Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6623816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

I had a issue with my Avata  2 yesterday I was flying and lost connection to the drone and I had the drone set to hover when I lost connection but the drone did not hover. I will be posting a video with this also when I lost connection the drone was still flying until it crash and you will be able to see in the video I also hit the brake button and nothing happen the drone keep flying till it hit some trees and crashed… DJI if you see this post please contact me and let me know what's going on with the drone. I really think there are still bugs in the drone a new firmware update is needed fast…
4-27 05:48
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TRYING TO POST LINK
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TRYING TO POST LINK
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

https://youtu.be/8Tvh1kM8yhc?si=VVeHbtz5-PHBIL6k

Copy and paste this link and you will be able to see video. I'm new to posting here so I do not know how to post a video yet on this form. IF THIS LINK NOT WORK CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD A VIDEO TO THIS
4-27 05:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-27 05:56
https://youtu.be/8Tvh1kM8yhc?si=VVeHbtz5-PHBIL6k

Copy and paste this link and you will be able to see video. I'm new to posting here so I do not know how to post a video yet on this form. IF THIS LINK NOT WORK CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD A VIDEO TO THIS

Let me embed that video for you.

4-27 06:19
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 06:19
Let me embed that video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tvh1kM8yhc

Thank you for fixing  that for me!!!!!!!
I hope DJI will look at this and contact me
4-27 06:27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are we looking at here?  Is this another instance of the RC signal being unable to hang on to the connection due to a weak or disconnected HD signal?

Did I see a pretty good RC signal along with a weak HD signal in the beginning?

Also I think I see an aircraft that should be braking instantly but appears to get out of control or losing control as mentioned.  Did you "unbreak?"

I agree something doesn't look right here.

OP, why do you think you had a disconnect (to trigger hover); can't see the display at all times but I don't see "disconnect" on the screen and I don't see both RC/HD disconnected.
4-27 07:11
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-27 07:11
What are we looking at here?  Is this another instance of the RC signal being unable to hang on to the connection due to a weak or disconnected HD signal?

Did I see a pretty good RC signal along with a weak HD signal in the beginning?

The drone last connection even after I hit the brake button because I had it set in the settings if I lost connection for the drone to hover and not to return to home. The two videos you see is one video from the drone and the other video from the goggles if you would like to see the goggles video or drone video let me know how to send it to you
4-27 07:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-27 06:27
Thank you for fixing  that for me!!!!!!!
I hope DJI will look at this and contact me

You're welcome.  You might have to send some logs to DJI for review.  
4-27 08:18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-27 07:17
The drone last connection even after I hit the brake button because I had it set in the settings if I lost connection for the drone to hover and not to return to home. The two videos you see is one video from the drone and the other video from the goggles if you would like to see the goggles video or drone video let me know how to send it to you

are you saying you hit the brake button more than once?
4-27 09:01
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 08:18
You're welcome.  You might have to send some logs to DJI for review.

I have done sent drone back to them and email them telling them to pull fight logs off the drone
4-27 11:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. My apologies if you came up with a decision to send it in for diagnostics. Rest assured that our team in the facility will carefully evaluate the drone to find out the main issue and provide you updates in your email. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the assessment conducted on the unit. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us. I appreciate your understanding.
4-27 19:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-27 11:16
I have done sent drone back to them and email them telling them to pull fight logs off the drone

Good plan.  Let DJI run a full diagnostics on it and go from there.
4-28 06:51
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 777917 ft
Ireland

What I see here is that you've lost your connection to the drone and therefore brake button did't work for you. Controller is now connecting with the drone through the goggles not with the drone directly, therefore when you've lost your signal your brake button wasn't activated. Logs will help clarify what really happened. Keep us posted please once you'll find out.
4-28 12:43
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

player_87 Posted at 4-28 12:43
What I see here is that you've lost your connection to the drone and therefore brake button did't work for you. Controller is now connecting with the drone through the goggles not with the drone directly, therefore when you've lost your signal your brake button wasn't activated. Logs will help clarify what really happened. Keep us posted please once you'll find out.

I have video showing I hit the brake button before I lost my connection and also DJI just email me and said they will not give me my flight logs because I used DJI care express and I forgot to download the flight logs before I sent the drone back to DJI. I guess this is a good lesson learned
4-29 02:38
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-28 06:51
Good plan.  Let DJI run a full diagnostics on it and go from there.

DJI will not do that because I used DJI care express I just a email from them telling me that.
4-29 02:40
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 19:22
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. My apologies if you came up with a decision to send it in for diagnostics. Rest assured that our team in the facility will carefully evaluate the drone to find out the main issue and provide you updates in your email. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the assessment conducted on the unit. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us. I appreciate your understanding.

Good Morning,

I just got a email from someone on your team telling me that you would not do diagnostics on the drone because I use DJI care express.I really wish I could look at the flight logs so I could see if it was pilot erro or the drone having a bug in it
4-29 02:43
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-27 09:01
are you saying you hit the brake button more than once?

I hit the brake button one time and you can see this in the video i have.
4-29 02:47
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

player_87 Posted at 4-28 12:43
What I see here is that you've lost your connection to the drone and therefore brake button did't work for you. Controller is now connecting with the drone through the goggles not with the drone directly, therefore when you've lost your signal your brake button wasn't activated. Logs will help clarify what really happened. Keep us posted please once you'll find out.

Unfortunately the way the video was recorded we cannot see the connection status for the entire time, but at the beginning he has RC & Video while at the very end he has only RC.  That said, it SHOULD have responded to the BRAKE command which we can see was issued.  We need the log to investigate deeper.
4-29 03:00
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-29 02:43
Good Morning,

I just got a email from someone on your team telling me that you would not do diagnostics on the drone because I use DJI care express.I really wish I could look at the flight logs so I could see if it was pilot erro or the drone having a bug in it

Applying for a Care repair was a mistake as this means you are cashing in one of your Care replacements.  For this case you should have sent it in as a normal repair & allowed DJI to do a flight analysis to determine the cause.  If you just want the drone back as quickly as possible Care Express is the best choice, but I hate to see you needlessly blow the cash on a Care replacement when this may not be your fault.
4-29 03:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-29 02:40
DJI will not do that because I used DJI care express I just a email from them telling me that.

Okay, so you needed a rapid replacement.  I think I'd have tried a repair and diagnostics first to save using Care and some money.  
4-29 03:22
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 03:22
Okay, so you needed a rapid replacement.  I think I'd have tried a repair and diagnostics first to save using Care and some money.

Yes I needed my drone back and fast because I have a big job in Wyoming and I want to do some FPV in my free time out here because it’s beautiful and some killer places to fly also not that much money for DJI care express just $49 but they do put a hold on your card for $294 until they get the old drone back
4-29 08:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-29 08:49
Yes I needed my drone back and fast because I have a big job in Wyoming and I want to do some FPV in my free time out here because it’s beautiful and some killer places to fly also not that much money for DJI care express just $49 but they do put a hold on your card for $294 until they get the old drone back

Yes, I've been that route also.  When you ship it back to DJI just keep an eye on the tracker to make sure somebody signs for it at the DJI warehouse.  A day or two later you'll get a confirmation that it was received and they'll release the additional hold on your credit card.  
4-29 13:53
Use props
ANDRE24639
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 13:53
Yes, I've been that route also.  When you ship it back to DJI just keep an eye on the tracker to make sure somebody signs for it at the DJI warehouse.  A day or two later you'll get a confirmation that it was received and they'll release the additional hold on your credit card.

Great thanks for letting me know that. Thank you to everyone that has help in this thread!!!!
4-30 04:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-30 04:58
Great thanks for letting me know that. Thank you to everyone that has help in this thread!!!!

You're very welcome.  Hope you get the replacement drone quickly.  
4-30 13:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ANDRE24639 Posted at 4-29 02:43
Good Morning,

I just got a email from someone on your team telling me that you would not do diagnostics on the drone because I use DJI care express.I really wish I could look at the flight logs so I could see if it was pilot erro or the drone having a bug in it

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Since you already processed the DJI Care Refresh Express, After accepting your request and receiving your original product, we will ship out the replacement product to you as soon as possible. DJI Care Refresh Express skips multiple steps in processing a repair request (including the data analysis) to ship you the product right away. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
5-2 20:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules