Using both Pilot 2 and DJI Fly
3682 14 2023-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1517648 ft
United States

My Mavic 3T Enterprise shipped with the RC Pro (Pilot 2) controller while my Mavic 3 Classic (DJI Fly) has the RC. I'd like to load DJI Fly on to the RC Pro and use that controller for both drones, obviously not at the same time. Will I run into any problems? Will I have to bind the aircraft each time or will the controller retain their info since it's separate software. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, will the controller just "boot" the last used software? Thanks!

2023-1-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might be a good idea to clarify what precisely you mean by "bind". I.e which of the follow purposes are you thinking about, control or insurance?
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-9 07:36
It might be a good idea to clarify what precisely you mean by "bind". I.e which of the follow purposes are you thinking about, control or insurance?

Hopefully, someone using the RC Pro to fly two different drones using the two softwares mentioned will respond.
2023-1-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

There was a question about this earlier. Maybe you should search for it. The RC Pro that you have will NOT work with Fly or a non-Enterprise drone. The two RC Pros have different firmware.
2023-1-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Indeed the question has already been asked.

There is a genius who thought he had found a solution, but it is above all the best way to have a bricked RC :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 454&pid=2938710

The answer of the moderators of the forum is very clear on the subject:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 418&pid=2931991

Now you do what you want.
But given the time it takes to change a firmware, if it has to be done every time, I don't see the point in addition to the risk of destroying the RC.
And moreover you will be obliged to bind each time you change drone. No interest ! In my view...

2023-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Given that it is almost the same as the normal RC Pro you should be able to side load the Dji Fly app by downloading the .apk file from Dji's website and installing it. It's not like you are going to have Bothe the Pilot and Fly app open at the same time.
2023-1-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9 Posted at 1-9 08:14
Hopefully, someone using the RC Pro to fly two different drones using the two softwares mentioned will respond.

Let me rephrase post #2.
What precisely do you mean by "bind"?
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-9 08:55
Indeed the question has already been asked.

There is a genius who thought he had found a solution, but it is above all the best way to have a bricked RC :

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
2023-1-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-9 12:24
Let me rephrase post #2.
What precisely do you mean by "bind"?
Most probably "bind" is link the RC with the drone. It was a common word for such operation with Futaba, Spektrum, Graupner... Remote controle. Another time !
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully you won't be able to pair or bind them to the drones (DJI RC Pro Enterprise with Mavic 3 Classic and DJI RC with Mavic 3T Enterprise) you listed as they have different image transmission systems. It is highly recommended to use the RCs for the respective drones that came with them to avoid incidents. Hoping for your kind understanding and thank you for your support.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 21:57
Hi, djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully you won't be able to pair or bind them to the drones (DJI RC Pro Enterprise with Mavic 3 Classic and DJI RC with Mavic 3T Enterprise) you listed as they have different image transmission systems. It is highly recommended to use the RCs for the respective drones that came with them to avoid incidents. Hoping for your kind understanding and thank you for your support.

Thank you!
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9. You're most welcome. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_RLpZJ2uckglp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407835 ft

Malaysia

My dji rc pro enterprise crashes software. The indicator light is on & still beeping. but nothing on the display. Cannot touch anything. Cannot see anything. Help me. I worry my boss will kill me
2023-6-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_RLpZJ2uckglp Posted at 6-13 21:00
My dji rc pro enterprise crashes software. The indicator light is on & still beeping. but nothing on the display. Cannot touch anything. Cannot see anything. Help me. I worry my boss will kill me

start by plugging it into your computer via USB.  Check with Assistant 2 if all is well.  Refresh firmware.  Otherwise open a ticket by writing to enterprise@dji.com.  If the boss becomes angry call 911
2023-6-13
Use props
ManLittle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443 ft

United States

I would love to just do the same but Pilot 2 on RC Plus when I have DJI Fly running.
5-2 09:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules