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
5-1 22:08
Use props
hoangtran
New

Vietnam

The v01.01.0076 update had an issue. After 2 days of updating, an error appeared. It will lose connection between the aircraft and the controller when left about >20m away, and cannot do anything else. I tried connecting to Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, both of which had the same problem.
6-13 00:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules