New DJI Mic 2 Firmware Released (04/26/2024)
12Next >
5386 47 1-31 00:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2024.04.26
  • Firmware: v04.04.05.13

What's New
  • Now supports connection with Sony cameras via DJI Mic 2 Camera Adapter. See DJI Mic 2 Camera Adapter Compatibility List for specific models.
  • Optimized receiver pop-up interaction. Pop-up window automatically closes after 3 s of no response.
  • Optimized logic of splitting files recorded to the transmitter. When recording 32-bit float audio, the file is automatically split and stored every 30 minutes.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Overview:

• Date: 2024.01.31
  • Firmware: v04.03.08.31

What’s New
  • Added Transmitter Auto Off, enabled by default. When enabled, the transmitter, when not connected to any device and without independent recording activated, automatically shuts down after 15 minutes of no use.
  • Added Noise Reduction via Button, enabled by default. When enabled, press the power button to enable or disable noise reduction.
  • Added compatibility with the iPhone 15 series, supporting the receiver to be used while charging when connecting to a mobile phone via the mobile device adapter.
  • Optimized the stability of the system during use.
  • Fixed issue: the transmitter could not switch to Bluetooth mode while internal recording was activated.
  • Fixed issue: the transmitter, when directly connected to a Bluetooth device, incorrectly indicated support for internal recording and noise reduction through the LED information.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes:
  • When there is new firmware available, update the firmware by connecting the transmitters and the receiver to the computer one at a time.

How to update firmware:
  • Download the firmware on the product page at www.dji.com/mic-2/downloads.
  • Connect a transmitter or the receiver to the computer using the USB-C cable provided. When connecting to a computer, the receiver needs to be in the off state, and the transmitter can be either in the on or off state.
  • Place the downloaded firmware update package .bin file under the root directories of the transmitter or receiver.
  • After disconnecting from the computer, the receiver will start upgrading automatically, and the screen will display "updating" during the upgrading process. The transmitter needs to be powered on to start upgrading automatically. The System Status LED will blink red and green alternately during the upgrading process.
  • Once the upgrade is complete, the firmware version can be viewed on the receiver to confirm that it has been successfully upgraded to the latest firmware.

• If the firmware update fails, download the firmware again, restart the receiver or transmitter, and repeat the steps above. After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on the receiver to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.
  • If the firmware of the transmitter does not automatically update after powering on, disable Auto Record on the receiver touchscreen or manually stop the transmitter internal recording after connecting the transmitter to the receiver.

1-31 00:21
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

am I happy with update? see here:
1-31 04:50
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Download page response with a 404
Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 14.17.04.png
1-31 05:17
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Czechia

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 05:17

what about this one?
https://www.dji.com/cz/mic-2/downloads
1-31 05:24
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-31 05:17

Or here… https://www.dji.com/uk/mic-2/downloads
1-31 05:54
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! Updating TX and RX now.

I did see the 404 error from DJI's bad link above, just went to DJI.com and went to the MIC 2 Downloads page instead.
1-31 06:50
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

Updated and still muffled and low volume recording.. :/ When you look at it, there are many electronic circuits and integrated circuits inside, but it records the sound like an average microphone. I hope it gets better.. With Osmo Pocket 3 I can record with minimum +8 gain, otherwise it is very very low sound.. In my opinion it needs some smart calibration or auto gain function that we should teach the mic.
1-31 12:14
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

firatdede Posted at 1-31 12:14
Updated and still muffled and low volume recording.. :/ When you look at it, there are many electronic circuits and integrated circuits inside, but it records the sound like an average microphone. I hope it gets better.. With Osmo Pocket 3 I can record with minimum +8 gain, otherwise it is very very low sound.. In my opinion it needs some smart calibration or auto gain function that we should teach the mic.

firatdede, question for you.

when you adjust gain on a TX unit, does it affect the internal, 32 bit recording on that unit, or is that gain non adjustable?

on the rode wireless pro i have, TX gain setting only impacts the audio being sent to the receiver from the TX, not the internal 32 bit recording itself.
1-31 16:29
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm confused - should I download the TX firmware update if I use my TX with my Pocket 3 only? (ie, I dont have an RX unit, only the TX unit that came with the Creator bundle Pocket 3
1-31 19:03
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm confused - should I download the TX firmware update if I use my TX with my Pocket 3 only? (ie, I dont have an RX unit, only the TX unit that came with the Creator bundle Pocket 3
1-31 19:03
Use props
djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB
lvl.3

Spain

Yes. It affects how the TX interacts with the pocket 3. For example, you can cancel the auto-off after 15 minutes.
1-31 21:40
Use props
Krieg
lvl.2

Spain

@DJI Support As I understand it, you can now record internally while you are using the microphone connected by Bluetooth, both at the same time?
Thanks in advance.
1-31 22:25
Use props
Krieg
lvl.2

Spain

As I understand it, you can now record internally while you are using the microphone connected by Bluetooth, both at the same time?
Thanks in advance.
1-31 22:26
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

manz187 Posted at 1-31 19:03
I'm confused - should I download the TX firmware update if I use my TX with my Pocket 3 only? (ie, I dont have an RX unit, only the TX unit that came with the Creator bundle Pocket 3

As far as I can see there is no new TX firmware. This update seems to apply only to the DJI Mic 2 receiver and I presume the relevant elements are also contained in the contemporaneous Pocket 3 firmware update.
2-1 08:16
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.4

Spain

TooDeep Posted at 2-1 08:16
As far as I can see there is no new TX firmware. This update seems to apply only to the DJI Mic 2 receiver and I presume the relevant elements are also contained in the contemporaneous Pocket 3 firmware update.

No. There is a transmitter update. I installed it on all 3 of ours this morning.
2-1 08:21
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 2-1 08:21
No. There is a transmitter update. I installed it on all 3 of ours this morning.

Just found it, thanks.
2-1 11:05
Use props
danielock
lvl.2
Netherlands

Krieg Posted at 1-31 22:25
@DJI Support As I understand it, you can now record internally while you are using the microphone connected by Bluetooth, both at the same time?
Thanks in advance.

Yes but that is not new it was possible in the last release. The whole idea is that you can use it as a backup. To be fair its smart todo a 32bits backup in the unit since there are still bugs inside the mic2->action4 that result in audio drops so having a backup on the transmitter is needed.
2-1 12:45
Use props
Krieg
lvl.2

Spain

danielock Posted at 2-1 12:45
Yes but that is not new it was possible in the last release. The whole idea is that you can use it as a backup. To be fair its smart todo a 32bits backup in the unit since there are still bugs inside the mic2->action4 that result in audio drops so having a backup on the transmitter is needed.

Thank you very much, as I read in the instruction manual (I haven't bought it yet) you couldn't record internally and connect the DJI Mic 2 to an Insta360 for example at the same time, it was either connected via Bluetooth or recording internally.
Again, thank you very much.
2-1 21:40
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Czechia

Krieg Posted at 2-1 21:40
Thank you very much, as I read in the instruction manual (I haven't bought it yet) you couldn't record internally and connect the DJI Mic 2 to an Insta360 for example at the same time, it was either connected via Bluetooth or recording internally.

Don’t know about insta360 but you can connect via Bluetooth to Action 4 while still internally recording 32bit
2-1 23:51
Use props
Krieg
lvl.2

Spain

LeMagnifique Posted at 2-1 23:51
Don’t know about insta360 but you can connect via Bluetooth to Action 4 while still internally recording 32bit

I ask this more than anything about an insta360 because my intention is to use it on an insta360 camera.
With these 2 things, however, I don't know if it works now or not.
Fixed issue: the transmitter could not switch to Bluetooth mode while internal recording was activated.
Fixed issue: the transmitter, when directly connected to a Bluetooth device, incorrectly indicated support for internal recording and noise reduction through the LED information.
And that's why my question, more than anything.
2-2 05:34
Use props
JayWhyEnEcks
lvl.1

United States

Found an issue with the DJI Mic 2, but don't know if it's from the new firmware or old firmware so maybe someone who hasn't updated yet can check this to see if you can...

If you connect both mics to the receiver at the same time, and you swipe up on the receiver, you see the 3 quick settings for the Transmitter 2 (Rec, Mute and Noise Cancelling) but you are unable to switch to Transmitter 1 (no other swipe or dial doesn't change)...so dual recording remotely is not possible

I have reached out to DJI and reported this issue
IMG20240202175731.jpg
2-3 00:11
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JayWhyEnEcks Posted at 2-3 00:11
Found an issue with the DJI Mic 2, but don't know if it's from the new firmware or old firmware so maybe someone who hasn't updated yet can check this to see if you can...

If you connect both mics to the receiver at the same time, and you swipe up on the receiver, you see the 3 quick settings for the Transmitter 2 (Rec, Mute and Noise Cancelling) but you are unable to switch to Transmitter 1 (no other swipe or dial doesn't change)...so dual recording remotely is not possible

Interesting, good catch! I updated the firmware so I see this now. Not sure if it does this with the old FW. I tried swiping up again, using the dial & button, not able to switch to the TX1. I also tried setting Mono to Stereo and Mono Safety-- none of those change to TX1 or set both transmitters.
2-3 06:02
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RobZilla Posted at 2-3 06:02
Interesting, good catch! I updated the firmware so I see this now. Not sure if it does this with the old FW. I tried swiping up again, using the dial & button, not able to switch to the TX1. I also tried setting Mono to Stereo and Mono Safety-- none of those change to TX1 or set both transmitters.

Checked this & rx is working fine swipe up on left of main screen for tx1 & right hand side for tx2 when both are connected it’s the same as it always was & as per the manual/guide.
2-3 12:00
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 2-3 12:00
Checked this & rx is working fine swipe up on left of main screen for tx1 & right hand side for tx2 when both are connected it’s the same as it always was & as per the manual/guide.

Ah I got it, you swipe up from the main screen, but swiping is important, a little left(TX1) or little right (TX2) from the main screen, not the center. Thank you!!
2-3 15:00
Use props
Tanke
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

HELP!   How can I enable/disable  Auto Off  when I have no receiver ?  
2-4 03:46
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you never saw this topic in the DJI mic thread maybe because I was in the DJI mic not mic 2  my  my
2-4 04:41
Use props
fansc400e39e
lvl.1
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2-4 04:41
thank you never saw this topic in the DJI mic thread maybe because I was in the DJI mic not mic 2  my  my

Great QOL improvements. I was worried that accidentally activating the noise cancelling was going to be a problem.

2-5 12:46
Use props
forcebio
lvl.2

France

Hello,
Thanks for this update !
Firmwares updated on my products, so far so good !
2-18 01:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Purchased  a new  1Rx +Tx kit. factory firmware on the 1st one I gotten was better, this one issues, sounds like hit-n-miss.  Time to update  the firmwares:

What I noticed with the Rx;
1. turning on   takes from 3 to 10 secs, sometimes nothing
2. a  rapid flash of a white line when camera is OFF
3. Bright dull screen on turn on meaning  the screen may  be darker on start up then  goes to normal.

What I noticed with the Tx;

1.   random  have to re-pair to the Oar when turn on
2. random drop outs within  hands length.

these are just some of the things I noticed over the weeks of use.   So its best to simply do an update  trial out, and if issues persist, a return for an exchange is best, maybe the next one will be more or less troublesome.

Updated:

1. the Rx taken too long to turn on
2 the white thin line now moved to the right side without anything plugged to the rx
3 the screen  boot up is  hard to see

Firmware did not fix it

3-19 03:33
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

1st time charging, the Tx will buzz then charge with four blinks, when completed off.  some will stay blinking and when removed will say 100% charged,  to correct this issue, simply update the tx, and  works normal

each unit differs
3-27 03:58
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Problems only the headset out is working not line out
4-2 20:59
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I  tried reloading firmware, guess it is one time only unless I am missing something like renaming it lol
4-4 14:33
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

is there a New Firmware coming, if the topic gets let go?
4-10 02:59
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

There is a DOT in The end of The link leading to 404.
4-28 07:42
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So what does this now mean when I simply turn on my Rx, and not use it for 3 seconds the screen goes OFF.   

4-29 10:54
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 4-29 10:54
So what does this now mean when I simply turn on my Rx, and not use it for 3 seconds the screen goes OFF.   

Does that  mean in the Pocket 3 that the DJI mic 2 prompt goes off in 3 seconds?
4-29 10:55
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.4

Spain

Fishycomics Posted at 4-29 10:55
Does that  mean in the Pocket 3 that the DJI mic 2 prompt goes off in 3 seconds?

Yes. The big prompt now gets out of the way much faster.
4-30 04:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 4-30 04:48
Yes. The big prompt now gets out of the way much faster.

do need to see that video before I try myself, DJI can not do that
4-30 09:01
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-29 10:55

It’s a change to the receiver startup screen Fish, so the DJI logo isn’t there for ages on startup.  Just try switching your rx off then on again it’s not the mic connected message on the cameras. Not sure if rx startup time has changed or just the logo on screen timing.  Also appears that the click interaction yellow framing now closes after 3s and doesn’t just sit active now.
4-30 09:21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you, I know the turn on takes a 3 second press,    I wonder if tht was what they ment or like you're saying the DJI logo to pop off after the innitial turn on, that stays on under 3 seconds.

DJI logo is 1.8 seconds off from a 3 second On press

No Yellow screen
4-30 10:17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules