My Avata is not entering in pairing mode.
533 16 3-16 04:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

Hello all,
I'm seeking a solution for this problem, as it's getting really frustrating, and I can't understand If I'm the one doing something wrong.

I'm not able to use my Avata - it is not pairing. I have tried everything. Firmware is updated on all the devices. The main issue is the fact that when I'm trying to manually bind the devices, my Avata is not entering in the pairing mode. Pressing the battery button for at least 4-5 seconds, doesn't work. somewhere at the second 3 is getting out of the blinking sequence.

I really hope some of you got a solution for this situation and looking forward for one.

3-16 04:27
Use props
MAF178
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Kuwait

remove the battery from the avata and press the battery button till it starts .. then deep press the battery without connecting it for 3 seconds .. does it blinks ?

if it blinks .. insert the battery to the avata while its being ON and then try to pair

3-16 14:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. After pressing the link button on the Goggles. The Goggles will start to beep as it indicates that it entered linking mode, you need to "PRESS AND HOLD" the power button on the aircraft until the battery level LEDs start to blink in sequence. If the issue persists, please record a short video showing the problem and send it to us so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-16 21:56
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

MAF178 Posted at 3-16 14:25
remove the battery from the avata and press the battery button till it starts .. then deep press the battery without connecting it for 3 seconds .. does it blinks ?

Unfortunately, it doesn't enter in the pairing mode/blinking sequence.

While I'm pressing and holding the button, it's blinking like it is counting seconds - always at the 3rd blink, is stopping.
3-16 23:08
Use props
IceBlueMink
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 21:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. After pressing the link button on the Goggles. The Goggles will start to beep as it indicates that it entered linking mode, you need to "PRESS AND HOLD" the power button on the aircraft until the battery level LEDs start to blink in sequence. If the issue persists, please record a short video showing the problem and send it to us so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

Experiencing the exact same issue and have spent hours trying to troubleshoot it to no success. Pressing the battery power button for 3-4 seconds does nothing but make the  LEDS blink 3 times and stops. The frontal LED is blinking rainbow. Would the environment affect the pairing ability? E.G indoors comapred to outdoors? Got this thing a few days ago and still trying to get it to pair.
3-27 21:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

IceBlueMink Posted at 3-27 21:31
Experiencing the exact same issue and have spent hours trying to troubleshoot it to no success. Pressing the battery power button for 3-4 seconds does nothing but make the  LEDS blink 3 times and stops. The frontal LED is blinking rainbow. Would the environment affect the pairing ability? E.G indoors comapred to outdoors? Got this thing a few days ago and still trying to get it to pair. [view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you have managed to activate the unit before? If you are having issues with pairing the aircraft, goggles, and remote controller, kindly download first the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update all the components (one by one) to its latest firmware then try linking them again to see if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Please follow the tutorial below for the guide on how to set up the unit. Please keep us posted.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series

3-30 03:08
Use props
djiuser_Zg7o4KviOv5L
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue, only mine was flying fine for over a year until I updated to firmware 1.05. I had the drone in the air moments before deciding to land and update the firmware, after which point it allowed me to fly for all of two seconds before popping up with an error and starting RTH. I canceled RTH and flew it back (about 10ft), landed, and it immediately disconnected and began flashing rainbow. I've updated firmware, made sure batteries were fully charged, updated my headset and controller, and even tried the weird powered battery plug-in hack mentioned above. Nothing seems to work.

I'm just lucky I wasn't flying for a gig at the time, because this issue would have cost me a job.
4-25 09:01
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 03:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you have managed to activate the unit before? If you are having issues with pairing the aircraft, goggles, and remote controller, kindly download first the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update all the components (one by one) to its latest firmware then try linking them again to see if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Please follow the tutorial below for the guide on how to set up the unit. Please keep us posted.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I've followed each and every step, being sure I have all the devices updated, without succeeding...

this is disappointing....
4-25 12:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

d.buzdugan Posted at 4-25 12:16
I've followed each and every step, being sure I have all the devices updated, without succeeding...

this is disappointing....

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly upload a short video showing the issue so we can check the behavior further. Also, please include the firmware version you are using with your aircraft, goggles, and remote controller for further investigation. Please keep us posted.
4-26 20:08
Use props
FLPenguin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122749 ft
United States

Same/similar issue, details below.

Setup:
* Avata (1 battery reports v01.05.0000, for the other battery see below)
* Goggles 2 (v01.09.0000)
* 2x RC Motion 2 controllers (v02.00.0700)
* 1x FPV RC 2 controller (v02.00.0900)
* 2x Intelligent Flight Battery
* DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) (v2.121, macOS Sonoma)

Problem & Troubleshooting:
Upon launching the DJI app on my iPhone and starting the "Connection Guide", I can't get past step 3 of 4 (shown at top of DJI App) which prompts to pair a remote.

Following the instructions, I power on the remote. The lights blink and then turn solid green. After a few seconds of not automatically pairing, the text at the bottom changes to "Trouble linking your remote?" (or some such) that, when tapped, gives instructions to hold down the power button on the remote for 4 seconds and then tap the "Pair" button on the screen. Tapping the "Pair" button starts a 60 second countdown and disables the button.

The remote seems to pair (lights stop cycling in sequence, all lights are on and solid) but the "Pair" 60 second timer in the DJI app continues to countdown until it reaches 0 and issues an error that the attempt failed.

Tapping the "3/4" (step 3 of 4) at the top of the DJI app results in the attached screenshot. i

I can bypass by tapping "Camera View" at the top of the DJI app on my phone on this screen. Using the Goggles 2, I can then see what the drone sees. "Status" menu reports no issues, the "RC" signal meter at the bottom is white (not greyed out, like it would be if it can't find any remote) and signal bars are full.

No compass, calibration, or any other error or failure shown on any menu. Pressing the "Mode" button on any remote results in the UI within the Goggles 2 UI to reflect the switch from "Normal" to "Sport".

However, the rotors don't start upon pressing the "Lock" button twice in quick succession.

I have access to an additional RC Motion 2 controller and FPV RC 2 controller and the issue/behavior persists across all 3 remotes.

The only other thing "of note" is that when connecting the Avata to my computer and opening DJI Assistant 2, one of the two batteries causes the "Firmware Update" tab to just display "Loading" indefinitely. It doesn't present the current firmware version installed like it does when the other battery, remotes, or goggles are connected.

Have attempted outdoors and indoors. Drone was flying fine with either battery a week ago.
4-27 05:28
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-26 20:08
Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly upload a short video showing the issue so we can check the behavior further. Also, please include the firmware version you are using with your aircraft, goggles, and remote controller for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

https://youtu.be/kP3sg6JwGTg

Above the video.

As I have mentioned all the devices are updated to the last firmware.

Looking forward for your reply.
4-28 07:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

d.buzdugan Posted at 4-28 07:19
https://youtu.be/kP3sg6JwGTg

Above the video.

Thank you for the information provided. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further investigation. We will keep you posted.
4-28 19:41
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-28 19:41
Thank you for the information provided. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further investigation. We will keep you posted.

Any updates on this, please?
5-2 12:38
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

d.buzdugan Posted at 5-2 12:38
Any updates on this, please?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. If your aircraft firmware is already the latest version, please confirm whether there is an SD card installed in the aircraft. If yes, please remove the SD card and try to enter the binding state again then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
5-3 00:36
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-3 00:36
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. If your aircraft firmware is already the latest version, please confirm whether there is an SD card installed in the aircraft. If yes, please remove the SD card and try to enter the binding state again then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.

I have tried:

1. with the removed card
2. by inserting the card back
3. by removing the card again.

All 3 are individual binding instances.

5-4 08:34
Use props
d.buzdugan
lvl.1
Malta

I would really appreciate a quicker response..... It's been over a year since I bought it, and I haven't had a chance to fly it yet due to these stubborn pairing problems. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when I see newer models hitting the market.

Just a heads up, I still have an active DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan for my DJI Avata. So, I'm really hoping we can get this sorted out soon and make the most out of my investment.
5-4 08:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

d.buzdugan Posted at 5-4 08:34
I have tried:

1. with the removed card

Thank you for keeping us posted.  In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support or create an online ticket using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your understanding.
5-4 21:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules