Why 4K120FPS on O3 unit but not available on Avata
1385 9 2023-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leinad1968
lvl.2

Belgium

Hi,
Why 4K120FPS on O3 unit is available but not available on Avata (max 4K60fps)?
Should we expect an upgrade to Avata to reach these 4K120fps in the future?
DJI Avata use O3 unit for sure.
I am a quite confused...

2023-3-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It may not be the O3 module that limits the FPS in 4K but the Avata camera itself...
2023-3-2
Use props
Leinad1968
lvl.2

Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-2 13:08
It may not be the O3 module that limits the FPS in 4K but the Avata camera itself...

Are not they the same? (same sizes, ND filters,...) ?
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata max video resolution with the DJI Goggles 2 is 4k@ 50/60fps. I will take this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Leinad1968 Posted at 3-2 13:44
Are not they the same? (same sizes, ND filters,...) ?

I don't know, I'm as confused as you. We never know what to expect with DJI.
2023-3-2
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

it depends what is inside avata vs O3 standalone. Might be different CPU (older, slower, etc), or even when CPU is same it would depend how they did program it.
for example: in avata it may also uses part of compute power as FC, so that would leave less free resource to go 120fps (vid might be choppy, overheat issues, etc) and they did disable it on purpose
2023-3-3
Use props
Leinad1968
lvl.2

Belgium

KREMi Posted at 3-3 06:40
it depends what is inside avata vs O3 standalone. Might be different CPU (older, slower, etc), or even when CPU is same it would depend how they did program it.
for example: in avata it may also uses part of compute power as FC, so that would leave less free resource to go 120fps (vid might be choppy, overheat issues, etc) and they did disable it on purpose

Yes your point of vue seems interesting and possible.
If someone from DJI could reply, it will be interesting for a lot of people.
I don't complain on my Avata capacities, not at all it is a great product and sufficient for me,  nor on the O3 air unit that is great, but I am just curious to understand technogically where is the difference (just software configuration, or other electronics used, or anything else?).
2023-3-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-3-13
Use props
Paul Crisafulli
lvl.1

United States

Is the 120fps ever going to be flyable? I’m only able to get 100fps to work stutter free but the latency is quite noticeable.
Is this something that a firmware update can fix or is this a hardware limitation?
4-29 10:41
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Paul Crisafulli Posted at 4-29 10:41
Is the 120fps ever going to be flyable? I’m only able to get 100fps to work stutter free but the latency is quite noticeable.
Is this something that a firmware update can fix or is this a hardware limitation?

If you're using FPV Goggles V2, you actually get 120fps live view in your goggles. Since Goggles 2, Integra, and 3 all use OLED screens with max refresh rate of 100hz, you can only get up to 100 fps live view, so when you select a 120fps mode, your live view gets cut to every other frame and shows 60fps, increasing your latency to about 40ms. There's no working around that. I suggested to DJI on multiple occasions to give us 90fps mode which would be a good compromise between lower latency and highest fps that's divisible by 30 which would make it useable on 95% of screens.
4-29 11:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules