https://github.com/RUB-SysSec/DroneSecurity
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But you can turn it off.     There's a tool floating around to do that.
2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that article proves that DJI lied about it being encrypted.  
2023-3-3
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 00:42
But you can turn it off.     There's a tool floating around to do that.

I have tried that tool, it is on GitHub but I won't link it here so this thread doesn't get removed.

Basically that tool doesn't work on new firmwares and new versions of DJI Fly app.
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 3-3 04:01
I have tried that tool, it is on GitHub but I won't link it here so this thread doesn't get removed.

Basically that tool doesn't work on new firmwares and new versions of DJI Fly app.

I wonder if it's the same tool as the one Im referring to connects to the drone via usb to do it.
2023-3-3
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Thanks to bots for digging this thread up...

Anyway, how do we feel about this now that it's public data for all drones with RemoteID?
4-30 11:32
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the Nigerians are back with a new scam...  
5-2 02:52
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-2 02:52
Looks like the Nigerians are back with a new scam...

Yup, now they're advertising hackers like it's a good thing....LoL....Next, they'll be advertising on YouTube or the like...
5-2 05:16
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 5-2 05:16
Yup, now they're advertising hackers like it's a good thing....LoL....Next, they'll be advertising on YouTube or the like...

Takes me back to the early days of the internet.  I can't tell you how many Nigerian Generals contacted me offering to give me 20% of their millions if only I would provide them with my bank account & routing numbers.  Such generosity is a tribute to humankind...

5-2 08:45
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-2 08:45
Takes me back to the early days of the internet.  I can't tell you how many Nigerian Generals contacted me offering to give me 20% of their millions if only I would provide them with my bank account & routing numbers.  Such generosity is a tribute to humankind...

LoL...Yup, those damned Nigerian Generals/Princes...Truly great humanitarians!
5-4 15:47
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Does reporting these spammers ever work? I've never seen DJI mods remove one of these posts
5-14 06:50
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

I am a CCW permit holder I am not worried about any hacker attackers confronting me on location. I'll even hand them a business card.
So I say so what if some knows my take off location and home-point. I am not breaking any laws or rules.  Some Karen crying about me flying a drone.  I have, had that happen already,  yup been there done that . I Just hand them a flyer and my business card and send them of their merry way.  if they persist to harass you, call the police.
if things gets violent because of the hacker attacker. then just defend yourself and shoot them with some pepper spray. or your handy 9mm.  just because we are a drone pilot, we don't have to give up our rights.
5-14 20:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-14 06:50
Does reporting these spammers ever work? I've never seen DJI mods remove one of these posts

It does work.  You reported it and they cleaned up the thread.  
11 hours ago
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:03
It does work.  You reported it and they cleaned up the thread.

There's a "report" button on posts that I've been using so far and it never seemed to work but yeah after I found the thread for spam reporting and posted in there, they removed it pretty quickly
10 hours ago
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-14 20:04
I am a CCW permit holder I am not worried about any hacker attackers confronting me on location. I'll even hand them a business card.
So I say so what if some knows my take off location and home-point. I am not breaking any laws or rules.  Some Karen crying about me flying a drone.  I have, had that happen already,  yup been there done that . I Just hand them a flyer and my business card and send them of their merry way.  if they persist to harass you, call the police.
if things gets violent because of the hacker attacker. then just defend yourself and shoot them with some pepper spray. or your handy 9mm.  just because we are a drone pilot, we don't have to give up our rights.

We can't buy a 9mm in any store over here across the pond, but pepper spray is actually a good idea for a drone kit

I've been pretty lucky so far with very few Karens in my 6 years of flying, most people are just curious and come to ask the standard questions - how far/fast/high can it go, how much does it cost, and occasionally can I try
10 hours ago
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-17 04:03
There's a "report" button on posts that I've been using so far and it never seemed to work  but yeah after I found the thread for spam reporting and posted in there, they removed it pretty quickly

For some reason that report button has not every worked since I've been on the thread.  The latest forum revamp has helped cut out some of the worst spammers so it is getting a bit better.  Now, as far as getting out of hand once in a while that does happen as there have been a few major "disagreements" which they should have taken to a PM but they didn't.
5 mins ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules