Who just bought DJI Avata 2?
1139 34 4-14 07:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This poll was made to see who has and has not bought the DJI Avata 2.
Single SelectVote, Total 66 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 29849 Day20 Hour49 Min

Your user group with no voting privileges
4-14 07:47
Use props
Jo060
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2513104 ft
United States

This isn't a poll
4-14 11:05
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Jo060 Posted at 4-14 11:05
This isn't a poll

Yes, but if you want to make 1000 points per week, this is one way...

You can blame DJI Admin for this...
4-14 15:02
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

With the speed 19m/s limitation in Europe, it doesn't worth the money
4-14 21:30
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-14 21:30
With the speed 19m/s limitation in Europe, it doesn't worth the money

thats the exact problem...nice piece, but in EU waste of money.

DJI, we need a sub 250g FPV Drone
4-14 22:17
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Minime0815 Posted at 4-14 22:17
thats the exact problem...nice piece, but in EU waste of money.

DJI, we need a sub 250g FPV Drone

Yes, the Avata 2 looks great and if we hadn't that stupid laws I am sure that I was going to purchse it.

Waiting for a C3 version of this model from DJI, waiting for a hack and also waiting for a sub 250g model with C1 label
4-14 22:36
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-14 15:02
Yes, but if you want to make 1000 points per week, this is one way...

You can blame DJI Admin for this...

Blame them for what? I’m not posting to get points, that is not my goal at all.
4-15 02:26
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408855 ft
United States

Just purchased the Avata2 kit.  Never thought I would purchase a DJI platform.  The Avata original reinforced the feeling. Friends Mini 4 Pro reinforced the feeling. Started flying UAS over a decade ago, but stopped pre-pandemic when the FAA UAS registration expired.  More into the "immersive" nature of FPV vs. flying to capture footage. Avata 2 seems to have addressed some concerns of the original. Joshua Bardwell's review was interesting. "Clever" and "Fun".  Flying using the hand controller and head tracking option hooked me.  Manual with the "trad" controller set the hook.

OT: New to the forum.  Cannot post new thread for awhile, if ever.  So, a question???  Can you use the new Goggles3 with DJI Virtual Flight app?
Sorry for the bad forum form.  

4-15 05:22
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

OldGuy2024 Posted at 4-15 05:22
Just purchased the Avata2 kit.  Never thought I would purchase a DJI platform.  The Avata original reinforced the feeling. Friends Mini 4 Pro reinforced the feeling. Started flying UAS over a decade ago, but stopped pre-pandemic when the FAA UAS registration expired.  More into the "immersive" nature of FPV vs. flying to capture footage. Avata 2 seems to have addressed some concerns of the original. Joshua Bardwell's review was interesting. "Clever" and "Fun".  Flying using the hand controller and head tracking option hooked me.  Manual with the "trad" controller set the hook.

OT: New to the forum.  Cannot post new thread for awhile, if ever.  So, a question???  Can you use the new Goggles3 with DJI Virtual Flight app?

No, unfortunately you cannot use Goggles 3 with Virtual Flight.
4-15 07:52
Use props
Andfly
New

Denmark

...And I just now discovered that it is speed limited in Sport mode and no way to disable the security risk (RemoteID)
Will wait for a hack, or dump it on the used-market.
4-15 08:05
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

OldGuy2024 Posted at 4-15 05:22

Welcome aboard!
4-15 09:01
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408855 ft
United States

USER001 Posted at 4-15 07:52
No, unfortunately you cannot use Goggles 3 with Virtual Flight.

Thanks for the info.
Kind of guessed the case. Description noted DJI stopped supporting the app in March.  Hope, for rainy, snowy day flight fix.  Back to indoors flying on those days with the baby Avata pseudo-clone (BetaFPV Aquila).  Fun small 1s, 1100mAh  indoors flier for tight small spaces.
4-15 14:19
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrived on the 15th.
4-22 20:29
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 4-22 20:29
Mine arrived on the 15th.

Great! You will have lots of fun with it.
4-23 07:19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I got one and so did my son. He seems to have taken to it like a duck to water. I've been flying for quite some time I like it.
4-23 08:29
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 4-23 08:29
I got one and so did my son. He seems to have taken to it like a duck to water. I've been flying for quite some time I like it.

My first FPV drone. Was not difficult to get up to speed as I had thought. All my other drones are camera drones. So far still flying with the motion controller, but think I might get a standard controller like I have for all the other drones. I'll see how that works out!
4-23 16:44
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Polar Black Posted at 4-23 16:44
My first FPV drone. Was not difficult to get up to speed as I had thought. All my other drones are camera drones. So far still flying with the motion controller, but think I might get a standard controller like I have for all the other drones. I'll see how that works out!

I have about 20 drones some camera some FPV.  Out of all of them my DJI FPV is my favorite and I seem to get a kick out of chasing things
4-24 01:02
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i am planning on buying the avata 2, but first i have to sell my avata 1 for an acceptable price.

the c1 lable with the speed limit is a minus, but i am confident an affordable (free?) hack will be available soon to use the full potential.
4-24 03:21
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a long time drone pilot and finally making myself get into FPV with the Avanta 2. I love it. Its fun and a great way to be introduced to FPV.
4-27 07:55
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 4-27 07:55
I'm a long time drone pilot and finally making myself get into FPV with the Avanta 2. I love it. Its fun and a great way to be introduced to FPV.

Yes, the Avata 2 is really fun.
4-27 08:24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-27 08:24
Yes, the Avata 2 is really fun.

And how could you possibly know that???  

4-27 13:29
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-27 13:29
And how could you possibly know that???

Because I have one.
4-28 01:14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-28 01:14
Because I have one.

That's not true...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 015&pid=3297052

4-28 03:28
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Yet more lies LOSER001

In the link provided in #23 you posted at 4-22 07:23 you had a Mini 4 Pro and an Osmo action 4. No mention of a Phantom 4 Pro which you had taken to Italy or an Avata 2 which you took delivery of and posted about on 4-16 02:31(see link)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
4-28 05:01
Use props
djiuser_pd5Er93rte1u
New
Flight distance : 343514 ft
United Kingdom

I received mine, yesterday. First flights indoors, crashed 2 times, its unable to hover with mc3. First real flight was great, everything works great. Then swapped avata2 with mini4pro, feels very similar. i guess the only point in avata2 is to fly in manual mode, so ordered rc3. One issue I have is when charged fully 100%, I press the battery indicator and only 2 bars are showing, connected to googles its showing 100% charged. So anyone else only getting 2 bars battery indication ever fully charged?
Really hoping googles3 and rc3 will become conpatible with o3 system.
4-28 05:43
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pd5Er93rte1u Posted at 4-28 05:43
I received mine, yesterday. First flights indoors, crashed 2 times, its unable to hover with mc3. First real flight was great, everything works great. Then swapped avata2 with mini4pro, feels very similar. i guess the only point in avata2 is to fly in manual mode, so ordered rc3. One issue I have is when charged fully 100%, I press the battery indicator and only 2 bars are showing, connected to googles its showing 100% charged. So anyone else only getting 2 bars battery indication ever fully charged?
Really hoping googles3 and rc3 will become conpatible with o3 system.

Something is wrong if it won't hover.  Either the lighting is too low or there is nothing recognizable for the VPS to lock onto & stabilize.
4-28 08:44
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Got mine over a week ago, traded in the A1 for the A2.

took the avata2 on my trip this weekend and flew 5 times with it.
i...... love...... it

even with the MC3 (the fpv controller 3 was out of stock around the world....) it is a dream to fly. The sound is not that anoying as the a1 was (thankfully)
When you get the hang of it, it is really fun to fly with the MC3, and the easy acro mode is awsome (only with they would enable it in sport mode!!!!)

i did put the ham file on to remove the speed limit, as i am planning to fly it in M mode, got the fpv controller 3 now so i can try that

love the new goggles by the way... the sit really comfortable on my face and i can see the complete picture perfectly clear and in focus.
5-7 22:46
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

BadBert Posted at 5-7 22:46
Got mine over a week ago, traded in the A1 for the A2.

took the avata2 on my trip this weekend and flew 5 times with it.

Great! You will have fun. And yes, the noise on the Avata 2 is much quieter than the noise from the Avata 1.
5-7 23:09
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 5-7 23:09
Great! You will have fun. And yes, the noise on the Avata 2 is much quieter than the noise from the Avata 1.

already had a blast, and this was even only using the MC3!!!

the avata 2 is better in every way (in my opinion)

also love the fact the fly more combo now comes with a nice quality bag!!!
5-7 23:55
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

BadBert Posted at 5-7 23:55
already had a blast, and this was even only using the MC3!!!

the avata 2 is better in every way (in my opinion)

I think everyone will agree with you, so there is no need to say "in my opinion"
Yeah, and the bag does have a really nice texture.
5-8 07:21
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

USER001 Posted at 5-8 07:21
I think everyone will agree with you, so there is no need to say "in my opinion"
Yeah, and the bag does have a really nice texture.

There's a few regressions from the first Avata in Avata 2, but those can be fixed by fw updates.

Hardware-wise, it's objectively better in every way, but there are still some people complaining about stupid things like "it's less durable"
5-8 07:41
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-8 07:41
There's a few regressions from the first Avata in Avata 2, but those can be fixed by fw updates.

Hardware-wise, it's objectively better in every way, but there are still some people complaining about stupid things like "it's less durable"

See this video. Yes, it could be less durable. I have a feeling that the original Avata would have endured this crash.
5-8 07:50
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not going to get one myself (unfortunately)
5-9 10:50
Use props
KKRapture
New
Flight distance : 60830 ft
Netherlands

First time posting on this forum and just flew my new Avata2 past 3 days 2 times, love it but can someone hook me up whit a link in this forum to unlock the full potential like more speed i live in the Netherlands a wundefull country  wouldnt trade it for no other place anywhere in the world. like the highway does have a speedlimit so does my little Avata2  plaese anyone help me!!!!!!
5-9 23:39
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

KKRapture Posted at 5-9 23:39
First time posting on this forum and just flew my new Avata2 past 3 days 2 times, love it but can someone hook me up whit a link in this forum to unlock the full potential like more speed i live in the Netherlands a wundefull country  wouldnt trade it for no other place anywhere in the world. like the highway does have a speedlimit so does my little Avata2  plaese anyone help me!!!!!!

just google HAM file avata 2
meer hoef je niet te doen.
5-13 22:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules