Advice/Help required please. Speed Settings
332 19 4-25 02:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I've been trying for quite a while now to set different speed settings on the Avata 2. I can set the Normal forward speed to 8m/s Maximum and the Sport forward speed to 16m/s maximum BUT ALL other settings Max out at 3.5m/s. I have tried repeatedly and refreshed Drone, Motion Controller and Goggles 3 firmware using using Dji Assistant. Anybody any ideas on how to sort this. I have viewed youtubers setting higher speeds on their videos. There is no problem in selecting lower speeds.
4-25 02:01
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Yogi - thats odd as I've been able to set my speed limits in the gains menu of the MC3 to the highest settings. May be a bit obvious but when you reach the botton of the list (3.5m/s) release the joy stick/5d button then click down in single increments rather than holding the stick or 5d button down. Did you also refresh the firmware on all three devices seperately (drone/mc3/goggles 3) using assistant 2 'for consumer drones' and update the fly safe app?   
4-25 07:34
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-25 07:34
Hi Yogi - thats odd as I've been able to set my speed limits in the gains menu of the MC3 to the highest settings. May be a bit obvious but when you reach the botton of the list (3.5m/s) release the joy stick/5d button then click down in single increments rather than holding the stick or 5d button down. Did you also refresh the firmware on all three devices seperately (drone/mc3/goggles 3) using assistant 2 'for consumer drones' and update the fly safe app?

Or push up & it will "roll over" from the lowest to highest speed.
4-25 10:44
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-25 10:44
Or push up & it will "roll over" from the lowest to highest speed.

I just tested it myself on my Avata 2 and once I got to the top (from the highest speed setting) it wouldn't let me return to the lower settings above until I came out of the speed selection and went back in again. It's fine but the speed list does seem to be on two seperate pages. Anyway, back to the fastest settings and leaving it there!
4-25 12:34
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 4-25 12:34
I just tested it myself on my Avata 2 and once I got to the top (from the highest speed setting) it wouldn't let me return to the lower settings above until I came out of the speed selection and went back in again. It's fine but the speed list does seem to be on two seperate pages. Anyway, back to the fastest settings and leaving it there!

There definitely seem to be some issues with scrolling the lists in UI. I was messing with these settings last night (setting sport mode to max speeds and reducing normal mode speed so I can let some kids fly it) and I was definitely able to move from top to bottom and vice versa by moving the 5D button into opposite direction. My AR cursor with RCM3 also works fine and scrolls the list up/down when I get to the edge. Glad I'm not affected by the bugs for once
4-25 13:58
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-25 12:34

Strange.  With mine I can press the Goggle 3 joystick down (towards me) to scroll low to high, or up (away from me) to jump from lowest to highest.  It just rolls over.  I set the MC3 stick to the 50% speed in Normal Mode & 100% in Sport Mode.
4-25 17:01
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AJ, Dirty Bird and fichek. Thank you so much for your replies. I have it sorted now. AJ, I had updated all 3 components using Dji assistant and checked update status on Dji fly app. Your idea of going in and out of the speed settings helped. Dirty Bird, I had been using the pointer to adjust speed settings but had not tried the 5d push button. It works ok using that method both up and down. fichek, my 5d button works fine just  now but the AR cursor seems to be a bit haphazard. (Finger trouble on my part?) Anyway, thanks guys, funny how the forum members can sort these things out  even before Dji admins send a reply. Cheers everyone!
4-26 00:56
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-26 00:56
AJ, Dirty Bird and fichek. Thank you so much for your replies. I have it sorted now. AJ, I had updated all 3 components using Dji assistant and checked update status on Dji fly app. Your idea of going in and out of the speed settings helped. Dirty Bird, I had been using the pointer to adjust speed settings but had not tried the 5d push button. It works ok using that method both up and down. fichek, my 5d button works fine just  now but the AR cursor seems to be a bit haphazard. (Finger trouble on my part?) Anyway, thanks guys, funny how the forum members can sort these things out  even before Dji admins send a reply. Cheers everyone!

Glad you got it fixed yogi - looks like a minor bug.
4-26 04:38
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-25 17:01
Strange.  With mine I can press the Goggle 3 joystick down (towards me) to scroll low to high, or up (away from me) to jump from lowest to highest.  It just rolls over.  I set the MC3 stick to the 50% speed in Normal Mode & 100% in Sport Mode.

I think it sticks a little using the AR cursor with the M3C - seems find with the 5D button using goggles 3.
4-26 04:39
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-26 04:39
I think it sticks a little using the AR cursor with the M3C - seems find with the 5D button using goggles 3.

I was using the 5D switch on the goggles so that may be the difference.
4-26 06:45
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Again, thanks for your help guys. No problem now using 5d button. Wil post again when out in the 'field' and put the AR pointer through its paces.
4-26 07:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, yogi053. Thank you for reaching out. We have tested it on our end and speed can be set normally. Can you please confirm if you have scrolled down to check more speed options? If speed options are still not available, please provide the operation video(goggles screenshot video) to us for further checking. We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
4-28 19:51
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 19:51
Hi, yogi053. Thank you for reaching out. We have tested it on our end and speed can be set normally. Can you please confirm if you have scrolled down to check more speed options? If speed options are still not available, please provide the operation video(goggles screenshot video) to us for further checking. We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.

Hello Dji Gamora. Thank you for your comment here and also your DM. Did you not read the other comments from the other Forum members such as AJ, fichek and Dirty Bird. They ALL helped me with advice and information and I'm now happy with the operation of setting speeds on my Avata 2.
There seems to be an existing Communication problem within Dji itself as well.
On another thread which I asked for care refresh on an existing Mini 2 I have had to send video clips of an issue with said drone and have corresponded with at least 3 different colleagues of yours and 2 of those are with Dji Technical support. (Your 3 colleagues being Siti, Vinodh and Fares). I am also asked to take part in a survey on customer satisfaction with Dji Suport. I don't think you would like my answers if I carried out the survey just now, so I will wait for the outcome of the other matter with the Mini 2.
4-28 22:31
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-28 22:31
Hello Dji Gamora. Thank you for your comment here and also your DM. Did you not read the other comments from the other Forum members such as AJ, fichek and Dirty Bird. They ALL helped me with advice and information and I'm now happy with the operation of setting speeds on my Avata 2.
On another thread which I asked for care refresh on an existing Mini 2 I have had to send video clips of an issue with said drone and have corresponded with at least 3 different colleagues of yours and 2 of those are with Dji Technical support. (Your 3 colleagues being Siti, Vinodh and Fares). I am also asked to take part in a survey on customer satisfaction with Dji Suport. I don't think you would like my answers if I carried out the survey just now, so I will wait for the outcome of the other matter with the Mini 2.

Update: There still seems to be a Communication problem with the different departments in Dji Support. I am still being asked for photographs of the drone in my possession after submitting 2 video clips recently. So, I have since tendered 3 more photos where the Metadata will show that I have said drone. Getting to the stage where I wonder if it is worth carrying asking for help in this matter. Fly App controlled by Dji shows the Drone Care Refresh still valid until June 2024.
4-29 13:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-28 22:31
Hello Dji Gamora. Thank you for your comment here and also your DM. Did you not read the other comments from the other Forum members such as AJ, fichek and Dirty Bird. They ALL helped me with advice and information and I'm now happy with the operation of setting speeds on my Avata 2.
On another thread which I asked for care refresh on an existing Mini 2 I have had to send video clips of an issue with said drone and have corresponded with at least 3 different colleagues of yours and 2 of those are with Dji Technical support. (Your 3 colleagues being Siti, Vinodh and Fares). I am also asked to take part in a survey on customer satisfaction with Dji Suport. I don't think you would like my answers if I carried out the survey just now, so I will wait for the outcome of the other matter with the Mini 2.

Hi, yogi053. Thank you for the update. Apologies if I have missed the posts above but I'm glad that you have figured it out, thanks to the help of our co-users. Regarding the ticket with the DJI Care Refresh, we'll forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-29 21:25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-29 13:18
Update: There still seems to be a Communication problem with the different departments in Dji Support. I am still being asked for photographs of the drone in my possession after submitting 2 video clips recently. So, I have since tendered 3 more photos where the Metadata will show that I have said drone. Getting to the stage where I wonder if it is worth carrying asking for help in this matter. Fly App controlled by Dji shows the Drone Care Refresh still valid until June 2024.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Currently, we are communicating your case with our teams. We will reply to you as soon as we figure out what happened.
4-30 03:20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-30 03:20
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Currently, we are communicating your case with our teams. We will reply to you as soon as we figure out what happened.

I will await further investigation on Dji's part.
4-30 06:03
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 4-30 06:03
I will await further investigation on Dji's part.

Sorry for the late response. We believe you have received the updates from our teams. Should you have any questions later, please let us know.
5-1 04:58
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-1 04:58
Sorry for the late response. We believe you have received the updates from our teams. Should you have any questions later, please let us know.

I certainly will. It looks like resolution is close.edit: Speed matter is resolved. Mini 2 resolution close at hand. I hope!
5-1 23:19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 5-1 23:19
I certainly will. It looks like resolution is close.edit: Speed matter is resolved. Mini 2 resolution close at hand. I hope!

Thanks for your updates. No worries. We are always here.
5-2 06:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules