Bad quality footage
1304 21 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889091 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I have recently bought an AVATA and love it. Only trouble is the footage quality is terrible, even worse when you crop it for 9:16.

I have a tried a number of settings to make is smoother, changing the WB, Shutter Speed, ISO, Frame rate. All are giving poor quality colour and grainy footage.

I have a number of other Mavic Drones and do not have this problem with any. Any help welcome.

Cheers.
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please show us some sample footage? Preferably the original footage. You can upload it to Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-6
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

Same issue. I make only videos for TikTok and Insta > Footage looks fine directly out of the drone. If i crop the footage via Capcut it looks like sh**. found no reason for this. I made the same process with my mini 3 pro and everthing is fine.
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

Minime0815 Posted at 9-8 05:02
Same issue. I make only videos for TikTok and Insta > Footage looks fine directly out of the drone. If i crop the footage via Capcut it looks like sh**. found no reason for this. I made the same process with my mini 3 pro and everthing is fine.

Yep, the footage form the Avata looks ok, even when played around with the settings. When you crop it, I've tried a number of programs and try and up load it in 1080p. Well, you don't bother. I have a mini 2, 2 x 3 pro's and not had any of these problems, even when cropping a landscape mini 3 or 2 to portrait.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-6 01:20
Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please show us some sample footage? Preferably the original footage. You can upload it to Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you for your patience.

Can I add an iCloud link instead?
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f Posted at 9-12 03:30
Can I add an iCloud link instead?

Hi. Sure thing. We will wait for it. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-12
Use props
William Perez
lvl.1

Peru

Quiero aclarar mis dudas, el celular Redmi Note 10 tiene tres versiones, normal, lite y pro.
Mi pregunta es la siguiente: ¿Los tres son compatibles con DJI FLY? Espero que puedan ayudarme...
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-12 03:37
Hi. Sure thing. We will wait for it. Have a great day ahead.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e0tJB7SU7carkDmCccSOeLEw
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f Posted at 9-13 01:23
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e0tJB7SU7carkDmCccSOeLEw

Thank you very much. I will get this referred to our relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-13
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-13 03:04
Thank you very much. I will get this referred to our relevant team. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. Checking the original video with our team, the sharpness of the video is normal. If the Aspect ratio is adjusted through third-party software, the sharpness of the picture decreases. Please try using a different software. Hopefully, your forum mates can give you awesome recommendations. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

William Perez Posted at 9-12 07:40
Quiero aclarar mis dudas, el celular Redmi Note 10 tiene tres versiones, normal, lite y pro.
Mi pregunta es la siguiente: ¿Los tres son compatibles con DJI FLY? Espero que puedan ayudarme...

Hi there. I got your message. Please, kindly check your inbox. Thank you and have a great day ahead.
2023-9-13
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-13 04:45
Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. Checking the original video with our team, the sharpness of the video is normal. If the Aspect ratio is adjusted through third-party software, the sharpness of the picture decreases. Please try using a different software. Hopefully, your forum mates can give you awesome recommendations. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.

No, it's not the software I am speaking of so much, it is the general quality of the footage even before editing. If this is 'normal quality' as you say, then it makes the Avata an expensive toy, rather than a useable piece of camera kit.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f Posted at 9-13 07:19
No, it's not the software I am speaking of so much, it is the general quality of the footage even before editing. If this is 'normal quality' as you say, then it makes the Avata an expensive toy, rather than a useable piece of camera kit.

We understand the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-13
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Germany

It's not just the sharpness. It's just generally blocky. It pixelates.

With the Mini 3 Pro I follow exactly the same process and the videos are still great when cropped. With Avata it's actually crap. I have no idea why. I film with the Mini 3 Pro in 4K/30 with the Avata in 4k/60. Can the number of frames cause the quality issues?
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

Minime0815 Posted at 9-17 23:36
It's not just the sharpness. It's just generally blocky. It pixelates.

With the Mini 3 Pro I follow exactly the same process and the videos are still great when cropped. With Avata it's actually crap. I have no idea why. I film with the Mini 3 Pro in 4K/30 with the Avata in 4k/60. Can the number of frames cause the quality issues?

Excactly the same problem. No idea, I have tried 4k/60, 4k/30, 2.7k/ 100, 2.7k /120 it all seems to have the same results. I notice on the advert for the Avata, there are only sections where it say 'filmed on Avata'.

I am genuinely gutted, it's a great piece if kit, intuitive and fun, but the camera quality or at least the footage is awful. The DJI guy here, says it's down to the software, but even just when I crop the footage without reducing it, I have the same problem.

Like you say, same procedure with the mini 3, same software, exactly the same memory cards, same process. No problems. Like I said in a previous post, it's actually an expensive toy rather than a serious piece of camera kit.

I have looked on other forums and there are a lot of people mentioning this too. Their answer....... 'mount a go pro', which kind of defeats the object of having the Avata in the first place.
2023-9-18
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Germany

Edit 4: test in ultrawide, cinelike 4k/30 looks much better in 9:16 as before. Today i make a test this without cinelike, because i could not transfer the files to fly app (10Bit) and this is for me a big deal. I edit 99% on my ipdad.

Edit 3:
today i found a youtube video. I need to test this: Cinelike, Ultrawide (rocksteady) in 4k/30 to get 10 Bit. Noise Reduction/ Sharpness -2.
In this video, they guy cropped the footage to 250% and this looks better then my actual footage in 9:16. Maybe 10 bit and ultrawide is the gamechanger here.

Edit 2:
tested with 4:3 in Cinelike > same issue. > cropped to 9:16 > pixels/ blurry.
Think the issue is the bitrate. Avata: max 50. Mini 3 Pro: 150.

So, now i think the only way is a Gopro 11 Mini. Full Size is may to heavy. 350 EUR to get better/ useable footage for social media. Thank you very much DJI...not.
Only hope: TikTok and Instagram release the fullscreen view for all users. This could solve all the problems
But for around 1000 EUR i could not recommed the Avata for Social Media use. Its a shame.

Edit:

Yesterday I tried all sorts of programs. As soon as the crop comes, the image becomes blurry and partially pixelated.

No matter what setting, it pixelates. So either this isn't real 4k or DJI screwed up something else.

In the end it's just fake 4k. That would be awesome...not.

Today I'm going to try 4:3 but I think it only goes up to 2.7k.

Whatever, that doesn't work at all.

Info: Noise reduction doesn't help at all.

Original:

strange, my idea was that the bitrate might be too high and then it would be compressed too much by social media.

As I said, the raw footage looks perfect on my iPad. As soon as I cut, edit or upload it > ugh. This looks zero pro.

I do not understand this DJI.

As you say, I use the same SD card etc.

Why is the quality of Avata so much worse?

Gopro? No, I'm buying the Avata so I can fly everything my Mini 3 can't. With the Gropro on top it's too high. It can't be that I have to spend another 500 EUR on a GoPro to get usable videos.

2023-9-18
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Germany

New Test: 4K/30 Ultrawide > without Cinelike.  Edit > Upload to TikTok and no pixels.  I think the 30fps are the gamechanger. 60 fps cause the quality issues if cropped. Thats sad but i can work with that settings.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks I will give it a go, like you say, tried 2.7k with 4;3 and that was just rubbish. I think I have tried the 4k 30fps, but will give it another go.
2023-9-26
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f Posted at 9-26 00:27
Thanks I will give it a go, like you say, tried 2.7k with 4;3 and that was just rubbish. I think I have tried the 4k 30fps, but will give it another go.

Actually i get good footage with 16:9 - 4k/30 FPS ultrawide - no cinelike - noise/ sharpness -2. I use 99% capcut and it looks much better then before on social media.
2023-9-26
Use props
mikaelabartlett
New

Australia

I am having the same issue. It is clear footage until I upload to video editors and crop or expand to 9:16.....
5-1 17:09
Use props
djiuser_QVCUPkbxAJ5f
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Mike, after a lot of fiddling here are the solutions for 9:16 I have found. Admittedly, some of the footage problems I had encountered were my lack of knowledge/ understanding.

If filmed at 4k 60fps - the problem I was having was when I was reducing the frame rate. So I filmed at 4k 60fps, cropped and chopped and saved output as 1080p 30 fps. This caused stutter in playback, so I left the frame rate as 60 and works fine.

I also have started filming in 2.7k 30fps wide. And this works well for quick edits.
5-1 21:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules